-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Suzanna Gratia Hupp was in that restaurant that day in October 1991, 23 dead, 20 wounded....

http://www.gunownersalliance.com/hupp-10.htm

Her own handgun, as per state law at that time, was out in her vehicle.

Motivated by her own sense of rage and helplessness after she watched her parents get shot, she became a State Senator and was intrumental in getting our own concealed carry law passed.

The antis are going to howl after yesterday, but our own side has a stronger argument.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB4

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
How I HOPE you're right, Birdy... BUTTTTTTT, this ain't gonna "go away" soon, I fear.

This is EXACTLY what the "anti's" needed, along with the control of the Congress, to polarize the voters & push their anti-gun agenda through both Houses of Congress.

But they may WAIT since they have only another 2� years to wait to elect a Democratic President who will SIGN that very restrictive anti-gun legislation the "anti's" are going to try to pass.

Let's face it... whoever the Democrats run for President in the next election will BECOME the President... and we're ALL in for one heck of a fight to keep the 2nd. Amendment alive and well... and in place!!!

Moreso than ever, we all need to band together to fight what's coming... or we'll all surely "hang" separately! frown

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It worked in TX. I'm not so sure about VA though. It would be nice anyway.

My wife used to carry her 45 choosingly. The last few years she carries it just about everywhere off the farm. Its to that point.

And what I and everyone else here probably, fails to understand is how its wrong for a licensed, background checked person to carry, when the criminals do it all the time, regardless the laws...

We can only pray for the families. And hope for common sense in govt. Which with demos in control again, and worse soon, will not happen.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Asked on another thread, What would happen if a citizen,teacher or someone other than a leo shot and killed the pos in one of these deals?

DC Miller
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
2002: Appalachian Law School shooting was stopped by people who legally owned guns -- but THEY had to run to their cars to retrieve them. A shooting at a high school dance in Edinboro, PA could have been much worse, but was stopped by a teacher whose shotgun was in his car parked off school property -- he'd been hunting that day -- who retrieved his shotgun and stopped the shooting. I recall hearing similar incidents in other situations.

It is heartbreaking to hear about all these kids killed because *nobody* could help stop the problem. What a terrible way to die. What a terrible thing for their families, thinking about how their children suffered such fear and utter helplessness before being killed.

Dan

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Denni Schaffer is on the Glenn Beck show right now. He just put it right on; crime rates drop in areas where concealed carry is allowed. He ran some stats that sounded legit. He said let them carry if allowed. Running stats on how many kids get killed by guns vs sports. Football kills more kids each year than guns.

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I found this interesting and a little surprising actually.

ABC News Gun Control Poll

DT

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Why don't we hear more about that?

DC Miller
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Droptine. I bet we never hear that poll result out there on the nightly news.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave. The media doesn't want anyone to know that legally owned/carried weapons prevent the kind of massacre we see.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
This whole situation is truely a tragety for everyone.

What most people fail to realize is that having more gun laws will have no affect on the activities of criminals.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They have to keep up the victim mentality. If they start suggesting that people defend themselves, then they might start thinking for themselves too. It's ther media's job to tell people how to think, just like it's the governments job to take care of us.

This always reminds me of the great bar scene in "Open Range" where the locals are complaining about the cattle baron, but there's nothing they can do as they are all farmers, shop keeper, etc.

Costner's line: "You're men, ain't you."

it's not just that people were shot down at VT because they were armed. No one even tried to fight back as far as I can tell. Jus like Luby's, people sat there and were gunned down. We've conditioned people to never fight back.

I feel for every person who was killed, and their families. But I can't help wondering about what has happened to this country when it appears no one tried to fight back, even if unarmed.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
THat conditioning is what gets one killed. I cannot understand it either. I mean if your option is you are unarmed(are we ever really unarmed?) and they are going down the row systematically shooting....

I mean even in war they lined up folks and machine gunned them? I'd at least make a run(well you could fall over and hope....)

The jet liner in 9/11 makes me proud to be American. I'm wondering how rare it really was though(sorry I can't recall that flight number)

There is that saying, do something.....

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Until more folks start to carry legally and more crimes get stopped by responsible legally carring people we will not hear about it on the left wing controled news.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
In the Appalachian Law School and at Edinboro, PA, it did not take an army of armed citizens -- ALS had two students who had pistols in their cars, and at Edinboro, it was one teacher. In both cases, the perpetrators surrendered without being shot at.

Dan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Suzanna Gratia Hupp was in that restaurant that day in October 1991, 23 dead, 20 wounded....

http://www.gunownersalliance.com/hupp-10.htm

Her own handgun, as per state law at that time, was out in her vehicle.

Motivated by her own sense of rage and helplessness after she watched her parents get shot, she became a State Senator and was intrumental in getting our own concealed carry law passed.

The antis are going to howl after yesterday, but our own side has a stronger argument.

Birdwatcher

I lost a friend @ Luby's that day. Was my best friends wife. She had taken (along with other ladies at the Power Co.) her boss to lunch. Johnny never got over losing his wife that day. He passed away last month...

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,931
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.