Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
There are groups on both the Left and the “Right” (that’s a whole other discussion) today who believe that free speech is a waste of time, that power is all that matters, and that the whole system needs to collapse in on itself before we can make “progress”. They constantly speak & act in ways designed to bring that about.

Then there is the vast majority who occupy the center. They understand that ours is the greatest nation in the history of nations, that Western Civilization has brought forth ideas and ideals of inestimable value, and that we ought to seek to preserve that edifice even if it means talking to people with whom we agree on little more than that.

JBP has his faults and he is clearly no savior. He rambles on for long periods of time and waves his hands around and even occasionally breaks down and cries. Call him what you will but he is far from any sort of extremist whacko. He occupies that center portion of people looking for a constructive way forward. Instead of just coming out and saying that Bristoe keeps reposting the same stuff about him over and over to mischaracterize and vilify him. Seems easier and more intellectually honest to just say that, but that isn’t as entertaining to Bristoe.

That’s really all there is to this.

JBP had an interesting interview with Milo recently. Good stuff.

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
In 50 years, I bet your grandkids will be wearing Jordan Peterson T-shirts....

No??

I bet Mr. Peterson would agree that Bristoe, the Muslim hordes, 20 million illegal Central Americans, and a couple million Somali warlords, should have every right to fish in Bristoe’s neighbor’s pond.There’s plenty to go around, right??

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm living a much better life than I had any right to expect.

It never occurs to me to be envious.

All of that, I respect.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by efw

Then there is the vast majority who occupy the center.

The center doesn't seem very large these days. The country is polarized.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oh man, you just blew the lid off Pandora's box.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

Turn off Fox News & CNN and go out into your community to interact with real people. You’ll have the wool removed from your eyes and have to find something different to rant about.

The media has its hooks in you.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by efw

I'm no fan of Milo,...but the last I heard of him he couldn't tolerate Jordan Peterson.

Apparently, Peterson called Milo a racist,...which is fairly hilarious since Milo is a homosexual with a black partner.

Still, I'd be interested in reading the interview.

Do you have a link to it?

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by efw
There are groups on both the Left and the “Right” (that’s a whole other discussion) today who believe that free speech is a waste of time, that power is all that matters, and that the whole system needs to collapse in on itself before we can make “progress”. They constantly speak & act in ways designed to bring that about.

Then there is the vast majority who occupy the center. They understand that ours is the greatest nation in the history of nations, that Western Civilization has brought forth ideas and ideals of inestimable value, and that we ought to seek to preserve that edifice even if it means talking to people with whom we agree on little more than that.

JBP has his faults and he is clearly no savior. He rambles on for long periods of time and waves his hands around and even occasionally breaks down and cries. Call him what you will but he is far from any sort of extremist whacko. He occupies that center portion of people looking for a constructive way forward. Instead of just coming out and saying that Bristoe keeps reposting the same stuff about him over and over to mischaracterize and vilify him. Seems easier and more intellectually honest to just say that, but that isn’t as entertaining to Bristoe.

That’s really all there is to this.

What did the “center” do during the American Revolution??—-Nothin’

What did the “center” do in Russia circa 1917??—Nothin’

Adolf circa 1933??——-Nothin’

Mao????—-Nothin’

I think a see a “trend” with this “center” you speak of....

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Turn off Fox News & CNN and go out into your community to interact with real people.

I can interact with people in my community and feel as if the whole world is conservative/nationalist.

But I know that it isn't.

As for Cable news,..I rarely watch it. Sometimes I check out Tucker Carlson, but that's about it.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

I'm no fan of Milo,...but the last I heard of him he couldn't tolerate Jordan Peterson.

Apparently, Peterson called Milo a racist,...which is fairly hilarious since Milo is a homosexual with a black partner.

Still, I'd be interested in reading the interview.

Do you have a link to it?

You’re absolutely right; Peterson apologized.

If that link doesn’t work just go to YouTube and search Jordan Peterson Milo interview it pops right up.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“Conservatism” is littered with guys saying “Hey, I’m smarter and classier than that OTHER conservative over there!! Listen to ME!!”

“Liberalism” is populated with folks who say, “See that conservative over there?? Whaddaya say, you and I get together, beat him up, and take his schidt??”

Guess who normally wins that battle??

The one with more guns.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Those guns don’t tote themselves.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Terryk

You have pride to show your envy.
You enjoy and encourage hatred focused at you.
Your arguments have no long range order, they just act as lightning rods to impose and inflict drama.
There is a reason you make threads to seek negative comments.
Your 24CF reputation is actively cultivated by you.
Threads like this, and negative comments excite you.

Actually, none of that is true.

What *is* true is that I have opinions and views that aren't popular with some people on here. It's also true that I don't necessarily value being a part of the herd.

But the biggest truth is,..this forum is largely an echo chamber. If you look around and read, you'll find that many people on the right have very different opinions than those which are frequently encountered here.

You said it better than me, congratulations.

I said something different than you.

You're emotionally invested in Jordan Peterson and think he's a savior, so you attack me because I'm not and I don't.

Actually, your post history about JP makes clear you are emotionally invested in him...in discrediting him. Pot, meet kettle.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Peterson was instrumental in getting Faith Goldy kicked out of a "free speech" event. It wasn't a popular decision with a lot of people who attended the event.

Peterson tries to explain away why he got a speaker kicked out of a free speech event. But he fails miserably,...obviously.

Censoring freedom speech of speech at a free speech event pretty much kills the purpose of it.

Rattlesnake in a tortoise shell.

Faith Goldy was a journalist for Rebel Media who gave a interview to the Daily Stormer which is an unapologetic neo Nazi white supremacist organization. This all comes back around to white nationalism for Bristoe. Anyone who gets in the way of white supremacy is an enemy to him. This is identity politics pure and simple. An individual should not be judged by their immutable qualities but by their character and actions.

Sir, you nailed it.

Tarquin
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Peterson was instrumental in getting Faith Goldy kicked out of a "free speech" event. It wasn't a popular decision with a lot of people who attended the event.

Peterson tries to explain away why he got a speaker kicked out of a free speech event. But he fails miserably,...obviously.

Censoring freedom speech of speech at a free speech event pretty much kills the purpose of it.

Rattlesnake in a tortoise shell.

Faith Goldy was a journalist for Rebel Media who gave a interview to the Daily Stormer which is an unapologetic neo Nazi white supremacist organization. This all comes back around to white nationalism for Bristoe. Anyone who gets in the way of white supremacy is an enemy to him. This is identity politics pure and simple. An individual should not be judged by their immutable qualities but by their character and actions.

Sir, you nailed it.

Nailed what?

That any journalist who interviews the "wrong" people should be censored from now on?

No wonder the country is going to schitt.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I agree with Bristoe here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
You are just too muddle headed to understand what he really said.

Peterson is a very effective critic of post-modernism, especially the transgender agenda. The fact that the Left (and the alt-right) hate him is further confirmation he's correct. Right now, I don't see a more effective defender of Western values than JP.

Unless he has changed recently he stands aloof from Christianity as his own faith, simply patronizing it condescendingly. But Western civ was Christendom at its apex.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by lazyered

I do to.
And the arguments presented against him were ad hominem lies filled with hubris.
AND
I like Faith Goldy

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't know anything about this Peterson guy, but he appears to be somewhat popular, and he sold 3 million books and mucho show tickets (google search). He does have fans and haters. He does have money. Probably a snake oil salesman, but a rich one. So i learned that in this thread.
Bristoe has mostly haters in this thread, and most threads. His farm neighbor won't let him fish in his pond. Bristoe recommends books he did not read, and has zero books sold. Bristoe reading comprehension approaches zero. Bristoe is rich with envy. Bristoe has his wife's money. So I learned that on 24CF.

This post is wrong.
Why would you post something like this? Except for the purpose of hateful libel?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by lazyered

And the arguments presented against him were ad hominem lies filled with hubris.

That's been a fairly typical feature of most threads here since day one.

You learn not to take it personal.

Most of it is generated by the same cast of characters

lol,...red pilled boomers on a boomer dominated site get a lot of it.

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 219DW, 54 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,607
Posts18,511,576
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.