Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Only Leupold I ever had to send them went out on a Thursday and was back on he rifle the following Tuesday.

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I love Leupold's customer service, but I seem to be using it a lot the past few years. I have sent a lot of scopes back to them, more than one that were flawed out of the box. I am beginning to question their quality control.

Three weeks ago I sent in a 2x7 that had a turret broken off. I was trying to adjust it and it came off in my hand. I received their standard 36 day email, but last week I received notice that it would be delivered on the 18th. Fast trun-a-round. I have a feeling they replaced the scope instead of repairing it, but that is OK.

A few months back I sent in an old 3x9x32 I had been using since I bought it in 1986. That old scope was built like a tank and I thought it would never die. They replaced it with the new VX-Freedom 3x9x44. Glass and optics are better on the new scope. I hope it holds up like the old one did, but not holding my breath.

Hard to grip about good customer service. I had just rather not have to use it.

There was no greater freedom than when I would leave Holiday Park Fish Camp heading my airboat west toward the Big Cypress. Fuel for 4 days, a good machete, an ice chest. No phone, no radio. Just God and me and the Everglades.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Well the delivery did not happen when UPS said it would. Not Leupold's fault. I checked my records and the scope had been on a 375 Number 1 Ruger since 1976. I guess there were no repair parts available no note just a new VX-Freedom 2x7. Better glass and finger adjustments. Hope it lasts as long as the old one. I hear a great deal of complaining about Leupold these days but they have always treated me well.
Pavementends

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I've always been a fan of Leupold, their warranty is definitely outstanding. As others have mentioned though, the warranty seems to be used a LOT more these days. I just purchased a new VX-3i 4.5-14x40 CDS, it was pooched out of the box, zero drifts and won't group better than 2 or 3 MOA on a rifle that's proven to shoot 1/2-3/4 MOA with the original Vortex scope and did so again once I remounted that same vortex after taking off the Leupold. Last year I had a pair of binos the eye cup seized up on so wouldn't adjust anymore, sent me a new pair. A slightly older Leupold VX2 scope I had previously bit the dust when mounted on a 7mm RM rem 700, crosshairs started spinning around inside after a few boxes of ammo. A local gunsmith claims that in his career he's had a total of 20 scopes come in that were dead in one way or another, 18 were Leupold, 1 Vortex, 1 Burris.

I'm in Canada though so different warranty center, usually back within 2 to 3 weeks here. Will be mailing the VX-3i today so see what happens. I placed an order for one of the Free custom CDS turrets on the weekend, haven't heard anything from them yet...

Bushnell on the other hand, don't get me started. EVERY SINGLE Bushnell product I've ever owned has failed. From scopes, spotting scopes, binos, even trail cams... ALL DIED! Their warranty up here is atrocious too, like 6 months minimum on average... No thanks... Will NEVER touch another Bushnell product.

Last edited by russm86; 05/23/19.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 16 invisible), 1,608 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.