-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My better 1/2 is worried someone will steal her baby, a '52 Silver Streak we restored. Anybody use the bumper-pull lock systems?

Thanks in advance!

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If ya park it in the same place every time, a 5 or 6ft mobile home tie down with good chain around the axel or through the rim will work good. And 5 min with a socket and take the bolt off from under the latch, no latch and chained to the tie down,it wont go no where.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been looking at them lately too. This one seems to be in the running for top spot:

https://productadvisor.com/best-trailer-lock/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would have guessed... Alfred!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, aalf, I ordered your recommendation. Convincing video!

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is what I've been using for about 30 years. It's been messed with a few times, but never yet failed.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13942656#Post13942656

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kellory
This is what I've been using for about 30 years. It's been messed with a few times, but never yet failed.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13942656#Post13942656

The way that shank on the lock is exposed it shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to beat that.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by kellory

The way that shank on the lock is exposed it shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to beat that.

That particular padlock is new. I changed over all my exterior padlocks to Keyed alike locks, and good luck with that, as that attack has not worked yet. It would be much simpler, to simply cut it off, using a battery powered grinder. (Available anywhere)

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canned air, hammer.

The thing is, everything that can be built, can be broken.
It's about time and attention.

A few minutes with a dolly and winch, and any trailer can be pulled on a trailer
or rollback. Even if the wheels don't turn.

Just like gunsafes. Guys get their nuts up and think THEIR safe is impenetrable.
Wrong! Time, knowledge, and tools can steal darn near anything.

And time is the big thing security devices deny thieves.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Canned air, hammer.

The thing is, everything that can be built, can be broken.
It's about time and attention.

A few minutes with a dolly and winch, and any trailer can be pulled on a trailer
or rollback. Even if the wheels don't turn.

Just like gunsafes. Guys get their nuts up and think THEIR safe is impenetrable.
Wrong! Time, knowledge, and tools can steal darn near anything.

And time is the big thing security devices deny thieves.

Agreed. What does not show in the pics. Is the heavy cable that is attached to the frame and the concrete foundation of the fence.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Where all do you guys live that it takes anchoring your trailer to the ground and hitch locks. The only thing I ever had stolen trailer related was a sway controller. I've had trailers since 1992.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where all do you guys live that it takes anchoring your trailer to the ground and hitch locks. The only thing I ever had stolen trailer related was a sway controller. I've had trailers since 1992.

Just last weekend at the boat launch near me someone decided it would be funny to un hook peoples trailers from their truck and steal the receiver hitches from the trucks.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guy up the road about five miles, found his boat on the ground, and his trailer gone. It was behind his house and his garage. (Out of sight from the house).

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Just last weekend at the boat launch near me someone decided it would be funny to un hook peoples trailers from their truck and steal the receiver hitches from the trucks.

That would be why I have three locking hitch pins. One for each vehicle, and one for the mobility scooter carrier.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.