Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,747 of 1,842 1 2 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Paul,

Have you thought about a cerakote for the metal?

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, but I think I need to leave it in it's original intended state.

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Tzone, the Chevelle is a '72. All stock and other than some minor body work & a new windshield it's mostly original. I have had it more than 35 years. The 350 2 brl is a little lired & the seals leak a bit otherwise it's a fun car to drive about 5 months out of the year. I know you guys are Ford fans so I appreciate the compliments. Anything old can be cool. Cars, trucks, guns!

Like an old Savage 99. If the gun were mine I would try to clean it up the best I can. If you are still not satisfied then go ahead and get it reblued, I agree about keeping it original although I have seen some cerakote work & it was pretty nice. If you re-blue make sure it's done by someone that knows what they are doing or you will probably be unhappy. Please let me know what you decide.

Dave, you sound busy but it also seems the business is doing well. Please keep posting those hot rod photo's.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Jim, Thinking back at classic cars that I've owned and currently own... I've been fairly balanced in the GM, Mopar, Ford choosings. If anything I've been a little light on my mopars. But I've had some GM stuff, still have 2 actually. We have a 59 2 dr biscayne and a 2 dr 54 chev 210 del ray. The 54 is not a driver, it's in the project row. But the 59 gets driven in the summer.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Northern_Jim
Tzone, the Chevelle is a '72. All stock and other than some minor body work & a new windshield it's mostly original. I have had it more than 35 years. The 350 2 brl is a little lired & the seals leak a bit otherwise it's a fun car to drive about 5 months out of the year. I know you guys are Ford fans so I appreciate the compliments. Anything old can be cool. Cars, trucks, guns!

Like an old Savage 99. If the gun were mine I would try to clean it up the best I can. If you are still not satisfied then go ahead and get it reblued, I agree about keeping it original although I have seen some cerakote work & it was pretty nice. If you re-blue make sure it's done by someone that knows what they are doing or you will probably be unhappy. Please let me know what you decide.

Dave, you sound busy but it also seems the business is doing well. Please keep posting those hot rod photo's.

Jim, I'm a fan of any brand of the classics. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Buick....doesn't matter to me. Some of my fav's in the classics are Chevy's and Buick's actually.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like imports !

74 MG Midget
[Linked Image]

Deal with it !

Paul.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stick a 347 Stroker in that sucker Paul!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hardly enough room for me !

Paul.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Tzone, maybe I missed it but what is that new motor your building going into ?

Dave, Glad to hear you guys like the classics in general. I like them all for the most part. Has anyone by chance attended the Woodward ave. car cruise in Mi. It is a very large annual event and I would describe it as a 2 day moving car show. I have tons of pics of a huge variety of cars & trucks.
I had the opportunity to buy the Chevelle a long time ago and after seeing my bride enjoying it I decided never to sell it. When my son started to talk about buying his first car with a very limited budget I gave him the opportunity to help me take it out of storage and do some minor prep work. I wish I had taken a picture of his face when I sprayed a little starting fluid in the carb and told him to try it. After being parked for a couple of years it fired right up and idled smoothly. I told him he could drive it until he saved enough $ for something he didn't have to work on every other day. Like taking your first deer, he was hooked & the first time he drove it he got so many compliments on it that he understood the cool factor and took very good care of it. As soon as he bought his own car I quickly took the keys back though. Sorry for the long ramble.

New to 99's, My first thought upon seeing that pic was exactly what you said, there's barely enough room but how fun is it to cruise around with the top down on a perfect summer day.

FOR ALL OF YOU HERE ON THIS AWESOME THREAD, I have finished reading every page and have immensely enjoyed being a part of all of your deer camps and hunts. Your children growing up to be hunters & fishermen/women and getting their first deer. My first deer was many years ago but I remember every detail. I also appreciate and understand the initial motivation that caused Dave to start this. I believe that is the main reason that this thing has lasted this long.
I have been close to bed ridden the last 6 weeks and reading this and all the well wishes you gentlemen show for each other is really something rare in all of the forums I have been on, believe me you can read a lot of stuff in 6 weeks.It has been mentioned already on here but there is none of the bickering and ignorance here that seems to show up almost everywhere else. My sincere compliments.
I do hope this will continue and please add pictures of every outing or hot rod Dave, deer camp especially. They are so very special & entertaining. Hopefully I can add some interesting stories & pic's myself (now that I have that figured out).
I'm not sure where this has taken me in the "man card" department so I will just finish with a thank you to everyone who contributes here.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Hey Jim, Thinking back at classic cars that I've owned and currently own... I've been fairly balanced in the GM, Mopar, Ford choosings. If anything I've been a little light on my mopars. But I've had some GM stuff, still have 2 actually. We have a 59 2 dr biscayne and a 2 dr 54 chev 210 del ray. The 54 is not a driver, it's in the project row. But the 59 gets driven in the summer.

Love to see pictures if you have any handy. I suspect you have a few large photo albums sitting around?

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Jim, thank you for expressing your thoughts on this thread in general, that's nice to hear.

As for my personal classics, my stuff is all work in progress stuff. I put everything into customer work, I currently have no room or time for my own projects. We hope that by finishing and moving some of our work into the new building, maybe it will be easier to sneak one of our own personal projects into the mix.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Jim,

My motor is going into a 1955 F-100. It has a Mustang II sub, 11” disc breaks, lowered 5” but no air bags. She’s getting a full resto. Lease don’t compare it to Dave’s restorations. Lol.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
ND, thanks for the pics. They are both very cool, really love the "baby moon" wheels, did I get that right? Seems like these are just perfect on certain cars. Like yours. I like them a lot on old trucks also. I understand not having time for personal projects, as one friend told me "life just gets in the way". Gotta keep the lights on.

Tzone. Can't wait to see your truck, have you taken any in progress pics?

Have always thought it would be fun to build the snot out of the 350 in my Chevelle and leave the rest stock except for maybe adding a little wider tires onto some Rallye wheels I have in the barn. Something always seems to keep me from doing that? Probably because I am always buying guns, bullets, reloading supplies and deer tags. Hope that comment helps keep this on topic as this is not so much a car forum. Lean a gun against the cars if you have to but keep posting the pics.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jim, I do have some pics. I’ll see if I can dig them up tomorrow.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tzone
It's the time of year when tzone tom gets the itch for a new (different) boat. I have been a Ranger/Lund guy forever but pretty much got priced out of that game. My current boat is a 16.5' Alumacraft Classic. Too small. I found a decent deal on a used 18' Skeeter glass boat with a 115 Suzuki. She ain't pretty but they all look good at closing time.

There's the ol Tzone we know and love. I was starting to get worried. You used to go through boats like I go thru underwear. 115 on that Skeeter? Giddy-up!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Northern_Jim
I am in the Petoskey area. I do a have a couple of hats up in the Chapleau Ontario area though.

Spend a lot of time up in that area - Ptown that is. Chapleau, not so much, although I'd love to. I hope you're feeling better so you can get up there after the thaw. I'll be heading your way in a few weeks.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Dave is working mostly on business expansion plans. Insulating, finishing, wiring a new building and fitting it with equipment and tools. then creating a break room in the main building. The idea is to support 2 additional employees and be able to shoot through projects faster.

Sounds like the business is doing great! It take a lot of courage to leave a good job and jump into the deep end of the pool. I'm happy for you and Mrs. ND. Quite an accomplishment and your work speaks for itself. Well done.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks CFT.

I'm not sure about success. I'm simply at a crossroads. Get busy winning or get busy losing. Sink or swim sort of thing.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It sounds like your business is doing well Dave. Glad to hear it sir.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by tzone
It's the time of year when tzone tom gets the itch for a new (different) boat. I have been a Ranger/Lund guy forever but pretty much got priced out of that game. My current boat is a 16.5' Alumacraft Classic. Too small. I found a decent deal on a used 18' Skeeter glass boat with a 115 Suzuki. She ain't pretty but they all look good at closing time.

There's the ol Tzone we know and love. I was starting to get worried. You used to go through boats like I go thru underwear. 115 on that Skeeter? Giddy-up!

Yeah a 115. It's rated for a 140. It's not a big wide glass boat like they are now. The dealer assured me it was sufficient. I'm going to go take a look at it on Monday after work. I'd REALLY like a new one but they're almost as much as a new truck. Hard to justify that. A new Lund Pro-v or Ranger 619 like I used to have, are now sniffing $80k. Yes, you read that right.

Page 1,747 of 1,842 1 2 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.