Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Since the 500 S&W has almost no recoil could someone tell me what handgun to get that does? I am looking for one that has more recoil than a 357 Magnum.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
A 5.5” 500 jrh with 400 grain pills going 1500 fps with a weight more than a pound and a half lighter with no brake. That’ll do it. Also, who said it doesnt recoil. It just doesnt recoil that much. Another option is mac prasacs 500 alaskan bfr. Or my 4” fa83 475 linebaugh that is loaded to 400gr at 1400 fps. See i have all the above except the alaska. Bet you dont so your comparisons are invalid. Or my 4 3/4” fa83 454 with 325 aframes running over 1600fps. All recoil harder by simple virtue of a lack of weight and/or muzzle brake.

Last edited by Tradmark; 05/07/19.

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Goody for you. I am so happy. Your are the man. But you are are still posting answers to me. Stupid is as stupid does. So I vuess WE are stupid. How does it feel to be stupid? I work at it but your comes naturally.

Originally Posted by Tradmark
A 5.5” 500 jrh with 400 grain pills going 1500 fps with a weight more than a pound and a half lighter with no brake. That’ll do it. Also, who said it doesnt recoil. It just doesnt recoil that much. Another option is mac prasacs 500 alaskan bfr. Or my 4” fa83 475 linebaugh that is loaded to 400gr at 1400 fps. See i have all the above. Bet you dont.

HE MENTORS ME.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
You asked a question and i am qualified to answer it. You evidently arent, so i did.

Last edited by Tradmark; 05/07/19.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
There again you are making assumptions. Keep posting and keep rolling around in stupidity. I am sure your big hunring friends are proud of you. Maybe you can help them.

You asked a question and i am qualified to answer it. You evidently arent, so i did.

HE MENTORS ME.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Frog snacks.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I like frog legs. Havent had any in a while.

HE MENTORS ME.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
[Linked Image]

Had the shooter been wearing a chest rig, might have gotten it holstered......without using hands! whistle memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sorry but this forum deserves a troll like glockdoofus.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
[Linked Image]

Had the shooter been wearing a chest rig, might have gotten it holstered......without using hands! whistle memtb

LOL, if a dude set that up, it's the quickest way to make a woman hate guns, I bought one just like she's firing for laughs, a kind of a goofy novelty revolver, 440's at 1650+ are a royal PITA, a much more sedate 1350 is still plenty, I couldn't think of a thing I couldn't shoot through at that lower level.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A 5.5” 500 jrh with 400 grain pills going 1500 fps with a weight more than a pound and a half lighter with no brake. That’ll do it. Also, who said it doesnt recoil. It just doesnt recoil that much. Another option is mac prasacs 500 alaskan bfr. Or my 4” fa83 475 linebaugh that is loaded to 400gr at 1400 fps. See i have all the above except the alaska. Bet you dont so your comparisons are invalid. Or my 4 3/4” fa83 454 with 325 aframes running over 1600fps. All recoil harder by simple virtue of a lack of weight and/or muzzle brake.

The only revolver I would not shoot since it had a Bisley shiny grip. He split his head open with it. He is so tough he kept shooting it with blood pouring. The Alaskan needs a cannon carriage for sure.
You are correct about gun weight but then things need 50# more.
You know we never had any arguments in all these years since you tell it right. so why have you bashed me? I feel bad with you calling me names when I would never do that to you. This site is good and I want to stay and I would never go to get you tossed but you are a mean person. Just tone it down. If I was a mod you would be gone but not if you apologized.
The amount of internet gurus That call me a lair is astounding because they think 7 yards is what has to be shot. You can shoot a .44 to 1000 yards. See the video where a balloon was broke at 1000 yards with a nine mm revolver. Jerry Mikulik.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E

Originally Posted by CraigC

Yup

Lots of confusion by a couple between recoil, momentum, torque, and interia. an balloons broken with blast fragments.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CraigC

Why?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Because, since Bricktop left, we have been lacking a .............. Well you fill in the blanks.

To the OP, a 26 oz 41 mag loaded with 250s over 21 gr H110, or even 210s over 25 gr H110 would get your attention.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Because, since Bricktop left, we have been lacking a .............. Well you fill in the blanks.

To the OP, a 26 oz 41 mag loaded with 250s over 21 gr H110, or even 210s over 25 gr H110 would get your attention.

Darn right. I have the .41 BH and it is a thing to recon with. Yet it can be controlled by a man but not a wuss panty wearing girly man. All you see today is questions for piss ant loads. Just why did anyone buy a .500 and want a load that does not recoil? .44 mag recoil? What is that? I do not know where men have gone today. Please dear God my .380 kicks! Buy a .500 S&W and shoot seven yards with a 1000 yard gun. What the hell did you buy it for? it is a macho thing to brag about when you show a gun but you can't shoot it at all. Yeah you brag but are piss ants when push coves to shove.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
My SBH in 41 weighs more than twice as much as the Taurus Titanium I mention. The SBH is a pussycat with any load I can build. The 4 inch Titanium Tracker, not so much. It carrys well, and is shootable with 210s over 12 gr HS6 or lighter loads. That is its sole reason for existence.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Yup and shoot what you shoot well. Imho smith nailed the biggies because they made em shootable. Imho not big kickers per se but very very effective and shootable.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

The only revolver I would not shoot since it had a Bisley shiny grip. He split his head open with it. He is so tough he kept shooting it with blood pouring. The Alaskan needs a cannon carriage for sure.
You know we never had any arguments in all these years since you tell it right. so why have you bashed me? I feel bad with you calling me names when I would never do that to you. This site is good and I want to stay and I would never go to get you tossed but you are a mean person. Just tone it down. If I was a mod you would be gone but not if you apologized.
The amount of internet gurus That call me a lair is astounding because they think 7 yards is what has to be shot. You can shoot a .44 to 1000 yards. See the video where a balloon was broke at 1000 yards with a nine mm revolver. Jerry Mikulik.

Well, lets see. You have been banned on every forum but this one. You have started threads elsewhere to bash whitworth and when i wouldnt deal with it you called names. Im not mean, but you cant lie and not get called out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

Well, lets see. You have been banned on every forum but this one. You have started threads elsewhere to bash whitworth and when i wouldnt deal with it you called names. Im not mean, but you cant lie and not get called out.

We had problems of course and when push came to shove I was correct. It all started when I told him the loads for the .44 had CCI mag primers and we fought about it so I called Double Tap and was told YES, CCI mag primers.
Then powder burn where I said no powder is consumed in 1" so I called powder companies and was told not even the fastest powders were consumed in long barrels so they had to sweep tunnels to prevent a flash. I was told the ideal was to have all powder gone within 3" of the muzzle but how do you do that with a 2" barrel? I have never been proven wrong after 68 years of loading but I am great at telling facts that nobody agrees with.
Yes if you bring loads here I will tell you what primer you used. I can tell the powder also. I made enemies by telling the truth.
I apologized and a real man would accept it. I do not know why I made efforts since I was correct. I still am and will never back away from truth.
If you think you can slip loads in the .44 with 4227 or a mag primer past me, you will fail.
OH, bye the way you should type better as I can't read a single thing that makes sense. You would fail first grade. Do you REALLY load ammo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 67 invisible), 16,056 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,788
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.