Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Waders
Other circumstances from the shooting will establish your guilt or innocence long before anybody brings up the issue of handloads.

The single most important & pertinent comment in this entire thread.................................

MM

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve spent around 24 hours under oath answering questions in federal court about my use of force (that lasted around three minutes) against a man that spent around $400,000 suing me.

So I have a little experience dealing with the kind of things that come up in a trial of this sort. Things you should know...

1-The other side will bring up all sorts of nonsense to smear your character and much more of it will be admissible than you’d like, even though it’s not true.

2-The other side bringing up an issue isn’t the problem. The jury believing their nonsense is what you have to worry about.

3-#2 is why you need a good lawyer.

4-Hiring a good lawyer and the expert witnesses you’ll need will financially ruin you. The end. There’s no avoiding that. So don’t shoot people.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Other circumstances from the shooting will establish your guilt or innocence long before anybody brings up the issue of handloads.

The single most important & pertinent comment in this entire thread.................................

MM

I would expect nothing less of a good, decent and reasonable man and superior court judge.

Wade is a solid dude for sure

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Article indicates no ACTUAL perp "attack". Circumstances and any witnesses of the shooting incident are the primary issue. Not a good idea to utilize a firearm.......yet.

You are not arrested and charged with "homicide"........yet.

Article does not indicate the preliminary investigation, involvement of an attorney prior to arraignment, DA's evidence, let alone "jury" trial.

While carry loads are the only rounds I don't handload...if I did, would most likely use the same projectiles as law enforcement commonly use. The defense attorney would declare that the bullets used were EXACTLY the same as law enforcement used and EXACTLY the same as those used by public offerings labeled "self defense" ammo.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I’ve spent around 24 hours under oath answering questions in federal court about my use of force (that lasted around three minutes) against a man that spent around $400,000 suing me.

So I have a little experience dealing with the kind of things that come up in a trial of this sort. Things you should know...

1-The other side will bring up all sorts of nonsense to smear your character and much more of it will be admissible than you’d like, even though it’s not true.

2-The other side bringing up an issue isn’t the problem. The jury believing their nonsense is what you have to worry about.

4-Hiring a good lawyer and the expert witnesses you’ll need will financially ruin you. The end. There’s no avoiding that. So don’t shoot people.

Great advice. If the criminal charges don’t get you, the civil charges will bankrupt you for sure.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

MM

I would expect nothing less of a good, decent and reasonable man and superior court judge.

Well, thanks! But...just to be accurate: I am a lowly District Court Judge, not a Superior Court Judge! smile

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

MM

Well, thanks! But...just to be accurate: I am a lowly District Court Judge, not a Superior Court Judge! smile

Well then you should be !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

i remember first hearing this in the early 1990's.

at that time, my first impression was that it was pure bunk, and the more i heard about it, the more i concluded it was pure BS.

at that time, the types of premium ammo offerings of today were not manufactured--subsequently, many rolled their own.

if you think about this nonsense for even a second, a person would instantly realize that if it had been true, companies loading hot ammo--such as Underwood and Double Tap--would have run into hard times, and dark waters--right out of the gate....

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Just carry what the local cops carry--

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Just carry what the local cops carry--

You mean killer bullets??

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I always find the episode in The Sopranos humorous where Tony is arrested for having hollow point bullets in his Beretta 92. Believe it or not, those are actually illegal in New Jersey. Not sure if that means cops there all carry FMJ, but I would assume that was the case.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think HP's are illegal to possess in Joysee.

But, having them in your gun, in the commission of a crime, is a crime.
At least that's how a Jersey gun dealer explained it to me.
His quote, "You're from Pa., you can't carry a handgun here, if you get caught
with one, and it's loaded with hollow points, that's a crime that adds time.
I can have a handgun, so, it's not illegal to have hollow points in it".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Hollow points are indeed illegal in New Jersey

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

simple suggestion,
make that first shot to center mass count!
use something that smacks the target with noticeable thump,

http://www.doubletapammo.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=125_204&product_id=169

and be selective in where you shoot violent aggressive morons,

so theres never anything substantial behind them, .. no bullet.... no proof its not factory ammo

[Linked Image]

yes its humor

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hollow points are totally legal in NJ. The caveat is you can only possess them in your home and on your way to/from the range to shoot.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
to call massive adoobie an idiot is an insult to idiots

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 to Bluedreaux.

I was involved in a civil matter years ago in which an expert witness was brought in to impune my testimony and my general character. This was not a firearm-related matter, but my ownership of firearms did play into it in a tangential way.

Look, I'm certainly not a saint, but I have to say that I was impressed at the opposition's willingness to make stuff up out of whole cloth. Luckily, I was represented by a fellow who had the legal chops to get most of it quashed and to get the expert witness tossed out. The fact that the opposition chose such a professional slut reflected very badly on them. I did eventually win out, but it cost a fortune.

My only comment on Bluedreaux's post is that if it comes down to it, the willingness of the opposition to manufacture bald-faced lies really negates any rational preparation you can make beforehand. You may be an upstanding member of the community, a reasonable chap leading a well-regulated life, but there is really no telling what kind of mud is going to be thrown at you. The lies will be crafted in an attempt to latch onto reality by any means necessary to give them credence. If you don't handload, then they'll pick something else-- your membership at a range, your competition record-- whatever. The whole point is to cast you as a homicidal dastard, a mental incompetent, or a moral degenerate.

My advice, therefore, is to go do as y'all see fit.

My only perception of fault in Bluedreaux, is he had the bad luck to shoot someone with rich relatives.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Sorry to here that.
Did FOP, or some other organization help defend you?
Nobody wants to hear the words “All Rise”. (That’s what I say these days).

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you shoot someone there better be more than a glint of light in their hand

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn’t even shoot them, just hurt him real bad.

Everything was righteous so the city was tied to me and hired a good outside firm to handle it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,291
Posts18,486,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.