Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone got, used, seen one of these...?

https://www.vectoroptics.com/Marksman-3-5-10x44-Hunting-Riflescope.html

I expect they’re made in China, which of itself doesn’t worry me unduly. I’ve got a good few of the Bushy AR Optics scopes from China and they’ve been great.

Thinking about chucking one on a 223AI for foxes, rabbits, the odd feral goat and plinking on steel.

I really like the reticle though in practice I won’t know until I see it myself.

There’s also a fixed 10x44 version that I’m considering too for the same purpose.

Thoughts?

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok I gave you blokes 25 minutes and got sick of waiting... so I have one on a slow boat from China to NSW as we speak. So I guess we’ll see what we see.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't say I've ever heard of Vector Optics. Good luck with it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hudge

I’ll let you know - disaster or otherwise!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
had one gave it away. complete garbage.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
‘52, anything specific?

I suspect it will be left on 10x and I’ll use the reticle rather than dial much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bobnob17
Originally Posted by Hudge

I’ll let you know - disaster or otherwise!

Hopefully it's not disaster.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok so I know you blokes will be horrified but I actually did buy this scope and received it a couple of weeks ago. For the sake of conversation (and laughs if that's what I get) I thought I would report back to you...

I mounted it on an old circa 1970s Omark club rifle in 308 Win that I've had kicking around for quite a while. It's generally quite accurate so I thought a good platform to test this scope with.

First and most importantly, this scope is "extremely tactical". That's got to be a propitious omen doesn't it?
[Linked Image]

Mounting the scope up and fiddling with it all and bore sighting it, I have to say it looks and feels pretty good. Everything was solid, nothing rattled!
[Linked Image]

Came with a set of 30mm steel rings. Nothing flash, but they seem solid enough. As I don't have many 30mm scopes usually, these were the rings I used to mount it.
[Linked Image]

I quite like this reticle. 10 mils on the reticle, not the most uncluttered but not the worst either. Forgive the terrible iPhone picture please.
[Linked Image]

The reticle is quite fine. Probably a little bit too fine for a bush rifle in poor light. The centre aiming dot is quite fine and is ok for shooting on a paper target - it doesn't cover much of your aiming point.

I have only shot about 40 rounds through it. It's been shooting tight groups and holding zero throughout the power range.

I took it out and lasered 100 metres and thought I'd give it a brief (and not too stringent I must admit) test to see how it tracked.

The bottom left diamond was the first aiming point and I was aiming dead centre for the diamond. POI is around 2.75" high at 100m.
The second group (they are all three shot groups) was aimed dead centre at the same diamond as the first, with four mils wound on the vertical. Yes three shots went into a rough hole which is unusual for me. I was disappointed to see the group was on the opposite side of the vertical line until I checked and found (with the help of my iPhone) that the target was canted about 1 degree anti-clockwise.

The third group was with the turret wound back to zero on the diamond in the centre, though for some reason I aimed at the top point of the diamond this time (I think I got all giddy about a one hole group!). It was pretty much right back at 2.75" high though I think I pulled one shot a little to the right which shifted the centre of the group slightly right.

[Linked Image]

Distance between groups 1 and 2, with 4 mils wound on, was 39.5cm at 100m. So while it was a fairly low level test, it did what it is supposed to do.

Laughs aside, I actually don't mind it for the very modest cost. The scope is fairly compact and not too heavy, and feels solid enough.

Most probably it will end up on a 223 or similar for a bit of a fun gun on steel and foxes and goats.

So there you go...have a laugh on me!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well...there's no way to KNOW until you give it a go. Courageous of you to post it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems like it's working just fine for you. I have seen some videoes on YouTube about Vector optics, seems you either love it or hate it. I kind of like the reticle myself. Maybe I'll slap one on an AR and test it out.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, beefan, 308ld, 808outdoors, 338reddog, 7 invisible), 922 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,263
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.