Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I dont live in Oregon but some of my family members do, along with many, many friends, so I have an interest in this:

The Oregon state Senate closed Saturday after a “possible militia threat” from a right-wing group -- amid a broader drama over a walkout by Republican lawmakers over looming climate change legislation.

RIght-wing groups posted their support for the 12 rebel Republicans on Friday, including one group -- the Oregon Three Percenters -- who joined in an armed takeover of a wildlife refuge in 2016.

On Friday, a spokeswoman for Senate President Peter Courtney told The Associated Press that the Oregon state police “recommended that the Capitol be closed tomorrow due to a possible militia threat.”

Oregon State Police, in a statement, said it has been "monitoring information throughout the day that indicates the safety of legislators, staff and citizen visitors could be compromised if certain threatened behaviors were realized."

The dramatic scenes came after the Republicans had not only skipped the legislature, but some had even left the state as part of an effort to deny Democrats the votes to take up the bill to reduce fossil fuel emissions by 2050. Democrats hold a 18-12 majority, but they need 20 present for a quorum.

Republicans and anti-government groups were planning on protesting on Saturday before the closing of the Senate was announced. The Democrats had upped the ante this week when Gov. Kate Brown authorized the Oregon State Police to track down the rogue members and bring them back to the chamber.

“It is absolutely unacceptable that the Senate Republicans would turn their back on their constituents who they are honor-bound to represent here in this building,” she said in a statement, according to KOIN 6. “They need to return and do the jobs they were elected to do.”

Republicans soon fired back.

“Protesting cap-and-trade by walking out today represents our constituency and exactly how we should be doing our job,” Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr., of Grants Pass, said in a statement Thursday. “We have endured threats of arrest, fines and pulling community project funds from the governor, Senate president and majority leader. We will not stand by and be bullied by the majority party any longer."

Republican Sen. Brian Boquist responded by telling state police to “send bachelors and come heavily armed” if they come and get him.

The bill would limit greenhouse gas emissions and auction pollution allowances for carbon that businesses want to emit, with a lowering cap. The bill would reduce emissions to 45 percent below 1990 levels by 2035 and 80 percent by 2050.

Opponents say it would hurt businesses and exacerbate a divide between the liberal, urban areas and rural parts of the state. Oregon would be the second state after California to adopt such a policy, while nine northeastern states have limited versions of so-called cap-and-trade programs.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oregon's version of a Gulf of Tonkin , or Riechstag burning?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Awww you boys are making much adieu about nothing....

Queen Kate is grandstanding and having a melt down like a spoiled two year old for not getting her way with this...
she doesn't want it to be put on the ballot because she knows the citizens will tell her to Get F....ked..

The State Police are 'coming up' with this big threat to the Legislature, because they really don't feel like dealing with the protests
and all the problems that involves....

its the bicycle riders, the public transient riders and the Electric Car owners supporting this bill, vs everyone else who doesn't like the idea of adding $2 to $2.50 per gallon in taxes on fuels, home heating etc.

The democRATS/communist are having a field day with AOC type legislation,... passing everything under an Emergency powers action, which denies it being put to the public for a vote.... because they know it will all be voted against by the public...

their only real supporters are the Antifa type crowd, who these laws and bills won't effect, because most of them live on public assistance anyway, and think Bernie Sanders is the second coming of Jesus...and AOC is the virgin Mary..

State Government here right now is like the scene in "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" where the patients stole Nurse Ratchetts keys to the med room.... the Mental Ward is trying to run the entire Hospital...

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest was written about a Nut House in Oregon and filmed in Oregon....

I think that is where our DemocRATcommies got their inspiration from....

There is Potlandia, and then the rest of us...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Emergency action to stop global warming. Like anything Oregon does is going make any damned difference anyhow. Pathetic.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From what I read the OSP don't have any real threat they just think some kind of threat may come to pass. typical Liberal Drama, if the drama doesn't exsist when you need it just make it up.........

I'd say the OSP are the Governors gestapo.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“Protesting cap-and-trade by walking out today represents our constituency and exactly how we should be doing our job,” Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr., of Grants Pass, said in a statement Thursday. “We have endured threats of arrest, fines and pulling community project funds from the governor, Senate president and majority leader. We will not stand by and be bullied by the majority party any longer."

Republican Sen. Brian Boquist responded by telling state police to “send bachelors and come heavily armed” if they come and get him.

Sounds like you need more of these type guys! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Awww you boys are making much adieu about nothing....

Queen Kate is grandstanding and having a melt down like a spoiled two year old for not getting her way with this...
she doesn't want it to be put on the ballot because she knows the citizens will tell her to Get F....ked..

The State Police are 'coming up' with this big threat to the Legislature, because they really don't feel like dealing with the protests
and all the problems that involves....

its the bicycle riders, the public transient riders and the Electric Car owners supporting this bill, vs everyone else who doesn't like the idea of adding $2 to $2.50 per gallon in taxes on fuels, home heating etc.

The democRATS/communist are having a field day with AOC type legislation,... passing everything under an Emergency powers action, which denies it being put to the public for a vote.... because they know it will all be voted against by the public...

their only real supporters are the Antifa type crowd, who these laws and bills won't effect, because most of them live on public assistance anyway, and think Bernie Sanders is the second coming of Jesus...and AOC is the virgin Mary..

State Government here right now is like the scene in "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" where the patients stole Nurse Ratchetts keys to the med room.... the Mental Ward is trying to run the entire Hospital...

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest was written about a Nut House in Oregon and filmed in Oregon....

I think that is where our DemocRATcommies got their inspiration from....

There is Potlandia, and then the rest of us...

I remember when ol crazy kitzhaber (sp) proposed Implenting a tax on how many miles you drove. Then he left office then when won the governorship again several yrs later he brought it up again. Really make you realize how out of touch they are with eastern Oregon. All them ph uckers in Portland think everything is a bicycle ride away.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Oregon state Senate closed Saturday after a “possible militia threat”

I love the sound of that! It should become a common part of the news reporting lexicon.

Oh, look! The patriots are blooming!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Didn't the Dumbocrats pull the walk out crap during Bush Jr's administration.
turn around is a Biotch some times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The volcano in Mexico just spewed out more gas than Oregon can eliminate in a 1000 years.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Emergency action to stop global warming. Like anything Oregon does is going make any damned difference anyhow. Pathetic.

You got that right.

Tarquin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
At least Republicans here have the spine to stand up. We need them nationwide!

LOL
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Our governor is a cu n t bumping POS!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They have the spirit of old time Oregonians. The kind I grew up with.

LOL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's no damned way anyone would head out on the 'Trail nowadays! What a damned disgrace.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tarquin

You got that right.

It’s impossible to make a difference or change something that doesn’t exist.

None of the Global Warming solutions are solutions, they are extortion and scare tactics used by the left to flees Americans and the world out of money.
Notice every “solution” begins and ends with a Tax.

Last edited by steve4102; 06/23/19.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

You got that right.

F u c k off!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by steve4102

You got that right.

It’s impossible to make a difference or change something that doesn’t exist.

None of the Global Warming solutions are solutions, they are extortion and scare tactics used by the left to flees Americans and the world out of money.
Notice every “solution” begins and ends with a Tax.

Exactly,. A money grab plain and simple. And totally irrelevant to anything on a Global scale regardless.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oregon is controlled by 6-7 Communist counties. In the last election, Communist Governor Brown got 50.1% of all votes. The problem, There are only about 40% of Oregon voters who are sane. 50% are Government Union employees or their beneficiaries (Communists) 10% are Pot growers on Mushrooms.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.