Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A horrible act at Virginia Tech today, and coldly premeditated. Doubtless in a bit we'll know all about the shooter.

I know a family living in dread that this guy will turn out to be a Muslim terrorist, them being Muslims. For them it'd be the aftermath of 9/11 all over again.

But my greater point is this; not since the Archduke Ferdinand was murdered in 1914 have we lived in an age where the actions of so few can so easily affect the course of World Politics.

Just 20 murderers backed by a well-funded organization of less than 10,000 carried out 9/11 and precipitated a chain of events still ongoing today.

Maybe 100 Palestinian suicide bombers nipped in the bud any peace process (might have been doomed anyway) that involved 6 million people, and precipitated the building of a wall.

Now one guy chains shut a crowded building and methodically shoots more than 50 innocent people.

If he was a psychotic jilted lover, as www.drudgereport.com has it, little if any effect on international politics.

If he turns out to be a suicidal jihadist; celebrations in the street in some quarters over there, anger and renewed recriminations over here, and very possibly an effect on our subsequent foriegn policy and how we prosecute the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

All of that brought about by the actions of only one individual. No wonder terrorism persists, it works.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
WTF, dude...

You know one family living in dread that some schithead is a muslim...

I know about 2000 families living in dread that their kid is one of the ones in the morgue. For example, one family that I've known since very early childhood with SIX family members on campus and one very pretty little girl as a student who lives in West AJ and is an engineering major... Do ya think MAYBE they have a little more to be worried about than where some f'kin' fruitcake is a muslim or not?

Put it back into perspective a little, will ya?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WTF, dude...

You know one family living in dread that some schithead is a muslim

+1

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I give a ratz azz about that one family, I feel for the many families, and don't really think anything the school tells them will make it any better. You really need to think about this one, just because they don't look rag, doesn't mean they aren't islamic, a lot of muzzie's in bangladesh and the phillipines if I remember correctly. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

muddy

"A good judge applies the law as it is, not as she wants it to be", Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.
IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Personally, I don't give two happy horseschits wtf he was... other than nuts, and dead about 3 hours too late.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
+3...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It makes no difference what the shooter's religion was he was a terrorist. If you don't think those kids weren't terrified think again. That's why this "War on Terror" is so stupid. You can't get rid of a method. You can only get rid of the people who use the method and arm the population to protect themselves in the event a terrorist gets in their mists.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the most part the Muslims will not condemn the action of the few. If the Muslim community would condemn terrorism then maybe then maybe the community would not be blamed. To some the lack of condemnation is the same as condonning the acts. I think it is past time for the Muslim to speak out againts terrorism.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

But my greater point is this; not since the Archduke Ferdinand was murdered in 1914 have we lived in an age where the actions of so few can so easily affect the course of World Politics.

With all due respect. I'd ask you to learn more about the Night of Long Knives when a small group of German militia under the arm of Adolf Hitler in one night disposed of all his enemies. That was a political move and in my mind arguably one of the most powerful world altering actions in history.

However I fully agree if he does turn out to be a fundamentalist muslim then the [bleep] has hit the fan. Our SpecOps should go after all of his family. That way we can keep it limited and still make a huge impact. THAT IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL! I only mean it if it was a jihad attack. However I do mean it...IF...it was.

Las word I heard was he was Asian....

Last edited by 300wby; 04/16/07.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
WTF, dude... Put it back into perspective a little, will ya?

You guys can gage for yourselves how revusled I was or not by this act, words from me towards that end would be pointless.

But the fact remains, if he'd been a Muzzie, our collective rage would know no bounds, and we would likely act on the international stage.

One guy could do that.

2,000 families in fear? 32 families (at last count) facing the unthinkable? Of course, words can't even express.....

And then there's maybe seven million US Muslims hoping against hope he weren't a Muslim. Its the kids I worry about, I know some.

Face it, if this guy WAS a Muslim most here could GAS about them people here, see, they'd ALL be guilty.... right?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Birdwatcher,

Face it, if this guy WAS a Muslim most here could GAS about them people here, see, they'd ALL be guilty.... right?

They are guilty. Which group celebrated after 9-11?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
And any of this matters now WHY? HOW?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
And any of this matters now WHY? HOW?

Because the minute we heard of this, everyone (including me) was wondering if a Muslim did it. Imagine the state of this board right now if it had been.

When we get hit again we will react in rage. When we do, we should be careful to determine exactly whose tune we are dancing to

They are guilty. Which group celebrated after 9-11?

Ringman, your reply makes my point I think.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't give a flying [bleep] what his relegion was, my problem is with the lack of security at this school. Where was the campus police, do not get me wrong I know that this is a very large campus but good GOD man this guy ran loose for 2 hours without any one taking him out. I did not get to watch the news last night so they may have stated the reasons but I can't for the life of me figure out why it would take that long to contain or kill one person........Blake

Also I heard that the president of the University made a statement, anyone care to elaborate on what he had to say.......Blake

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Before we do a lot of "finger-pointing", we should wait to get ALL of the facts.

I understand the shooter was an "Asian". If so, then he's not likely to have been a Muslim... but even if he was a Muslim, that doesn't make all Muslims "bad".

Some of us keep forgetting that it isn't ACCURATE or FAIR to blame a whole religion or race of people for what a few "crazies" do.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself as the "death toll" around the world keeps rising due to the hatred of a small minority of one or several different "groups" of human beings who have become "inhuman".

Events of late are a sad commentary on the state of "human understanding"... the world seems to be becoming more and more vicious and violent and, sadly, I don't have the "answers" as to how to stop it. frown

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What if the VT shooter is an illegal Mexican or another illegal that crossed into the USA via the Mexican border?

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Birdwatcher
Because the minute we heard of this, everyone (including me) was wondering if a Muslim did it. Imagine the state of this board right now if it had been.

Well, not everyone was ready to go kill ragheads Birdy, but you do bring up an interesting point. With so MANY attacks of this nature already happening, its just natural that we WOULD suspect one of the peace loving muzlims as the perp.

but you are off the hook, he was an asian.

Sam......

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, at least Birdwatcher's family is happy, relaxed, and comfortable now.

Too bad the families who actually matter in this incident aren't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He could be an Asian kid of Muslim faith or a Wythe County boy that goes to the First Baptist Church of Wytheville, VA. End result is still the same, many lives changed forever in a horrible way. I just ask the the Good Lord watches over the families.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 58 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.