Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13932001 06/27/19
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
timing is everything they say, and given the stuff in the press and here on the NRA, a couple of recent solicitation i got take the cake.
the first one came in an envelope with big letters on the envelope my membership is expiring in august. What? I am a life member.
Open it up, and what they are really wanting is for me to upgrade to an endowment member and give them more money.
Misleading, and ahhhh, no.
Second one was asking about my will, and wanting to be named as a beneficiary or to set u p a charitable beneficiary trust.
Ahhhhh, no.

They are in trouble all right.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whatever discord there is in the leadership, they are our best port in a storm and it takes money (big money) to do what they do.

I want to see some positive solution to the discord, but I am not going to pull my support in the meantime. I think that amounts to cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Last edited by GunReader; 06/27/19.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Finally the voice of reason by GunReader. I am getting tired of the wolf pack mentality in the hunting community.
If not for the NRA, then who? Bernie? Hillary? The NRA is not perfect and they obviously have their share of imperfect individuals, but I am not ready to drop from the rolls just to kiss my heritage and way of life goodbye.
I guarantee politicians watch the NRA membership numbers like we do the Wyoming draw. I also can imagine the liberals are giddy with anticipation at the hunting community standing alone without the knowledge and political clout of the NRA.

Last edited by 280Rem1; 06/27/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I agree that they are the biggest dog on the block. If ole Wayne really believed in what they stood for ,he would man up and step down,so the NRA could get back to doing what all of us members expect them to do

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Agree with you 280Rem1, I’m a patron member. I give some beyond that. They are the best we have, at this time and as far as I can see, for the foreseeable future. The other gun rights orgs are minuscule in comparison.
Having said that, I’m holding up on donations until the ship gets righted.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They need to get their chit straight.

There's a battle comin' and we need all hands on deck.

They need to figure out if they are in the fight or out. Pick one, so we can support whoever picks up the dropped ball.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I have been a member of the NRA for a lot of years, neal knox was a long time personal friend of mind back when he was trying to change things.
that expiration thing, i can upgrade to a patriot level, normal 1000 dollars, marked down to 300 dollars, or 25bucks a month to the 300 level and i get a duffel bag.
Ole wayne must need some more money for trips to europe, clothing, and paying his wife's company.
I believe in the NRA but somebody needs control of the purse strings other than him.
I really dislike the organization being a personal funding kitty for his lifestyle.

if they do manage to get rid of him, don't shed many tears. He's got a pretty good retirement plan in place.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/27/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I support the NRA. But I want my money to go for fighting for the Second Amendment, not for LaPierre having a lavish lifestyle.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GunReader
Whatever discord there is in the leadership, they are our best port in a storm and it takes money (big money) to do what they do.

I want to see some positive solution to the discord, but I am not going to pull my support in the meantime. I think that amounts to cutting off my nose to spite my face.

The NRA leadership has stolen everything you've given them and spent it on themselves.

They're trying to steal some more.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Gun Owners Of America are doing a very good job.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I have been a member of the NRA for a lot of years, neal knox was a long time personal friend of mind back when he was trying to change things.
that expiration thing, i can upgrade to a patriot level, normal 1000 dollars, marked down to 300 dollars, or 25bucks a month to the 300 level and i get a duffel bag.
Ole wayne must need some more money for trips to europe, clothing, and paying his wife's company.
I believe in the NRA but somebody needs control of the purse strings other than him.
I really dislike the organization being a personal funding kitty for his lifestyle.

if they do manage to get rid of him, don't shed many tears. He's got a pretty good retirement plan in place.

They can keep their damned Chinese pocket knives and duffel bags.

I want someone to fight the fight.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Left wing commies salivate at the thought of the NRA going down the drain. The NRA does have problems but I still believe they can clean house and get back to business. Sure beats the alternative. Don't care if they survive or not ? You could always volunteer for Crazy Bernie, or Mayor Pete, or any of the other democrat candidates. I'm sure they'd love to have you.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I hate to have to withhold money from the NRA, but I’m not going to see my money squandered, and, more importantly, I see no other way to get the message through that WLP (and others) need to GO. I don’t get to vote yea/nay for him, so I have to “vote” with my contributions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spending $39k on suits lost my support.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The NRA leadership has stolen everything you've given them and spent it on themselves.

That is an exaggeration at the quantum level.

Obviously there are problems at the top. They spend hundreds of millions on lobbying and political advocacy. Whatever amount Wayne LaPierre is overcompensated is a drop in the bucket. (Alright, a couple of drops.)

~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Obviously there are problems at the top. They spend hundreds of millions on lobbying and political advocacy. Whatever amount Wayne LaPierre is overcompensated is a drop in the bucket. (Alright, a couple of drops.)

So send them your first born child.

,...ain't nuthin' to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jwp475

Gun Owners Of America are doing a very good job.

Sure, for what they are. Even if they were to replace NRA it would take years for them to ramp up to the size and level of activity of NRA.

Their best role (and I think they and the NRA may recognize it) is to play the hard dog to make NRA's advocacy look more amenable. A classic good cop/bad cop routine.

~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is a HUGE part of the problem, only the NRA knows where the money goes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH

This is a HUGE part of the problem, only the NRA knows where the money goes.

I'm a life member, but the NRA is a poor return on investment. They do very little for the amount of skin they get. I see them as a bunch of lawyers just milking the cow.
They should fold and give their assets to another group that supports rights and encourages shooting sports and safety. Transparency is the only way to get there.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
timing is everything they say, and given the stuff in the press and here on the NRA, a couple of recent solicitation i got take the cake.
the first one came in an envelope with big letters on the envelope my membership is expiring in august. What? I am a life member.
Open it up, and what they are really wanting is for me to upgrade to an endowment member and give them more money.
Misleading, and ahhhh, no.
Second one was asking about my will, and wanting to be named as a beneficiary or to set u p a charitable beneficiary trust.
Ahhhhh, no.

They are in trouble all right.

They actually are sending mail asking about being named in peoples wills or setting up a trust for em ???

Wtf.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.