B
I don’t kill time, I kill prairie dogs.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WTF
I reckon it beats watching Gunsmoke and Rifleman all day

Not by much. I get a cable channel that shows the High Chaparral.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think I have Alzheimer's. I can't remember what I do. I load ammo on a single stage press for prairie dog shooting.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by tikkanut

bumm around in my Taco truck

[Linked Image]

Must be an old retired guy thing. I have one of those too...

[][Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anything I damn well please when I damn well feel like it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Sit in the recliner and pretend I am listening to wife who is telling me about all of the things that need to be fixed or done. I am a excellent listener as I can only hear out of one ear with 50% hearing in that one. grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
About 10 years ago I had a fall and screwed up my back.... none of the imaging showed anything fixable. I took up Ham radio and literally made friends around the World. About a year and a half ago my wife and I made a road trip to see a new grand nephew... on the way back pain level went from "I don't travel well... ouch..." To "Dear God I need a second option and heavy duty pain meds...".

Went to a neurosurgeon who did a different kind of imaging with a contrasting dye. He said the reason you have not gotten better is that you have a broken vertebra, part of which is just loose floating around messing with your spinal cord. In an out patient procedure he cut me open and plucked out the chunk and then patched me back together literally with super glue. I still can't lift much but I'm out and about way more than I had been in many years

A few years a gun shop opened locally with a pretty good gunsmith working there. I have been hauling in most of my gun collection for repair or just tweaking stuff.... It's been kind of like having a whole safe full of new guns. I run into friends I hadn't seen in years there.

My wife likes to hunt and shoot and we have enough property to shoot out to 400+ yards. I've put up 2 new steel targets and weed wacked a distant bank and placed probably 40 clay pigeons on it yesterday. I have been able to sit at the reloading bench again and am in the process producing tuned ammo again.

I drive into town to swim 3 or 4 days a week. I like to cook... my wife still works crazy long hours and I'm glad to be able to do a better job of having something ready to eat when she gets home (I still draw the line at house work though grin).

I had always had really good health and in a way took it for granted.... now that I have had a wake up call about a finite number of active years left I have been focused on not taking anything for granted.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most of these guys post on the fire and watch the view.

I'll probably never get to retire, so I'll never know

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reload, shoot, reload...Get in trouble by my wife...Reload, shoot. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

[][Linked Image]

Sweet truck! What’s that stack (vertical pipe) in the back?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
As long as I can hike, I hope to keep this up.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
About 10 years ago I had a fall and screwed up my back.... none of the imaging showed anything fixable. I took up Ham radio and literally made friends around the World. About a year and a half ago my wife and I made a road trip to see a new grand nephew... on the way back pain level went from "I don't travel well... ouch..." To "Dear God I need a second option and heavy duty pain meds...".

Went to a neurosurgeon who did a different kind of imaging with a contrasting dye. He said the reason you have not gotten better is that you have a broken vertebra, part of which is just loose floating around messing with your spinal cord. In an out patient procedure he cut me open and plucked out the chunk and then patched me back together literally with super glue. I still can't lift much but I'm out and about way more than I had been in many years

A few years a gun shop opened locally with a pretty good gunsmith working there. I have been hauling in most of my gun collection for repair or just tweaking stuff.... It's been kind of like having a whole safe full of new guns. I run into friends I hadn't seen in years there.

My wife likes to hunt and shoot and we have enough property to shoot out to 400+ yards. I've put up 2 new steel targets and weed wacked a distant bank and placed probably 40 clay pigeons on it yesterday. I have been able to sit at the reloading bench again and am in the process producing tuned ammo again.

I drive into town to swim 3 or 4 days a week. I like to cook... my wife still works crazy long hours and I'm glad to be able to do a better job of having something ready to eat when she gets home (I still draw the line at house work though grin).

I had always had really good health and in a way took it for granted.... now that I have had a wake up call about a finite number of active years left I have been focused on not taking anything for granted.

That is a great story. You really nailed it with taking our health for granted. As a young man I took pride in how long and hard I could work. When they came up with the policy of rehabbing firemen on big working fires I thought the department was being wholesale pussified. Feeling the way I do most days with my back I see how smart some people really were. Last night I was carrying a pot of spaghetti out to the spare refer and had sharp pains in my lower back. I definitely need to do more to strengthen my back. I would love to swim but I'm a little bit worried about the pool at the gym. It seems to be overused and maybe a little dirtier than I like.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Retire ?? Kill time WTF. Does any of this mean

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I plan on killing a lot of pigs

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by las
What time is there to kill? I'm way behind and losing ground!

I'm with Las!

These days it redoing the floors amongst other honeydews!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
I plan on killing a lot of pigs

[Linked Image]

That thing looks exactly like Miss Piggy.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Hunt, fish, and f**k in that order.

Why in that order?.....because without the 2 former activities the later one would not be possible. 😁jk

My dad worked his ass off and didn’t have any hobbies, work was his hobby. He retired and had mom to keep him company but mom died a couple years after he retired and he was lost. He sits on a of couple boards as part of the BOD and does some contract consulting work to try and stay busy but it’s not enough to keep a healthy and active 78 year old busy. We meet for breakfast each week to break up the monotony and catch up.

I’m glad to have enough hobbies to keep me busy for 3 lifetimes I only hope my health is as good as his is when I’m his age.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Every day is Saturday. Snowing outside right now. Time for a long nap.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,104
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.