Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Might as well just sticky this post from the start.

A recent post about "bar soap" unintentionally exposed a collection of brilliant minds that exist among the masses of jackals and sheep that bump about the campfire regurgitating buzzwords and nonsense with relentless vigor.

The bar soap thread exposed the secret collection of wise men and women that could very easily write instructions for fruitful, meaningful existence on this planet.

In a sea of idiots that apparently pour liquefied soap onto their bodies from plastic squeeze bottles in the shower, there surfaced a select, chosen few that still used bars of soap. Not only did some use bar soap, but they were veteran welders of bar soap. The ability to fuse a baby soap bar to a new full sized soap bar.... It inspired me, it gave me hope for society.

Join me, fellow soap welders. Spill your knowledge into this thread so that others may learn. Let us save the world.

Lesson 1

Outdoor cooking should be done with charcoal or wood fire. Acceptable fuels are wood, lump charcoal and briquettes. Do Not use liquid fuels to light any of these, also do not buy any "match light" garbage briquettes.

Buy or make a steel charcoal chimney lighter. Get a bag of charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal. (here's a bonus tip) Briquettes, most grocery store "house brands" such as "flavorite" or "family value" are made and bagged by royal oak, don't spend that extra dollar on royal oak, the same stuff is inside that house brand value bag.

Pour the briquettes into the chimney starter, now tear the top 4 inches off the bag. The bag is 3 ply paper, separate the plys, wad them up, stick them in the bottom of the chimney lighter and light the paper with a wooden match.

This method utilizes the bag paper as starter fuel, eliminates a trip to the garbage can when the charcoal is all used up because the paper should be re torn and utilized as you make your way to the bottom of the bag.

The wooden match connects you to your forefathers. There is a tiny spark of fulfillment that comes with striking a wooden match, it's important.

Soap welders, please fill this bank of knowledge.

Something clever here.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Preach it, Brother Dave, preach it!

Maybe it's my imagination, but food cooked over charcoal or real wood that has not been started with some petroleum product, just old fashioned paper, tastes a whole lot better than the rest!

Ed

P.S. Life long member of Soap Welders!

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 06/26/19. Reason: added text

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn straight!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife won't use my bar of soap for some reason....

[Linked Image]

She demands her own!

Women! whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

[Linked Image]

:

...got dam....have that DNA evaluated...Bigfoot dropped his soap on the trail!

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You want to kill the broad leaf weeds in your lawn, you have time right now which is rare, but it's too windy to spray, you'd end up with spray drifting onto flower beds and garden plants.

Soak a piece of old carpet with your herbicide mix and drag it on a rope behind your lawn tractor, atv, golf cart, what ever. Stop occasionally to pour some more mix on the carpet. You can throw an old tire or 3 dead cats on top of the carpet to weigh it down a bit if you like. It's a wipe on method of application, wind be damned we are winning.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Weld or wield?

The Old Spice liquid soap is awesome, and has cool commercials.

MAGA
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
My wife won't use my bar of soap for some reason....

[Linked Image]

She demands her own!

Women! whistle

See a doctor!

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Weld or wield?

The Old Spice liquid soap is awesome, and has cool commercials.

The subject is not open for debate. It's like showing up in 1777 and saying "I dunno guys, maybe this united states of America idea isn't good?"

No, over ruled. (shakes head) inconceivable.

Something clever here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m a bar soap guy until the day I die. I’ve often thought about making a press that could weld/press small baby bars into a regular size bar. I can’t stand the small bars that become worthless and keep stacking the baby bars while occasionally wetting them and molding them into some semblance of a real bar, a regular sized bar of soap. If they’re different kinds then they become sort of like a Gobstopper and you get different smells and colors from the conglomeration of multiple useless baby bars.

I’ll never use squeeze bottles of soap, that’s for people without the dexterity to use bar soap and a washcloth.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Your capitalization is as bad as your spelling.

MAGA
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Soap welding. Hmmmm. So that’s what it is called. I thought I was the only tightwad that did such things. I am really good at it.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Your capitalization is as bad as your spelling.

This is a republik.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sheeeiittt! A manly man uses a propane torch to light the BGE. Don't need no stinkin' matches.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Households have plungers.

Men own schitter snakes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trash.....

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by badger
Sheeeiittt! A manly man uses a propane torch to light the BGE. Don't need no stinkin' matches.

Not that I haven't, but you'd rather stand there in the smoke, holding that torch, trying to hot spot enough coals so it will take off? With time you could be using to prep the meat and sip a beer?

Rip the paper, light the match, walk away. It's ready when you come back from seasoning your steaks, drank a beer, threw the ball for the dog, checked the classifieds for firearms.... So many things you can do with that time while that charcoal is lighting itself and your propane is there when you need it to fix the pluming unexpectedly.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I see the beginning of a book, Northern Dave's 24 Hour Campfire Guide to a Manly Life.
Sign me up for a copy.

Soap Welders won't sell as many copies.

Last edited by NVhntr; 06/26/19.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The four devices on the floorboard of the driver's location are from left to right:

Hi/Low Beam
Clutch
Brake
Gas

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Dess
The four devices on the floorboard of the driver's location are from left to right:

Hi/Low Beam
Clutch
Brake
Gas

YES!

Sometimes even a starter button near the gas and a windshield squirter pedal above high beam/low beam.

Something clever here.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (79S, 673, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 18 invisible), 2,168 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,323
Posts18,526,434
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.