Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
My collar bone is still dislocated but only hurts me when I lift heavy chit. Feels like my arm might pull it of socket sometimes

There's a great shoulder ortho in Nacogdoches.

can't afford it, that why i never when to the er. i'll live with it, probably to late to fix it now.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If'n I'd have let go of the gate, BEFORE the old biotch ran over me, my left shoulder would have never needed repair.
If'n I'd NOT done a swan dive off the top of a feed truck, my right shoulder would have never needed repair.

I'm a poster boy for why you should never do some things, or do them differently, at least!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both shoulders worn out by shooting heavy poundage bows back in the 80s.

Right shoulder dislocated in an on the job accident.

Crushed the ball at the top of the left humerus when a 4 wheeler rolled over on me in 2015.......believe it or not, I was stopped at the time!!....I was headed out to spray a food plot, stopped part way up a hill and the sand beneath the back tires collapsed causing the 4 wheeler to flip over backwards.......couldn't slide off the back because of the sprayer....tried to get off the right side and almost made it.......handlebar on the right side crushed my left shoulder.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Both shoulders worn out by shooting heavy poundage bows back in the 80s.

Right shoulder dislocated in an on the job accident.

Crushed the ball at the top of the left humerus when a 4 wheeler rolled over on me in 2015.......believe it or not, I was stopped at the time!!....I was headed out to spray a food plot, stopped part way up a hill and the sand beneath the back tires collapsed causing the 4 wheeler to flip over backwards.......couldn't slide off the back because of the sprayer....tried to get off the right side and almost made it.......handlebar on the right side crushed my left shoulder.

got three screws in the ball of my left shoulder, it doesn't bother me now, happened back when i was 23. but took about 4 yrs to get get full range of motion back.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SandBilly
One shoulder a motorcycle, the other was alcohol.

Thanks, I'll be careful not to pour alcohol on my shoulder. smile

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to the Doctor both of mine have torn rotator cuffs torn and need surgery. Not sure when or how I tore the right one as it just started hurting all the time especially at night when trying to sleep. Left one I was hiking a trail in Colorado in a snow storm. Was coming down the trail. I knew I was going to fall just not when. Sure enough on the rockiest steepest part I busted my ass. Slid a ways and then grabbed a hold of a boulder heard a loud pop. That one hurt instantly. After hearing how long the recovery is on the surgeries I opted not to do it. Started doing easy lifting exercises and stretches and am mostly pain free. But lifting thing over shoulder height is painful. May get them fixed one of these days. Can't hardly pull a compound bow back anymore though.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Stem cell research is showing some real promise in this area, really hoping it turns out to be the real deal and is reasonably affordable. Shoulders have got better over the last few years, it's the knee's that are bringing me down. Hope they can get it sorted out and available so surgery can be avoided.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Summer of 2006, I was standing on a ladder, halfway out of a roof hatch in a small wooden grain bin while inspecting the area around the roof hatch. The ladder slipped and as I fell, I hit both arms on the edges of the roof hatch. The right shoulder was messed up, the left one hurt but seemed to function OK. Since it was workers comp, I did PT on both, the left one came around but I needed surgery on the right.

Fast forward to 2013, I grabbed a bag of ear corn (70 lbs) that was on a wagon and started to pull it back towards me. Something popped in the left shoulder and hurt like hell. I had that one fixed, the doc said there was old damage in there.

Both are fine now.

Dale

This space for rent

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ass over shoulders on a DR650 bike flipped, seat/rear brake light landed on top of my right shoulder as I went face down in the dirt/rocks. That shoulder predicts incoming weather better than the meteorologist on the local t.v. station. Thank God for alcohol yo make it bearable in the evenings.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Three surgeries to the right shoulder... last one fixed the problems from the first two...

Combination of events, but saved a wrist and hammered a shoulder. After the last surgery am able to actually throw a football for hours and not hurt.

Got recommendations from a bunch of docs on who to see. They all listed the same guy as the best... They also gave me a "no f-ing way" list with mostly the same docs on it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had one shoulder operated on for a torn rotator cuff, and an MRI showed a small tear in the other one. Most of my problems are arthritis related, so I just get a cortisone shot in the shoulder about once a year, and live with the pain. As long as I don't try to overdo it, I'm usually not too bad.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The pushups thread got me to wondering....

For all you guys who have bum shoulders, what did you do to jack them up? Asking so that I can not do that thing.

Fifteen years in the paddock working a spotlight with my left hand and a steering wheel with my right..ironically enough if I do not exercise regularly the damned things hurt.

Funny old world, isn't it.

The exercise thing is key here. Screwed up my shoulder wrestling with my 11 year old. Hurt like a bitch for 6 months. Started exercising to get into hunting shape last year and no more issues with shoulder. I think I built up all the muscle around it so it carries itself in a proper position now. Just my thoughts on it.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

The exercise thing is key here. Screwed up my shoulder wrestling with my 11 year old. Hurt like a bitch for 6 months. Started exercising to get into hunting shape last year and no more issues with shoulder. I think I built up all the muscle around it so it carries itself in a proper position now. Just my thoughts on it.

I agree completely.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Couple thousand pitches a week in a batting cage for 3-4 months annually over 5-6 years without proper stretching/warming and rest.
Right shoulder is completely shot.

FJB & FJT
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Had kinda bad problem about two years ago. Could not shoot bow anymore. Got rid of our 4000 dollar air bed and I’m shooting with no problem again. Just throwing this out because sometimes it’s a simple thing. Ed k

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tennis

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I started working out reg'lar after they opened up a gym on my way to school.

I'm left-handed, before I started lifting barbells over my head again I had no clue of how much of the range of motion I had lost in my right shoulder.

Turns out for years, lifting or reaching over my head, I had led with my left shoulder, my dominant side without even thinking about it.

Took a while but I have most of it back.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 1234, 1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 76 invisible), 2,030 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,650
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.