Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They are a great team, one of the best Womans International teams ever. However the world is catching up, US put money into Womans Soccer first, now the world is catching up. but... Our USWNT is the best, they've proven it over and over.

do they deserve equal pay? Not sure, but they do deserve more from US Soccer than they get, they are at about 15% of the mens team, that goes to pay, training, etc. they draw more than the mens team, bigger TV, more success etc.

Are they better? No. they routinely train with the U17 boys team and get beat, can't match the speed. However if you put them skills wise, they are as good.

Money from US Soccer should be raised, internationally from FIFA, no.

I've been on the field with many of them, as a referee. Worked a game or 2 at the pro level, they are fast, much faster than you think, they have incredible skill and passion for the game. they are NOT as fast a elite level U17-19 boys game. Skill and strategy wise, yes, pure speed and strength, no. Respectively they are more successful than our pathetic mens team.

Last edited by Bob_H_in_NH; 07/08/19.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Someone who is average or mediocre, in the women’s case, should not be paid as well as someone who is better at a task because they have a vaj

An average jr high boys team can beat them and they deserve more money? Based on that analogy a jr high boys team should self identify as average lesbian athletes and play in a women’s international soccer league and demand more money.

The pathetic US men’s team too should self identify as women and would be world champs without trying or even practicing

A “pathetic “ men’s team is 100 times better that a world champion women’s team who demands more money. Let that sink in

Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
They are a great team, one of the best Womans International teams ever. However the world is catching up, US put money into Womans Soccer first, now the world is catching up. but... Our USWNT is the best, they've proven it over and over.

do they deserve equal pay? Not sure, but they do deserve more from US Soccer than they get, they are at about 15% of the mens team, that goes to pay, training, etc. they draw the more than the mens team, bigger TV, more success etc.

Are they better? No. they routinely train with the U17 boys team and get beat, can't match the speed. However if you put them skills wise, they are as good.

I've been on the field with many of them, as a referee. Worked a game or 2 at the pro level, they are fast, much faster than you think, they have incredible skill and passion for the game. they are NOT as fast a elite level U17-19 boys game. Skill and strategy wise, yes, pure speed and strength, no. Respectively they are more successful than our pathetic mens team.

Last edited by ribka; 07/08/19.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You guys that claim to watch soccer, you're just kidding right?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

do they deserve equal pay? Not sure, but they do deserve more from US Soccer than they get, they are at about 15% of the mens team, that goes to pay, training, etc. they draw more than the mens team, bigger TV, more success etc.

Major sports have player unions that negotiate fair rates for players.

If soccer is worth a fugk there will be enough revenue for them to do same.

If not, they won't.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
They are maybe the biggest bunch of heels that I have ever seen in sports. If they were men, and they did any of the schit they do in any other sport, with the possible exception of the NFL where antics have become part of the game, they would absolutely get hurt.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Take those players knock some teeth out, strap on some skates, give them a puck and sticks and we now have a game<grin>

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

EXACTLY, probably go in the woods in a Volvo Crossover

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Miatas and vw cabriolets convertibles

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Watching a green haired America hating bull dyke play soccer......now there's a way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I did'nt watch it. I had painted the ceiling in the bedroom and I layed down and watched the paint dry instead.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
now, beach volleyball...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We have a woman's US Soccer Team? Who the hell knew... certainly not me...

I did walk thru the living room and saw on the TV where some feminine looking HoMo's were playing soccer...
Is that what you guys are referring to?

Learned to play soccer living in England from 11 yrs old to 14 yrs old...
played it all thru high school, 5 seasons, took regional championships 5 times..
and state championships 3 times...

no one at hour high school, even the principal, really gave a schitt about it...

but we never had to put up with:

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sse
now, beach volleyball...

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Can't believe they would award the golden boot to Rapinoe. Sure, she made good with all of her penalty kicks, not an especially easy task, but she did nothing to earn any of them. All of those penalties were generated by her teammates' play, not hers. Then there was that ridiculous mis-hit free kick that went right through the legs of every person in the wall. No way that is what she was trying to do, and no way that ball makes it to the net 99 times out of 100.

So the USA won. Fine. I'm happy for them. But pretty sure they'd have still won if the purple-haired anti-American had sat on the bench every game, and not just the game vs England. She made me want to root for the Dutch."

rabst you are correct. She made all her penalty kicks but that is what she is paid to do. And it is true that sometimes penalty kicks are missed, but still, making 4 pk s does not make you mvp.

And that goal on that free kick was a fluke. Went right past 8 players and none of them touched it, including the goalie. That should have been an easy save, the goalie just stood there and watched it go by.

No, the US team would have done fine without the blue haired man hater, only reason she got mvp was politics.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
DO they fake injuries like the Boy's do?

Yes they do. I watched the girls four years ago and they almost never faked injuries. This was one thing I enjoyed about the women's game because the men have been faking injuries for 20 years now and it has just about ruined the game for me.
But now the girls are copying the men. They are really good at it, it is called "diving" and the girls are almost as good at acting as the men are now. If two girls bump shoulders in the penalty box, you can bet that the striker will do a dive and pretend an injury. I saw several penalty kicks awarded on this basis.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Watching a green haired America hating bull dyke play soccer......now there's a way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

+1
🤣🤣🤣

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Normally you support the team representing your country. A few players have made it clear they aren't representing my country so why the [bleep] would I support them? Athletes politicizing sports takes the fun out of watching.

This^^^^^^

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Someone who is average or mediocre, in the women’s case, should not be paid as well as someone who is better at a task because they have a vaj

An average jr high boys team can beat them and they deserve more money? Based on that analogy a jr high boys team should self identify as average lesbian athletes and play in a women’s international soccer league and demand more money.

The pathetic US men’s team too should self identify as women and would be world champs without trying or even practicing

A “pathetic “ men’s team is 100 times better that a world champion women’s team who demands more money. Let that sink in

Average or mediocre? They are the best in their sport. Atheletes should be paid by more about how much money they bring in, they are more entertainment than anything. You also have to differentiate the National Team versus private teams. They have a union for private teams, this is the national team, funded by US Soccer and FIFA, there are no real salaries (except the coaches), they get stipends and game fees and performance bonuses.Jr High boys can beat them? Not a chance, a "typical" mens league team would get destroyed, but when you put them against a national quality team at about U17 or up, yes the woman lose.

When you compare the USWNT to the USNT (men), it's night and day: USWNT always makes the final rounds of WC and Olympics, Men didn't even qualifiy for the last World Cup and it's considered a HUGE WIN when they get out of the group stage. Woman are expected to win, they draw bigger crowds here in the states and they perform. Men, not so much.

Based on what they bring IN for funding, they are under paid when compared to the men.

When you jump to the league play, the Woman are night and day BEHIND the men, MLS is pretty pathetic, but they do bring crowds in some markets, Woman basially play on college fields and not stadiums because they don't draw. So MLS should be higher paid, and when you compare MLS to Europe for pay, then again night and day, rightfully so.

As for the media focus on her, why? Simple, someone dug up an old comment she made and ran with it, she really didn't want to talk about it as it detracts from the team, but she kept getting asked and she answered.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Always someone willing to stand up for them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (16penny, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 37 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,363
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.