Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Where has the board been in all this?

They control who gets on the board.

The whole board needs to go.

Yes exactly, and we see what happens if someone dares to speak up as Oliver North did.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
WLP is an American success story living the Amercan Dream - making the big bucks - millions in retirement account - sharply dressed - everything first class - so Grey Poupon if you will .
What's not to like ?
Thank you for all you've done WLP & all the others at the NRA who're living the dream ...

The check is in the mail ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
WLP is an American success story living the Amercan Dream - making the big bucks - millions in retirement account - sharply dressed - everything first class - so Grey Poupon if you will .
What's not to like ?
Thank you for all you've done WLP & all the others at the NRA who're living the dream ...

Do you happen to be interested in purchasing some ocean front property in AZ?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 700LH
What's not to like ?

Not at the moment - sent all my money to the NRA ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
“I continue to read alarming information regarding Wayne LaPierre and his “champagne” spending habits. As a Benefactor member of the NRA, I find this offensive, and a HUGE waste of NRA resources. I believe it is time for the organization to rid itself of Mr. LaPierre, and find someone whose values are more in line with that of the “rank and file” membership. This organization should be focused on protecting the rights of gun owners, NOT providing Mr. LaPierre a collection of overpriced suits and fancy foreign vacations. Luckily, my membership dues are already taken care of, however, I will NOT be contributing more money to the organization until it has rid itself of Mr. LaPierre and his exorbitant/unethical spending habits.”

My letter to the NRA. I’m no real fan of Oliver North, either....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
What's not to like ?

Not at the moment - sent all my money to the NRA ..

If you agree with background checks to buy a gun, bump stock bans and red flag laws or more restrictions on your RIGHT privilege to keep and bear arms then you have done the right thing.
Happy Mothers Day

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is what I sent them in response to an e-mail they sent me a week or so back.

[Linked Image]

You know what I heard from them?

CRICKETS.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ask em about support for the hearing suppressor bill and you will hear the same crickets,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have lost all confidence in them. Not going to send any more money their way until I see some solid evidence of change in their administration and lobbying strategies. Results are what count.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What do ya have in something that isn't a leftist rag?

WSJ? those bomb-throwin' Bolsheviks?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“I continue to read alarming information regarding Wayne LaPierre and his “champagne” spending habits. As a Benefactor member of the NRA, I find this offensive, and a HUGE waste of NRA resources. I believe it is time for the organization to rid itself of Mr. LaPierre, and find someone whose values are more in line with that of the “rank and file” membership. This organization should be focused on protecting the rights of gun owners, NOT providing Mr. LaPierre a collection of overpriced suits and fancy foreign vacations. Luckily, my membership dues are already taken care of, however, I will NOT be contributing more money to the organization until it has rid itself of Mr. LaPierre and his exorbitant/unethical spending habits.”My letter to the NRA. I’m no real fan of Oliver North, either....
Could not have said it better. Thank you and if you figure out how to purge the NRA I am with you.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have believed for a long time now that WLP is nothing more than a professional politician with the same spending habits. As a Life member now for over 20 years I've watched the 'non-profit " become nothing more than a cash cow for him. I've often wondered why only the rich and famous are given the fancy custom firearms when they obviously don't need them. The NRA has done itself irrefutable harm by the recent revelations and I'm sure our liberal friends are celebrating. That being said, I'm beholding to the organization for the defense of the second amendment , period!. Each time someone hired by the NRA calls me trying to get more money ( several times a month now) I say to myself I won't contribute a dime until WLP makes a public announcement that he is taking a pay cut for the good of the organization. His spending of membership dues on clothing is a crime as far as I'm concerned, but I guess with over a million dollars in salary one has to be frugal in Washington D.C.and use the company credit card if you get the chance!. WLP, thank you for your service in the defense of our second amendment rights, But It's time for you to leave!!! NOW
I wonder how many NRA members would jump at the chance to represent this great organization for one quarter his salary, and work twenty hours a day doing it? Too bad none of the board members give a chit.
Just my "2 cents" and with inflation, probably not worth that.
Lj

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Typical conservative narcissism and privileged arrogance. I knew it was happening, but didn't think it was this bad!
They are going to have a tough time getting more cash out of the membership now. Certainly, I won't be sending anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys, check the other thread going on this.

What is the only organization that stands between the 2nd Amend and total gun control? It is the NRA.

Do you really think the Board of Directors would put up excessive abuse of privilege? Do you really think that a guy who has been "all in" for 27 years + would suddenly begin bilking the NRA?

OR - is this a great time for the Antis to start running with stories of half truths and innuendos and not telling "the rest of the story?". Not that the Left EVER liked Ollie North either.

While I am not prepared to defend or attack WLP, I find it oh so convenient that the NRA is getting slammed during this upcoming election cycle. Cut off their fund raising and lower their effectiveness, then flood Congress with gun control bills. Especially if the Dems think they can really beat Trump. Even if they can't, what about 2024? Kill the NRA slowly, starve them of money by stirring the pot and sowing discord amongst the ranks. Cut fundraise.

Hmmm, smells funny to me.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari
Guys, check the other thread going on this.

What is the only organization that stands between the 2nd Amend and total gun control? It is the NRA.

Do you really think the Board of Directors would put up excessive abuse of privilege? Do you really think that a guy who has been "all in" for 27 years + would suddenly begin bilking the NRA?

OR - is this a great time for the Antis to start running with stories of half truths and innuendos and not telling "the rest of the story?". Not that the Left EVER liked Ollie North either.

While I am not prepared to defend or attack WLP, I find it oh so convenient that the NRA is getting slammed during this upcoming election cycle. Cut off their fund raising and lower their effectiveness, then flood Congress with gun control bills. Especially if the Dems think they can really beat Trump. Even if they can't, what about 2024? Kill the NRA slowly, starve them of money by stirring the pot and sowing discord amongst the ranks. Cut fundraise.

Hmmm, smells funny to me.

Apparently the ploy to divide is working.

Last edited by jorgeI; 05/13/19.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Typical conservative narcissism and privileged arrogance. I knew it was happening, but didn't think it was this bad!
They are going to have a tough time getting more cash out of the membership now. Certainly, I won't be sending anymore.

Nah, angry old white guys will continue to send the NRA more money than they can afford, all in the name of protecting the 2nd.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Back when Elizabeth Dole took on the leadership position at the Red Cross her salary was around half a million dollars a year from a NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION! I used to do A LOT of volunteering for them. I taught first aid, CPR and some other miscellaneous stuff for them for free. I was a poor college student and could’ve used the pittance that I’d have been paid to get drunk......or in other words I’d have put the money to good use. I was pretty pissed that a non-profit could pay such a high salary, not including perks and bonuses, while the people doing the work and actually carrying out the mission of the organization were doing it for free, volunteering their time to better their community and help their neighbors. I admit that I was young and naive but that information really began to open my eyes. The argument that a CEO of a private company would make many times more than the CEO of a non-profit doesn’t concern me. If she wanted to be a CEO then she should go get hired by a private corporation and be beholden to the shareholders but as the CEO of a non-profit she shouldn’t be robbing from the charity of others.

Positions like CEO’s of non-profits are more about name and face recognition than intelligence. Those positions are about who you know not what you know, they’re about years of kissing ass and shaking hands, about schmoozing and wining and dining, throwing money around to impress the shallow, the ignorant.....the politician! WLP’s main job is to buy as many politicians (from both sides) as he can. He’s likely as deep in the DCshit as any deep stater.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) isn’t as big as WLP’s NRA but they’ve got the fight in their belly and a NO COMPROMISE attitude! I am an NRA as are my family but my money is better spent on either SAF or GOA.imo

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Nah, angry old white guys will continue to send the NRA more money than they can afford, all in the name of protecting the 2nd.

Angry white guys will for sure, but the rest of the membership, not so much.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Angry white guys built this country and angry white guys will get this country back on track......eventually. 😁 It sure as hell ain’t going to be angry black guys or angry Mexicans that will make the constitution relevant again, everything they touch turns toshit and their various homelands are lawless, ungovernable and destitute poor.

When something has been stolen from you, you have the right to be angry.

Long live angry white guys. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Recent news has the gun rights assn. in turmoil. The WSJ, "Wall Street Journal" reports that Lapierre has been a big spender, using gun rights members money to
enrich himself. Examples" $39,000 for clothing on a one day shopping spree in Beverly Hills, $18,300. for a car a driver in Europe, and $200,000 for a 2 week trip for
private air fair.

I am a long time NRA dues paying member, and this really bothers me. Too much money and corruption, hurts any organization.

By the way, I have a signed letter from Charleton Heston, thanking me for my membership, hanging in my office. Long time members of the NRA will know about this.

Somewhere in that mess is a charge of $4500 a month for an apartment for someone named Megan Allen. Who is Megan Allen and why does she get a $4500 a month apartment?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 62 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,358
Posts18,488,022
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.