Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I purchased a new GP 100 a few weeks ago and immediately encountered an issue. From time to time, decocking it would result in the hammer dragging and binding-up with a metal to metal feeling. The trigger and transfer bar would also not reposition properly on these occasions. In any event, FedEx tracking indicates that it will be delivered to Ruger by late this afternoon. I sure hope this story ends better than it began-and will advise accordingly. CP.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Ruger's CS is second to none. I'm sure you will be satisfied in the end.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
CP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
The process is moving along:

Dear Valued Ruger Customer,

We have received your Ruger firearm and are reviewing your concerns. We will work hard to address
your concerns and get back to you quickly. Our typical response time is less than one week, but we will
update you along the way so that you can track the process.

If you have any questions about your firearm, please contact Customer Service at 336-949-5200.
Please do not respond to this email, as it is sent from an unmonitored mailbox.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
That!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Very true here.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Is the doofus missing something? People are singing accolades of praise to Rugers cusromer service for being second to none?
They are good no doubt. But if one manufactures a defective product and some unsuspecting person buys that product with the expectation of a quality product then the manufacturer should be kissing the customers buttocks to correct the situation.
More power to Ruger to serve the customer and to produce products that rarely need to go back to correct problems that shouldnt need corrected in the first place.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

C
CP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
If you have an interest in this saga, I received two emails from Ruger this morning. The first email’s subject at 6:14 AM was “Start Repair Notification” and at 7:22 AM the subject was “Complete Repair Notification” with a note that a shipping notice would be available shortly.

No, I am not happy that I had to send this new handgun in for repairs. However, I thought I would share this information with the board so members could draw their own conclusions. CP.

C
CP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
FedEx delivered my GP100 to my front door today. The packing slip indicates that Ruger replaced both the hammer and trigger to correct the issue that I was experiencing with this handgun. It has passed every function test that I have given it, so it appears that it is fixed. Ruger paid the shipping and repair costs and the GP was only out of my procession for a total of 14 days. I certainly wish that none of this was necessary, but from my standpoint Ruger did what was needed to fix the problem in a hurry. CP.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hope all is well with your revolver, and it makes you a good solid piece, man, I just don't have that kind of patience, chit is supposed to run right, especially new, like the revolvers Paladin spoke of in a different thread, the 29 I shot loose, and the two Anacondas were dropped off and given to my 'Smith, guess he used them for parts, I didn't want the sombitches back.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by CP
FedEx delivered my GP100 to my front door today. The packing slip indicates that Ruger replaced both the hammer and trigger to correct the issue that I was experiencing with this handgun. It has passed every function test that I have given it, so it appears that it is fixed. Ruger paid the shipping and repair costs and the GP was only out of my procession for a total of 14 days. I certainly wish that none of this was necessary, but from my standpoint Ruger did what was needed to fix the problem in a hurry. CP.

As it should be. Feet to the fire. Feet to the fire. Feet to the fire. Repeat after me , FEET TO THE FIRE.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
That!!

Exactly. I have NEVER had ANY problem with Ruger Customer Service. A lot of companies in the industry should take instruction from them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not surprising to me...3 of my last 5 new Ruger revolvers...all single actions, had to be returned, That is Taurus quality...I won't buy another new Ruger.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I'm glad Ruger fixed you up...Enjoy your new GP100!....The last two Ruger revolvers I bought had to be sent back to Ruger but both were corrected by excellent CS, its just a shame to have to send back a brand new revolver for chit that should have been caught before they ever left the factory.....Hb

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I currently own 22 handguns from Ruger. The only one I had to return, which I no longer own, was a SR22.

It is nice to know that they addressed your GP 100 issues quickly.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When your QC sucks, your CS better be top notch or you will go the way of the dodo.

I love Ruger, but it seems like QC went out the door when they started the million gun a year, or what ever it was, program.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JimLuke
Not surprising to me...3 of my last 5 new Ruger revolvers...all single actions, had to be returned, That is Taurus quality...I won't buy another new Ruger.

I've reached a point I consider Ruger 45 SAs to be 90% kits. I'm looking hard at the 45 ACP/LC Redhawk and was hoping their DAs got a little better QC these days.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not surprised at their CS....it's always been top notch.

I am however surprised and more than a little disappointed to hear of the number of issues folks are having with new Rugers though.

I sure hope they get squared away sooner than later.

I'm feeling fortunate that my new 44 has been trouble free. Normally if there's a problem child it'll find me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by JimLuke

I've reached a point I consider Ruger 45 SAs to be 90% kits. I'm looking hard at the 45 ACP/LC Redhawk and was hoping their DAs got a little better QC these days.

Said it before. "Ruger always almost makes a good gun."

Seriously, Ruger isn't cheap anymore. How much would it cost to
make 6 cylinder throats the same, proper, size? Or to simply smooth the
internal parts? Not hand fit, just deburr? This [bleep] wasn't so bad when
their guns were alot cheaper than the competition. But they keep closing that $
gap.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to add another data point in the Ruger analysis...

The last Ruger I bought was a SA SS .45 Colt Bisley. I sent it back, because it was extremely difficult to reassemble--it was near impossible to get the base pin through the cylinder. You had to fiddle with it endlessly until you hit the spot where it would slide through. Since I was sending it back, I also asked them to loosen up the tension on the gate. It took a LOT of force to open and close the gate.

Ruger paid shipping both ways and completed both repairs perfectly. I was disappointed that I needed Ruger's CS, but they took care of me 100%.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my small sample of 4 Ruger revolvers, I’m kinda Luke warm to them.

2 Blackhawks, one of which the trigger would bind up. Local Smith in GA fixed it. Second seems fine, but the finish is thin and, like Waders, the pin can be a royal PITA.

Love my LCR 22lr.

I want to like the Lipsey 5” GP 100 in 327 Fed Mag, but not excited to pay that kinda money for a Ruger.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (673, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 79S, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,636 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,503
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.