-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll have to try everything listed above--I Like LOVE food, and breakfast is the best!!! My favorite has always been:
Thick sliced hickory smoked bacon the more the better cooked first, set most of the grease aside. Then fry up some hashbrowns(if you got some handy add a few onions and or peppers, put a little of the grease back then fry a couple of brook trout no bigger than your skillet,peel the bones out, lay the fillets on the hashbrowns put the bacon along side the fish, then fix two or three over easy eggs and cover the whole pile. Put a little maple syrup on that. MMMMM. drink the left over grease then grab your rifle and head into the hills to hike it all off. Cholesteral(sp) is good stuff just use it up--get out of your computer chair and go. :P

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like a couple of slices of tomato with salt and pepper with a big sit down breakfast...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by horse1
If you boil or bake the potatoes the night before they are just the right "dryness" to just grate and fry. That may be the trick your mentor left out.

No, he always required fresh potatoes - I know because he made me do all the prep work - he just cooked 'em.

I have tried using precooked as you suggested - didn't care for the resulting texture. If that's the way you make them, tho' - and you like 'em that way, right on!

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of the above sounds fine but for me the best breakfasts are always found in Mexico. Served in an open air market or a sunny courtyard....oh baby!

Bolillos
handmade fresh corn tortillas (until you've had these you haven't had a tortilla)
huevos - too many styles to list
Chilaquiles
Some meat and chile stew to spoon over the eggs (very popular)
frijoles
strong & fresh coffee (everything is fresh down there)
juice squeezed when you ordered it.
a BIG assortment of salsas to try

FRESH pineapple & mango slices

+ Ice Cold Beer & Pozole if fighting the hangover from the night before.

Ah...I need to go back!

The Bill of Rights is just that. It is not the Bill of Needs as determined by some liberal know it all.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often for precisely the same reason.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was reminded of Homer Simpson when I read this string. I kept saying to myself: MMM sausage, MMMM pancakes, MMMMM eggs, MMMM bacon, MMMM hashbrowns, MMMMM Biscuts and gravy, MMMMM tomatoes with salt and pepper. my eyes glazed over too. Sorry gotta go eat now. Bye.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
3 egg omlette with shrimp and or crab, avocado, a bit of cream cheese, green onion, and cheddar inside and on top. Serve with a a good salsa.

Sourdough toast with real butter and black cherry preserves unless we have some huckleberry jam around.

Fresh strawberries, blueberries, and orange wedges with the skin cut off. Drizzle with orange juice mixed with a little real maple syrup.

Coffee with either a bit of sugar and a dash of rum or a touch of Irish cream in it.

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Growing up in the coal mining part of north central Pa. we ate a lot of foot and fin fare. My favorite breakfast was:
Venison steak
a couple of 4"-5", Oops, I mean 6" fried brook trout.
3 eggs fried in the same grease as the steaks and brookies
Fried potatoes with brown flower gravy
biscuits with the margarine with the red die pouch.
Karo syrup

Then mom would ask if we had room for breakfast. LOL

Jim Berry

Your right to live in a free society should be based solely on your willingness to defend it! Retired Military Vietnam Vet.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Leadslinger
Chilaquiles & Pozole

My Mexican MIL makes a MEAN plate of Chilaquiles. Pozole & menudo as well - all from scratch. Good stuff!

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
One of my dad's favorite breakfast items was "bacon toast", bread fried in bacon fat. He lived to be 98. Didn't smoke or have other bad habits, though.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couple sausage pattys made from venison or elk with pork fat, hasbrowns, scrambled eggs (the fresher the better) and sourdough toast makes a perfect breakfast. It drives my wife nuts but this is the only breakfast I cook and I always order the closest thing to this when eating out. Why change what I like?

IC B3

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JaquesLaRami
I was reminded of Homer Simpson when I read this string. I kept saying to myself: MMM sausage, MMMM pancakes, MMMMM eggs, MMMM bacon, MMMM hashbrowns, MMMMM Biscuts and gravy, MMMMM tomatoes with salt and pepper. my eyes glazed over too. Sorry gotta go eat now. Bye.

You forgot MMMMMM Doughnuts grin woohoo

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm..Beer grin Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite Homer Simpson quote is...
"I like my beer cold,my TV loud,and my homosexuals,FLAAAAMING!!!"

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
yes, I am in agreement with all the breakfast choices.. Elf, I can always cook you up a batch of pancakes LOL
Now I know that there is a special thread for recipes but just between you and I fellars I never get that deep into this site cause the campfire is pretty much it for me... so
"cat head biscuits" the recipe please
and for those of us that must now be careful with the food products we eat egg beaters do make a passable omelet since the egg really just holds all the good stuff together
also oven bacon what a dream way to to bacon for a crowd jelly roll pan and some parchment single layer into the oven at 350 Its is especially good when cooking slab bacon - crispy
I posted this early cause Sunday mornings are a great time for a real honest to God breakfast rather than the daily grab it and go.
Thanks for the taste of your mornings
ADK

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pixarezzo
Originally Posted by horse1
If you boil or bake the potatoes the night before they are just the right "dryness" to just grate and fry. That may be the trick your mentor left out.

No, he always required fresh potatoes - I know because he made me do all the prep work - he just cooked 'em.

I have tried using precooked as you suggested - didn't care for the resulting texture. If that's the way you make them, tho' - and you like 'em that way, right on!

Baked RED potatoes grated the next AM, forgot to mention the red potatoe part last time.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
all breakfast ideas are perfect, +1 on the Rancheros and Chilaquiles but missing the perfect winter partner Jack Daniel's/Coffee

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. (Orwell)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chilaquiles

16 oz salsa, medium
8 oz sour cream
8 oz shredded mild cheddar
1 bag tortilla chips (or 16�20 tortillas, quartered)

Preheat the oven to 350� F.

Spread the tortilla chips on a glass or oven-proof baking dish or sheet.

Spread the salsa evenly over the chips.

Spread the sour cream evenly over the chips.

Spread the cheese evenly over the chips.

Place the baking dish or sheet in the oven.

Bake for 25 minutes.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you have to cook a lot of bacon here is an easy way.

Get a dutch oven and put about 2 inches of cooking oil in it. You can put 4 pounds of bacon in if the dutch oven is medium sized. All you do is deep fry it. Be sure to separate the slices and each one will cook to perfection if you stir it once in awhile. None are over cooked and there are no raw spots. If you like it crispy simply fry it a little longer. Be careful because it will be cooked more than it appears when you take it out of the grease.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Probably hot enough that it goes on cooking for a little bit even out of the pan...

Man, I do LOVE bacon!!!! grin

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 versions come to mind. My favorite is any little small town, private restaurant-not the chain outfits. A table full of locals, a friendly waitress who give the banter as good as she gets it, and anything off the menu that resembles an egg, meat, potatoe breakfast. Good food, good friends, and good company-who could ask for more?
The second version is a good skillet scramble-eggs, taters, peppers and onions cooked up together with a good batch of bacon-you just can't beat it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 300_savage, 264mag, 204guy, 24 invisible), 14,575 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,957
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.