Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
The only Bushnell product I owned was one of their cheaper rangefinders. It worked fine for my use which was for ranging trees/objects from my archery stands. I used it for several years. Last year the rubberized finish turned into a sticky mess. At the end of the season I called Bushnell and was told to send it in for evaluation. Since I hadn't heard anything from Bushnell for two weeks after the tracking info. showed delivery I gave them a call to check on the status. Their representative couldn't find any info. on the unit and told me apparently the unit was somehow lost. I provided the tracking # and after checking the rep told me he would send a new replacement free of charge. The new unit arrived yesterday and is definitely a step up from my old one.

My first experience with Bushnell but I have to say that's pretty good service.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A few months ago I sent in a Legend ED or HD 10x40 binocular. Did not hear anything for a long while and sorta gave up. Lo and behold a new similar pair arrived, finally.

Years ago did the same with a spotter. Sent in to the service address with plainly written note of being let down in the field. New spotter.

Fair enough for budget items with no BS registration etc... Both were original owner, new retail purchases.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Long time ago I found an inexpensive pair of Bushnell binos spread along the road side. The binos, case, 3 of 4 lens caps, and the warranty card were all along the side of a dirt road to no wear. Something was broken inside the one barrel. I sent them into Bushnell and they repaired them at no cost - I was impressed. These were my loaner binos and lent them out numerous times until one day they were never returned.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
About 8 years ago, I bought a used Elite 4200 rifle scope here and the lenses were scratched. I sent the rifle scope in to Bushnell, hoping they could repair the rainguard coating. They said they couldn't fix it, but could offer me a comparable rifle scope for 20% off the retail value. No thanks!! How's that for a good warranty service? Has their service changed that much since then? Just a heads up on SWFA, I sent in a SS 16x, that I dropped my rifle and broke the ocular on. They sent me a brand new 16x with my choice of reticle, for absolutely no cost to me. That is the kind of customer service I appreciate. Bushnell seemed very sneaky and tight lipped to me, the one time I had to deal with them..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most of my Bushnells are Elite Tacs- LRHSs and DMRII Pro- and have been very solid. I did however have a recent need for Bushnell CS. They went over and above any expectation I had. Best CS I’ve ever experienced. Absolutely no complaints from me.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
About 8 years ago, I bought a used Elite 4200 rifle scope here and the lenses were scratched. I sent the rifle scope in to Bushnell, hoping they could repair the rainguard coating. They said they couldn't fix it, but could offer me a comparable rifle scope for 20% off the retail value. No thanks!! How's that for a good warranty service? Has their service changed that much since then?

Bushnell has had an Iron Clad Warranty starting on products manufactured since April of 2017. Prior, it was original purchaser. So 20% off for your secondhand scope wasn't so bad 8 years ago.

Now there's caveats to that Iron Clad Warranty that you can read on their page...and it is now transferrable.

Dan

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Several years ago my basement flooded. Two bushnell scopes leaked water. I sent them back and got nothing but BS from them about their "Lifetime Warranty" and "Guaranteed Waterproof." No repair, no replacement, nothing. I will never buy Bushnell.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by smy1
Several years ago my basement flooded. Two bushnell scopes leaked water. I sent them back and got nothing but BS from them about their "Lifetime Warranty" and "Guaranteed Waterproof." No repair, no replacement, nothing. I will never buy Bushnell.

What series/model scopes?

DF

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dantheman
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
About 8 years ago, I bought a used Elite 4200 rifle scope here and the lenses were scratched. I sent the rifle scope in to Bushnell, hoping they could repair the rainguard coating. They said they couldn't fix it, but could offer me a comparable rifle scope for 20% off the retail value. No thanks!! How's that for a good warranty service? Has their service changed that much since then?

Bushnell has had an Iron Clad Warranty starting on products manufactured since April of 2017. Prior, it was original purchaser. So 20% off for your secondhand scope wasn't so bad 8 years ago.

Now there's caveats to that Iron Clad Warranty that you can read on their page...and it is now transferrable.

Dan

Their original 3200 and 4200 Elite series was a lifetime transferable warranty when they were sold. That was quite a bit before 2017

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Bushnell range finder....it lasted about two weeks past the warranty period.....the thing quit working as I couldn't read the range.....I sent them to Bushnell for repair.....they replied that they couldn't fix them and since the warranty was expired, I had to buy a new one.....so I did....this time a Leica.....

I've been quite happy with Bushnell scopes historically but won't buy anything electronic from them again.....and yes.....all my scopes are now Leupold.....except for the ones I have acquired years ago

IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Can’t understand some of you that buy something used then feel that a company owes you something.

Some of these stories are why more and more companies are having to reduce warranties.

When I buy something used, I’m assuming I’m buying it at risk.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 68 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.