-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds to me like they're about to wrap this one up. This girl friend is from Hansen, ID, a small town about 20 miles from me.

DENVER (AP) — A man beat his fiancee to death with a baseball bat after failing to persuade a Magic Valley woman he was having an affair with to commit the killing, but later convinced her to help him cover up the crime by cleaning up the bloody crime scene before he burned the victim's remains, investigators said Tuesday.

Dramatic testimony at a Colorado hearing shows the prosecutors' case relies heavily on the cooperation of Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, a 32-year-old Hansen woman who told police that she and Patrick Frazee were having a romantic relationship.

Kenney has pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence and is required to testify against Frazee as part of her plea agreement with prosecutors.

The body of Kelsey Berreth, a 29-year-old flight instructor and the mother of Frazee's infant daughter, has yet to be found.

Tuesday's hearing was held to determine whether Frazee will stand trial. He was arrested on murder and other charges last December, about a month after Berreth was last seen alive on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22. Prosecutors announced additional charges this week, including tampering with a deceased body.

Frazee has not entered a plea to any of the allegations.

According to multiple media outlets, testimony at the hearing revealed that police initially found no evidence of foul play inside Berreth's home but later discovered traces of her blood in the bathroom.

Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater testified Tuesday that Kenney told police Frazee had claimed Berreth was abusing the couple's daughter. Slater said there is no evidence that was true.

Kenney said Frazee suggested multiple ways that she could kill Berreth, including poisoning her coffee or striking her in the head with a metal rod and a baseball bat, Slater said. Kenney told police he became angry each time she failed to follow his directions.

Kenney received a call from Frazee on Nov. 22 demanding that she drive to Colorado, Slater said.

"You got a mess to clean up," Frazee said according to Kenney's account.

Kenney told police that she arrived two days later and found a "horrific" scene with blood spattered on the walls and floors of Berreth's townhome, Slater said.

Kenney told police that Frazee had wrapped a sweater around Berreth's head before beating her to death with a baseball bat and stashed her body on a ranch. After she cleaned the house, Kenney said she went with Frazee to retrieve Berreth's body and watched as Frazee burned it along with the baseball bat on his property, Slater said.

She said Frazee later told her he planned to throw the remains in a dump or river.

Kenney took Berreth's phone to Idaho, where she sent text messages to Frazee and Berreth's employer posing as the dead woman then burned the phone, the investigator said.

Kenney told police she wanted to please Frazee and feared that he would harm her or her family if she did not cooperate, Slater said.

The testimony did not reveal prosecutors' theory for a motive for why Frazee would kill Berreth. Her parents argue in a wrongful death lawsuit that they believe Frazee wanted full custody of the couple's 1-year-old daughter. The child has remained with them while the criminal case proceeds.

Investigators initially said Berreth was last seen on surveillance video with the couple's daughter at a grocery store near her home in Woodland Park, a mountain town near Colorado Springs, south of Denver. Police later found footage on a neighbor's surveillance camera showing Berreth, Frazee and their daughter at the entrance of Berreth's townhome later that afternoon.

Prosecutors' evidence also includes cellphone tower data, suggesting Berreth's phone was in the possession of either Frazee or Kenney after Nov. 22, the date Frazee told police he last saw Berreth.

Frazee, 32, has been jailed since his arrest.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sick world we live in where life isn't worth a nickel in your pocket.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Unfortunately quick capital punishment won’t happen.

NRA Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I ain’t gonna say “poor woman” with respect to the accomplice because she was a grownup who had to drive hundreds of miles to clean up the crime scene, but IIRC she is a reasonably attractive woman from what I presume is a decent community.

What on earth did the scumbag have over her to get her to agree to that?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hard to imagine a lack of self-esteem that deep...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A woman with common sense wouldn't be able to get far enough away from this guy but she traveled to help him. She's as screwed up as he is.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Never name your daughter Krystal or some other variant of Crystal.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Truth.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Truth.

Yup!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I would be in jail if I was her father. I would take that SOB somewhere and torture his arse. The pain and grief of a family losing a child that way has to be horrible. Top that of she had a new baby. I don't care how much you hate your wife this is way past normal.

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The woman he was bopping is just saving her a$$. Since she did not help in the murder and refused to, ( per her statement) they claim she cannot be tried as an accomplice or accessory to murder. Only obstruction of justice.I'd bet she gets little jail time in return for the her testimony for the jury finding the guy guilty. This is on the other side of Pikes Peak from me.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Why is it that so many more women make terrible choices in men than men make in women? Not saying it doesn't happen, because it obviously does, (avalanche of bash the ex posts not needed) but the proportion seems way out of whack.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Or Tammy. dopn't forget Tammy....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A woman with common sense wouldn't be able to get far enough away from this guy but she traveled to help him. She's as screwed up as he is.

He was a highly desirable stud.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The woman he was bopping is just saving her a$$. Since she did not help in the murder and refused to, ( per her statement) they claim she cannot be tried as an accomplice or accessory to murder. Only obstruction of justice.I'd bet she gets little jail time in return for the her testimony for the jury finding the guy guilty. This is on the other side of Pikes Peak from me.

This^^^. She was all for the woman being gone and wanted to take her place in getting the bone.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The woman he killed wasn't his wife.All he had to do was walk out the door.

Life has no meaning to some people,now his life should have no meaning to the state.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,083
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.