Print Thread
Hop To
M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

A salute of recognition to all who have served, and especially to those who were killed or wounded, in service to our Great Nation! May our Republic forever stand! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Amen to that... getting up this morning, taking a shower and will be heading over to the local National Cemetery on what was Camp White during WW 2, to pay my respects to those veterans who are no longer with us.

For some reason, this morning, thoughts of WV Dave's son Chad is in my thoughts...

Dave, if you read this, please give your son a salute of respect and a "Thank You" for his time served...

He's in a place now where he'll always be young and will only know eternal Peace...

I wish the same for all veterans, whenever and where ever they served....
Amen...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well said Seafire.....Amen! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Seafire
Amen to that... getting up this morning, taking a shower and will be heading over to the local National Cemetery on what was Camp White during WW 2, to pay my respects to those veterans who are no longer with us.

For some reason, this morning, thoughts of WV Dave's son Chad is in my thoughts...

Dave, if you read this, please give your son a salute of respect and a "Thank You" for his time served...

He's in a place now where he'll always be young and will only know eternal Peace...

I wish the same for all veterans, whenever and where ever they served....
Amen...

Well said Seafire.
I had 8 Uncles in WWII and only lost 1. I also had good fortune from my service and live to talk about it.
I salute all who have served and died in the service of our country.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My Israeli co-worker said in Israel all the TV stations repeatedly show the names of everyone who has died in their conflicts whereas here everyone barbecues.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

my gate .......

thank you American Veterans !

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Speaking with a lady who I met last year when she used our services. Her husband was medically disabled and I noticed in their house pictures of him serving in the Air Force or perhaps Marines.

She said her husband is coming home from hospice and not expected to make it long.

I know Memorial Day is to honor those who've given their lives while serving. But it was pretty sad to think this man is coming home to die on or around Memorial Day.

Hi wife said he was 1 of maybe 14 Cheyenne that went off together and served in Korea and he is the last one remaining.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The wife and I (she is also a Navy veteran) attended a local Memorial Day service centered around the Jerry Burkhead Memorial in our town square. Jerry, a hometown boy, gave his last full measure on 8 Feb 68, on Hill 64, near Khe Sanh Combat Base, as did 28 of his Marine brothers.
There were speakers, including a local town councilwoman who wore the title of "Dr.", and has a failing art gallery in an old bank in town, most likely by Federal grant. She was elected to the council because she is mildly "hot", but went on to explain how these soldiers died for our "privileges", including an explanation on why they were not rights, but privileges. She did not ruin it for me, but took away a great deal of dignity from the ceremony, at least for me.
Disgusting, woke liberal chunt (the "h" is silent)

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 05/27/19.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I was one of the lucky ones. I got to ride a troop ship (USS Billy Mitchel) to Korea in 1964. It took 21 days and counted as part of my 13 month deployment. A-1/79th FA 7th Inf. We were near the DMZ I spent a bunch of time trying to catch infiltrators in the DMZ. Got to fly home. We were told that as soon as we could to change into civvies as we were not really welcome home. I often wonder if that's what makes what I call "National Guilt". That's why it is so important that when ever you see someone in uniform let them know that you appreciate what they are doing. Heck, there were signs in some of the stores in Colorado Springs with signs proclaiming "no G.I.s allowed". It's the Land of the Free because someone in uniform "stood in the wire", Thank You, folks. I still can not stand "Hanoi Jane".

Presidents 100-'97
Distinguished Rifleman-'81
NRA Benefactor
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Speaking with a lady who I met last year when she used our services. Her husband was medically disabled and I noticed in their house pictures of him serving in the Air Force or perhaps Marines.

She said her husband is coming home from hospice and not expected to make it long.

I know Memorial Day is to honor those who've given their lives while serving. But it was pretty sad to think this man is coming home to die on or around Memorial Day.

Hi wife said he was 1 of maybe 14 Cheyenne that went off together and served in Korea and he is the last one remaining.

My time on active duty, I served as a corpsman in an Army Hospital, Madigan AMC at Ft Lewis WA...

Most of the patients I served, were WW 1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam vets.. many in a boat like this...

Each and everyone, it was my personal Honor to be there to make their final days as comfortable and as dignified as possible...and give them and their families the respect and honor they deserved...

In college I can say I was arrested at Logan Airport, for punching out several hippies and anti war protestors for spitting on and hassling returning Vets from Vietnam, some coming home in wheelchairs and on gurneys...

When I had to cross that bridge dealing with Boston PD....I was put in a cruiser, taken off site and let go, with them shaking my hand and thanking me for what I did....the several times it happened, each one of the Cops were veterans themselves....they appreciated when others did what they wish they could do...

Serving our fellow veterans is a sacred honor for me....it was the main reason I went Medical Corps instead of combat arms....

My grandmother sent 6 sons to war in WW2, three came home...
she sent 5 sons to fight in Korea.. all 5 came home...
Her husband, my grandfather was a WW1 vet...
Her grandfather was a Civil War vet...

I have received a lot of accomplishments and accolades in the business professional world I have been involved in within my life time.... but serving my fellow veterans and my Nation are the things I am most proud of.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I honor all of our hero-warriors, who made the Supreme Sacrifice on Memorial Day but especially my boarding-school roomie, Lcpl Cloyde F. P_____________ , USMC, who was KIA in June 1967 near An Loc, RVN.

yours, tex
USA, Retired

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Anaconda, 10Glocks, 907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, 9 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,927
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.