Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I'm in the process of selling a home and I'm considering using Cleaver. They advertise that they will provide me with a list of full service agents from major brokerages that will accept a flat fee of $3000...

This is false economy and not a smart place to cheap out. Where's the incentive?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by 1minute
One can negotiate rates with agents. They are not paid for showing a listing. They're paid at sale time.

True they are paid at sale time, but according to the ones we talked to if the realtor is from a different company that produces the sale then that realtor gets 3% and the listing agent got 4%.
So what the hacks wanted was to sucker me with this BS “I got this approved buyer that would really like to view the house. Showed them the edited listing pics off Zillow. But you gotta pay me if it sells.”
Which Got a GFY.

Right off the bat, the ones that are getting their info from zillo ain't worth chit. I get my info off the MLS.

Kelly
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I'm in the process of selling a home and I'm considering using Cleaver. They advertise that they will provide me with a list of full service agents from major brokerages that will accept a flat fee of $3000.00. I've looked on line and haven't found many reviews.
Has anyone had any dealings/experiences?
Thanks,
Doug.

Remember the old saying. You get what you pay for.

There's another old saying. Sometimes realtors are greedy, lying, parasitic fugs.

True enough! I've dealt with plenty of those. Let me also ad that there are some big franchise brokerages (Keller Williams) that train their agents to go after "For Sale By Owner', BS them to get their listing. My broker calls those agents bottom feeders. Rightly so. I won't do that, but if I have a client that tells me he or she is interested in your home, I would ask if you would compensate me 3% when we close. My agreement with my client is that if you refuse, I collect it from the buyer. Most often, that's a deal killer for my client since the majority of closing cost is on the buyer any way.

Kelly
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by 1minute
One can negotiate rates with agents. They are not paid for showing a listing. They're paid at sale time.

When you list your house with an agent, you agree on a percentage. That is split between the listing agent and the selling agent. When the selling agent is looking at houses for his clients he can see what his cut will be. If everyone else in the area is offering the buyer's agent 3% why would someone bring a client to your house? Maybe he's stupid. The time to negotiate is when you are deciding on an agent. The only time I will but what I'm getting (which is normally 6% which is split) is if the owner is going to move to another house and they will use me to get them a house. Then I will agree to 5%, and still give the seller the 3%. The selling agent doesn't actually get the whole 3% which most unsophisticated people don't understand. My broker typically get's 30% of whatever I get. So does the buyers agent. He's broker get's a cut as well. It's not as lucrative as some people think. The office building, the advertising etc, costs money. Doesn't your boss have overhead in his business? Do you split the prophet with him, with out taking into consideration of the costs?? If you are so smart so sell it yourself. You think you are going to do that for nothing? How are you going to get your house known? You have to advertise. How good are you at contracts. Do you carry insurance in case you neglect to disclose something about your house? I'm dealing with someone right now that is advertising his house as 2000sf, 4 br.
500 Sf of it was never permitted. 2 of the 4 bedrooms, don't have legal egress. There's a lot more to selling a house than it appears. If it appears easy, it's because you have a good agent.

All good information.above. I have a Texas real estate sales person license and a Texas building inspector's license. I went to real estate school after I retired from my corporate career, to better enable me in my real estate investment activities. That said, I deal with lots of realtors and regularly buy properties. I am familiar with the laws and real estate practices in Texas.

The "standard" commission rate for non-commercial properties is 6% of the ultimate sale price. If a buyer representative (what Caribou Jack refers to as a "selling agent") brings a buyer to the table, the listing agent typically splits the commission with 3% going to each Realty. The typical real estate sales person in Texas works under a broker managing the Realty. A portion of the commission goes to the broker for "overhead". In the instance of very high-dollar properties, many realtors will reduce their commission percentage, as 6% would render an unreasonably high commission.

I occasionally will sell one of my properties. Even though I am fully able to represent myself, I avoid the FSBO route. A good realtor will list your property on many sites beyond the local multiple listing service and run ads in newspapers and various community magazines. A realtor familiar with your area will understand the market and provide valuable advice regarding pricing as well as any improvements needed to attract a buyer. Also, successful realtors often have willing buyers looking for what you may have.

Most real estate agents work hard for their commissions. Those that don't, should be avoided.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can see if they’ll do a limited service listing. Basically it gets placed on the MLS and the rest is up to you. But if you want a professional job, hire a professional.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,513
Posts18,472,386
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.