Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Higbean
Needs a winch to pull deer into the bed.

Avalanche style!

Q: If you bought one of those and became a driver for Uber...

Would it be an Uber Avalanche????

I'm trying to keep up with Safariman.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
People simply won't leap into something too "weird" and unproven.

That might work really well for them, they have been pretty good at mastering everything but timeliness of delivery so far.

We are experiencing the evolution of EV, if compared to the development of Windows, I'd put us right about between Windows97 and Windows98 right now.

It's all in a stage of BETA development. Drivable, yes. As good as it's gonna get as a final product? Not even close.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Can't get on board until they hit 1000 miles on a single charge. 500 miles ain't gonna do it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
‘300,000 lbs of towing capacity’? It's not a truck, it's a friggin" locomotive!

Skeptics will have a lot to learn when it comes to the capabilities of electric motors.
Takes more than a motor to pull.

It would be swell if they gave a realistic number.

Last edited by Tyrone; 06/03/19.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
‘300,000 lbs of towing capacity’? It's not a truck, it's a friggin" locomotive!

Skeptics will have a lot to learn when it comes to the capabilities of electric motors.
Takes more than a motor to pull.

It would be swell if they gave a realistic number.

That article is in extreme error.

What is funny is the boot lickers that are here saying it's true, and are too ignorant to even calculate just how much of a load 300,000 pounds would be. whistle

So an electric pickup that isn't even introduced yet has 10 times the towing capacity of an F550?

To be precise, the max towing capacity of Ford F550 is 31,900 lbs. Max.

Too funny.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even assuming that the motor has the raw power to do that doesn't mean that it could do anywhere near that housed in a vehicle. Let's get real here. That is not going to happen.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It was clearly a typo. Geez...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now when they burst into fire they can burn down a forest not just a parking garage.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When are they gonna put the internal combustion engine ran generator in the trunk so these all electric cars can run all day?
Electric cars are like cordless drills they can serve a purpose but will never replace a plugin if much power or longevity is needed

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Those are called hybrids, 700. You may have missed it, but they've been around a while now.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
The problem with Tesla concept vehicles is that they often are too close to what ends up being the production vehicle. The Model X, with it's idiotic gull wing doors, being the prime example of this.

If this image is what the Tesla pickup looks like in production, I ain't going to even look at one. But assuming that someone hides the blunts from Musk long enough to get him to approve a more conventional looking truck, I'd definitely be interested.

I bought a Model S (P85) in 2013 when they were just starting mass production of the model and even though there were a lot of early problems with drive units that needed to be replaced (multiple times) and a bunch of other things that weren't particularly well thought out, I was very impressed with the tech and execution of the car. So much so, I upgraded to the P85D the next year and kept it until late last year. I would have bought another Model S had they done something to keep it current, but it became a dated design with less useful tech than other premium vehicles so we no longer have a Tesla.

There's a LOT to be said for Tesla vehicles. They are very strong, performance-wise, and very efficient as well. In 5 years, we never had a single problem with either of our Teslas (over 100,000 miles) and the performance was as good after 4 years as it was new.

I hate the company, though, and I hate the lunatic fanboys even more. BUT, they are great vehicles and if they can get a pickup with 500 miles of actual range, have similar capabilities for cargo and towing, and it was priced at the same level of an F150 or Silverado, I'd take the risk on buying one.

The idiot victorian police just got one and have it in the national papers skyting about how wonderful it is...I would be more impressed if they put all the crooked victorian coppers in gaol, or hang them, whatever is easier.

Not sure how many would be left though after hanging the crooked ones.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JSTUART; 06/03/19.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Rivian. The headlights are weird, but I like it much better than the Tesla.

Rivian Electric Truck

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So, what is special about a truck that tows almost a ton less than the Ford?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

T'was lost on many here... whistle

Believe any damn thing they read.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Posted on June 27, 2018
In a series of tweets on Tuesday night, Elon Musk provided a number of new details about the Tesla pickup truck. Among these is the massive electric vehicle’s insane towing capacity of up to 300,000 pounds, or 150 tons. Such a figure is pretty much unheard of among pickup trucks, especially considering that even Class 8 semitrailers, including the Tesla Semi, are limited to 80,000-pound loads.

Nevertheless, Elon Musk’s figures for the pickup truck’s maximum towing capacity are actually feasible, and this could be proven by one of Tesla’s vehicles already on sale today — the Model X.

The all-electric luxury SUV is officially rated with a 3,500-pound towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. Nevertheless, the Model X has proven that it could pull loads far beyond its rated capabilities. Earlier this year, for example, the Model X was able to pull a 95,000-pound semitrailer on an icy road. The all-electric SUV was also able to haul 250,000 pounds of dirt from a Boring Company tunnel. Lastly, the all-electric SUV was able to pull a Boeing 787-9, which coincidentally weighs around 297,000 pounds when empty.

With two electric motors and dynamic suspension, the Tesla Truck could be seen as a stronger, larger Model X with a flatbed and batter range (Musk teased a range of 400-500 miles). Considering these specs, however, what feats of strength can Tesla fans expect from the pickup truck? A lot of fun possible exhibitions, actually.

For one, SpaceX’s Falcon 9 boosters are actually incredibly light, with the most recent versions of the rocket weighing around ~70,000 pounds empty for both stages. Thus, with the Tesla Trucks’s maximum towing capacity of 300,000 pounds, the vehicle should be able to tow three or even four empty Falcon 9 rockets. Even an empty Falcon Heavy, which weighs around ~200,000 pounds with all the additional structural strengthening added, should be no problem for the Tesla Truck. The logistics of a Tesla Truck pulling an integrated Falcon Heavy rocket would be a feat in itself, however, considering the rocket’s immense size.

Apart from its crazy towing capacity, Elon Musk also stated that the Tesla pickup truck would have seating for six people. The layout of the Tesla Truck’s seats would be quite interesting, considering that the vehicle’s design is based on the Tesla Semi, which places its driver in the center. Musk also stated that the seats of the truck would be large enough to fit a person like iconic WWF (now WWE) wrestler Andre the Giant, who is 7’4″. Based on Musk’s tweets, the Tesla Truck would definitely be marketed as an all-around utility vehicle. It would have a 240-volt connection for heavy-duty tools, and even an air compressor to run other equipment. It would also have an iconic design, much like the classic Ford Bronco, which Musk says “rocks.”

Tesla is expected to start manufacturing the Tesla Truck sometime after the production rollout of the Model Y crossover SUV. With the Model Y expected to see a release either late 2018 or sometime next year, the Tesla Truck’s official unveiling would likely be scheduled for 2020 at the earliest.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
^^^^^

There ya go. Taking things out of context. That car no way no how has a "95k pound towing capacity". No way.

It may move it. For a short distance. But it doesn't mean it's anything more than a publicity stunt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Posted on June 27, 2018
In a series of tweets on Tuesday night, Elon Musk provided a number of new details about the Tesla pickup truck. Among these is the massive electric vehicle’s insane towing capacity of up to 300,000 pounds, or 150 tons. Such a figure is pretty much unheard of among pickup trucks, especially considering that even Class 8 semitrailers, including the Tesla Semi, are limited to 80,000-pound loads.

Bwahahahaha!

I have some ocean front property to sell in Arizona too.

Interested? grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Higbean
Needs a winch to pull deer into the bed.

Avalanche style!

They put an Avalanche and Subaru Brat into a shaker, and this is what came out. sick

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
What something can pull and towing capacity are two different things. I had a boss put a 14 by 70 mobile home on the ball of his 1973 Chevy half ton pickup and move it. Why that pickup survived that I’ll never know. I believe that was beyond it’s rated carrying capacity. Lol. He also pulled a 4 bottom plow with the same pickup in the field. Ed k

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.