Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

The death penalty should be mandatory for school shooters - whether they kill anyone or not.
Immediately & with prejudice.

Politics is War by Other Means

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More proof that LGBT are are dangerously emotionally ill,who need treatment.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bluefish
Is it me or have the calls for "gun control" not been as loud this time? Perhaps they only trot that one out with multiple fatalities? Sadly, damned little has been written about the young man, three days from graduation, who charged the shooter in an attempt to stop it, thereby losing his life and likely saving the lives of fellow classmates. May Good Bless that young man's soul and keep his family.

Kendrick Castillo is his name, he's been on the local news a lot. His friend Joshua Jones also charged one of the shooters and was shot. As far as calls for gun control, last night the top story on the local news was about the vigil that was held for them, and the other injured students. Politicians showed up and started to bang the gun control drum and the students from Highlands Ranch STEM school got pissed and walked out. They returned later and got their chance to speak, whereupon they blasted the politicians, and said they wanted to talk about and remember their friends who were shot. They said they didn't want anyone co-opting their tragedy and they didn't want anyone using it to make a political statement. Let that sink in for a minute (not directed at you bluefish), what a concept.

And they specifically said they didn't want anyone using their tragedy as a reason to push for gun control, I've never heard that from any students anywhere where there's been a shooting.

"About par for Denver" indeed. RIP Kendrick Castillo. There have been school shootings all over the country but nowhere else has a student done what he did.

Well stated and something a lot are missing. Extreme acts of bravery saved this situation from being much worse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
some other considerations are that in every case I can recall, the school shooter was taking psychotropic drugs. Every one of them was known to local law enforcement and mental health providers. These kids did not just show up, the authorities were aware of them, aware of the potential for disaster, and DID NOTHING.

Now you are looking at what the real problem might be.

I'm not so sure any "authorities" other than the children's parents and doctors are necessarily made aware of what types of drug or other medical treatments are being provided to a child.

Seems far too often the parents appear to be rather irresponsible about what their problem-ed child has access to in their own homes.

And if it turns out their parents allowed access to the guns they used, they need to be held accountable.

Doesn't seem they ever are held responsible.

It's early and fake news is abundant, in one of many news stories I've read it was stated the older of the two shooters got the hand guns from his parents home, the parents owned three.
He's a legal adult by age and law, doubtful anyone else will be held responsible.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When perverts are involved, it's hard to sort out the press's statements. So the older one is a boy and the younger one is a girl who calls herself a boy. Do I have it right?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 30338

Well stated and something a lot are missing. Extreme acts of bravery saved this situation from being much worse.

School security and the local deputies were also there in what seems like record time. I heard an unsubstantiated report that one of the students may have been shot by one of the school securtiy staff. If it turns out to be true some will hold that up as proof that armed guards (or teachers) in school are a bad idea but given the same circumstances if my kid was in that school, I'd prefer to take my chances with someone confronting the shooters with deadly force, rather than letting them run amok.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The sad fact is our culture is sick. Our kids are being bombarded with homosexual disinformation to the point a good portion of them can't even figure out what sex they are. Mental illness is becoming the norm and victimism is lionized as the order of the day by the press. our media outlets are as sick as the mental cases that they love to report on. Our politicians are power drunk idiots. What else can we expect from our children.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rainshot
What else can we expect from our children.

I expect a lot from mine. It's all in how they're raised, nobody else raised my kids.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 30338

I can't relate to what these kids go through today. This may be a result of the "active shooter" drills they have to do.
I know they try and teach the kids to run and hide, but for those that just can't accept that it might give them time to get their head wrapped around what they would really do in such a case regardless of what they are being told to to in these drills.

Originally Posted by Kendrick Castillo's Father

[Linked Image]

The 18-year-old’s father, John Castillo, told NBC News on Wednesday he recalled a conversation he once had with his son where he advised the teenager, “You don’t have to be the hero.”

But according to John, Kendrick remained adamant about trying to engage a shooter if it ever came to that.

"There was no questioning. There was no hesitation. There was no looking around," Bialy said of Castillo as he spoke to reporters at a news conference.
"It's really hard to stop that kid when he gets going," Bialy said, likening Castillo to a human bowling ball as he rushed to overpower the suspect. "The gunman … was against the wall and didn't know what the hell hit him."

Originally Posted by Nate Holley

[Linked Image]
"It was really chaotic," the 12-year-old said. "Most of the kids didn't know what to do."
Nate said he froze as gunshots shattered a window.
"I had my hand on a metal baseball bat just in case," Nate told CNN's Brooke Baldwin. "'Cause I was gonna go down fighting if I was gonna go down."

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Tyrone: Thank you for the back up on the premise that anyone who goes into a school with intent to grievously harm ANYONE (whether with a gun, a bomb, a knife or a Molotov Cocktail) should be put to death!
The message must be sent that going into a school and killing innocent students/children is NOT just making a statement or a facebook entry, it is a serious crime that mandates the death penalty.
And this, in my original posting I alluded to the mental instability of these two murderous deviants and the HIGH probability that they were or often are under the influence of either prescribed or illegal drugs!
Many are not aware that virtually ALL mass murderers are sexual deviants - one case I am personally aware of is the mass murderer named ted bundy - he mass murdered and viciously mutilated many dozens of young women but what many don't know is he was a homosexual pedophile rapist as well!
He raped several young teenage boys in the Seattle area along with the murders of the young women!
A humans inability to be at ease with their sexual deviancy leads to unhappiness, mental stress and on rare occasions evil acts of criminality.
These are facts and I could care less if they offend the light in the loafers crew on this forum!
And this to "JeffA" I do indeed hold the parents of these to wayward cretins at least partially responsible for their offsprings crimes!
You do NOT get that fphucked up over night!
I don't care where the guns came from that is a separate issue.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
In the California, North Carolina and in this shooting, Men decided to take action. While others panicked, they charged forward towards the shooters. The miserable cowards who are responsible for these shootings are by their very nature week. I always hope that if I'm ever faced with a situation like these Men faced that I would take action even if it means I must die in doing so.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Rainshot: You make an absolutely great point (our culture has turned SICK!)!
In the previous 70 years of my life I could never imagine our schools and our entertainment industry actually endorsing transgenderism (and etc!) to our grade school aged children like they are now doing!
This is a recipe for sadness, tragedy and debauchery!
Parents must somehow learn how to protect their children in this debauched society.
I fear for the future of this country and our society.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Might be mistaken but I seem to remember in the concealed weapons class the instructor said it is illegal for anyone under 21 to possess a handgun. There are a few exceptions having to do with ranching and hunting.

As far as executing school shooters, I don't think it would deter the criminal. It would prevent second offenders.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100
Might be mistaken but I seem to remember in the concealed weapons class the instructor said it is illegal for anyone under 21 to possess a handgun. There are a few exceptions having to do with ranching and hunting.

As far as executing school shooters, I don't think it would deter the criminal. It would prevent second offenders.

States' laws vary, but here a simple note from a parent is all an underage person needs to carry. How can you restrict a competent kid from protecting his own life?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
45 100: I agree with your second point emphatically (it WOULD prevent repeat offenders!)!
And I disagree with your first point (executing school shooters won't prevent same!)!
What "we" are dong NOW is NOT deterring the occurrence of these horrific and senseless crimes!
I say fphuckem! Burn'em down! I believe it would deter some of the deviant murderous bastards - and if it doesn't well like you said they won't be repeat offenders.
Tough problem but it had better find a solution or our Second Amendment Rights will be coming under more and more attacks.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Yes indeed I have noticed that the on-line tirades against President Donald J. Trump by this deviant shooter, have received next to nothing in the way of mainstream media coverage!
Had this shooter been an opponent of anyone on the left it would be day long (weeks long!) non-stop headlines.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ted Bundy was a serial killer, not a mass murderer.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
smokepole: Someone who has been proven to have killed 20 (twenty!) women and mutilated them beyond belief and is strongly suspected in the murders and mutilations of 13 (thirteen!) more women has indeed attained the descriptive equivalent of "mass murderer" in my book!
By the way on more than one occasion ted bundy killed more than one woman at a time.
Does that satisfy your need for "clarity" or "definition"?
Call him (it?) whatever YOU want smokepole, ted bundy the sexual deviant was executed having been responsible for surely killing nearly three dozen women (and one child!) and no more women were killed by him nor were more prison workers put in harms way!
Good job Florida!
Court ordered execution puts an end to deviant mass murderers (or deviant serial killers as well!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rachel madcows ..kids....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 340boy
I lived in Boulder and then Denver(Stapleton) and with no offense meant to any 24hr members that live there, I don't miss it a bit. Strange place. However, I do miss the mountains. OK, that, and the beer. grin

Why? I've lived in Denver, and spent 2 summers on USFS trail crew in Northern Idaho.

You are in a better place.... smile

Red flag law (does CO have?). is working to it's intended (untouted) purpose - and not preventing this kinda crap.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Atvalaska: Thats funny!
I am not saying all sexual deviants are serial killers or mass murderers - I am saying that drug addled sexually troubled deviants should be carefully cared for and watched or even institutionalized.
And virtually all mass murderers and serial killers are also sexual deviants (john wayne gacy, wayne williams, ted bundy, aileen wournos etc etc etc!)!
Shouldn't laugh while we are discussing such a sad and serious topic but your reference to raquel madcow really struck me as funny.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,821
Posts18,496,525
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.