-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What is the general consensus on this mess? Will Trudeau get kicked out prior to the election this fall?

Jim

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1OntarioJim;
Good evening to you sir, I hope all is well with you tonight and that it's beginning to warm up a wee bit.

When Mr. Dressup made up the cabinet at first, I made the comment to a few people that Jody Wilson-Rabould and Harjit Sajjan were the only two ministers who belonged there and might have a chance of doing a decent job.

Now to be clear, I'm a fan of neither's political stances, but based it on their previous jobs, she as a lawyer, council member and elected First Nation chief and he as a former VPD officer as well as being in the Canadian Armed Forces.

When I watched some of Pierre Poilievre's and Michell Rempel's videos on this SNC scandal early on, I wondered how far it would go and have got to say I thought the mainstream media would've buried it better, but somehow they couldn't or at least couldn't successfully do it.

Unless I misread Mr. Dressup, he's much too vain and sure of his superiority to everyone else to quit, but if enough fires are lit around him there's a chance the Liberals will turf him.

That said, they likely know that they're in for an interesting election regardless of whether they keep him or not....

Lastly, I've got to say that listening to former minister Jody Wilson Rabould's testimony the other day she sounded extremely credible and believable. If it was me facing the task of cross examining her or trying to undermine what she'd presented - well I'd know I had my work cut out for me anyway Jim and wouldn't like my odds let's say.....

Listening to some of the Liberal member's response and Mr. Dressup's as well confirmed my opinion of them as a group for sure and now I've got some fine, fine individuals to hold up as examples, you know?

Anyway sir, that's just one guy's thoughts on the matter and nothing more. Interesting times for sure though.

All the best to you as we head into spring.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/01/19. Reason: added for clarity - hopefully

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hoping for a non-confidence vote. He has said he won't resign.
There seems to be a widening crack in the Liberal Party, hoping it becomes a deep canyon that swallows the entire mess.
The ex-AG has him by the short and curlies, that was quite clear from watching her testimony.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Dwayne

Good day to you.

Have to say you pretty much mirror my thoughts.

Have to add the CBC seems to have been brought to heel in the past 24 hours.....and the rest of the Lieberal Party seems to be coming together for the purpose of discrediting JWR . So we will see how that plays.

Also important to remember that Quebec sees nothing wrong with ‘sunny ways’ actions....

Finally I saw a statement that said something to the affect “ research shows that 1 in 5 Trudeau supporters is just as dumb as the other 4’

All the best

Lorne

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Native people hereabouts have always and I mean always supported the Liberal party—all the way back to the original Turd. This riding has occasionally gone NDP but I believe that was due to Unionized Mill Worker support. A lot of Mills have since closed down.

There are six local Indian bands that I do buisness with. On a totally different matter than national politics 2 local Chiefs, 1 counciler and 1 band administrator happened to meet at my house yesterday. We took care of buisness, in 10 minutes, and then spent the next 2 hours discussing Jody Wilson-Rabould. The Shiny Pony ain’t so shiney anymore.

Indigineous People don’t have the numbers to sway a national election—I don’t know if thats a good thing or a bad thing—but they are getting organized and paying attention.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think he is done. He will be forced out by his own party before the next election. He is a fxck up, the ship is sinking, and that is their only option

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
He is arrogant enough to believe he is above all of this. It would be laughable to watch if he was not in a position of such influence.
I am not sure if the Liberal party will cut him out or just fracture itself wide open over this. As things start to crumble his support will diminish, no doubt. (rats leaving a sinking ship) Many former supporters of JT now see him for what he really is.
His former AG is formidable and has her ducks in a row for this fight.
Let us hope the conservatives can take advantage of this to secure the next election and we can all try to move ahead.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can someone fill me in on what is going on as we don't get much news about Canada down here. Having severed in the RCAF do try to keep up with going ons in Canada.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Serious allegations of interference from the PMO office by at least 11 people on the former Atourney General, who was fired after not complying with Mr Trudeau. SNC Lavalin were on criminal investigation for bribing officials in many different countries to be awarded contracts.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I as a person came to 24 to BS about guns and my take on them good or bad and am not very political!! but whats happening in Canada is over the top!! with the SH$T we have running our country . And Im sure it will get worse until Oct!! Gun owners as a whole are as I see it not very political but those SOB in Ottawa make us get out of the hen house and smell the Sh^t

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You are a flake. You spoiled a nice discussion with your "all about me" post. You're not even Canadian. Shhh, John. The grown ups are talking.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
O Ya>>< >> here comes SR! >>>You are a flake>> This Guy is a ???

Last edited by Ranting; 03/01/19.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hate to be His Wife !!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

-2 O by the way RS>> We are looking for TEE>OFF in Osoyoos >>That's Golf!>> in a few weeks!!Enjoy
°

70%
18N
1h

1-3cm
Sun
03/03
Scattered flurries

°
°

40%
19NW
3h

~1cm
Mon
03/04
A mix of sun and clouds

°
°

30%
17NW
5h

-
Tue
03/05
Scattered flurries

°
°

40%
25SW
2h

~1cm
Wed
03/06
A few flurries

°
°

40%
18NW
5h

<1cm
Thu
03/07
A mix of sun and clouds

°
°

30%
11NW
5h

-
Fri
03/08
Mainly sunny

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That's Rs>>weather !Enjoy >>Tee Time maybe even sooner things are looking real good got up to 45F >>that's 6 c!!>>and only going Up!Enjoy your frozzen Brain.

Last edited by Ranting; 03/01/19.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There are a few places in Canada >>RS>> like the Boundary and the Okanagan that don't have brain freeze all year like you!! and can really think!! https://youtu.be/92jFK5HVJFc

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well it seems the majority here have the same feelings about the Liberals as I do. I never liked them before and the recent events only strengthened my desire to see them kicked out of office. It just confirms how shallow politicians are when so many of them line up to lie for their leader.
I imagine Trudeau's defence is likely to be "well I only said a solution needed to be found". This in spite of the fact he had been told several times there was no legal way to provide a solution.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by northcountry
Can someone fill me in on what is going on as we don't get much news about Canada down here. Having severed in the RCAF do try to keep up with going ons in Canada.
Cheers NC

In a nutshell, the Prime Minister''s Office and senior Liberals are being accused of interfering with the Attorney General's office. If you watch about four or five of these short videos, you'll be up to speed.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1624474

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A>>hows Bizz? rs>I see well by the posts!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Well it seems the majority here have the same feelings about the Liberals as I do. I never liked them before and the recent events only strengthened my desire to see them kicked out of office. It just confirms how shallow politicians are when so many of them line up to lie for their leader.
I imagine Trudeau's defence is likely to be "well I only said a solution needed to be found". This in spite of the fact he had been told several times there was no legal way to provide a solution.

Jim
The solution is to put as many of them liberals in orange jumpsuits as possible.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (204guy, 219DW, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 42 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,276
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.