Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ERK
A good driver in a Hellcat will kick a average drivers ass in a Camaro or Mustang. My Challeger will pull 1 g with me driving it. Ed k

???? So you are saying, on the track, let both have a good driver and the Camero or Mustang wins????
Weak praise for the Challenger. It only wins when the other driver isn't up to the car.

Last edited by battue; 07/20/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
Would still rather have a 63 to 67 Vette... ultimate desire... 67 427 Tri Power..

I’ve had or driven pretty much all of them. For some reason the 62 is a favorite. The 69 with a big block and pipes is another. However, for being behind the wheel for hours, they can’t compare to the new ones.

Had a 63, 69, 91, 97, 04, 11 and a 16. They just keep getting better.

Now if I could swing a first class resto mod it would be a 62.

Last edited by battue; 07/20/19.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ERK
A good driver in a Hellcat will kick a average drivers ass in a Camaro or Mustang. My Challeger will pull 1 g with me driving it. Ed k

The only certainty in this comparison is that the Dodge is inferior in every which way. The name is very intimidating however

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Seafire
Would still rather have a 63 to 67 Vette... ultimate desire... 67 427 Tri Power..

I’ve had or driven pretty much all of them. For some reason the 62 is a favorite. The 69 with a big block and pipes is another. However, for being behind the wheel for hours, they can’t compare to the new ones.

Had a 63, 69, 91, 97, 04, 11 and a 16. They just keep getting better.

Now if I could swing a first class resto mod it would be a 62.

I really like the ‘62 as well. The back end is so much sharper than earlier models.

And yes, these are the good ol’ days!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wait till Hennessy gets ahold of one. mtmuley

IC B2

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Some of you guys need to get behind the wheel of these cars. If you drove them you would see that they are all very good drivers but built for different things. Everyday driver the challenger wins. Race track the mustang or Camaro. I personally will never be on a circuit track so the leg room and backseat and trunk and visibility make the Challenger my pick. If you don’t need their stuff buy one of the others. The Vette is in a league by it self. Just sold mine because my other car suffices. If you think you need more room get the CTS V caddy. 650 horse and runs with all the euro type for way less dollars. Ed k

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a C5 and I had it at 165. Felt very stable. After 150 acceleration slows down. I had lots of work done to mine but it still only has 350HP. Another 150 HP would be pretty crazy. I used to drive mine all summer but I think I drove it twice this year. Probably time to sell it. I only have 80k miles on it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fancy vehicles are a PITA. Always worried about a drop of rain or a bird poopie. Door dings are a sign of the Apocalypse. Forget that, just buy a Rusty one so you aren't waiting around for a painful surprise.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
What’s up with that steering wheel? Why is Chevy so determined to turn round shapes into squares?

Watch the video. It is all explained in there about the "square" wheel.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chevy and Ford and Chrysler, for that matter, need to quit using the metric system on their motor badges. This corvette is a 378 ci engine. A 7.0 liter would be a 427 ci. Go back to the cubic inch designation, and get away from the European/Jap metric system on badging your engines.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Chevy and Ford and Chrysler, for that matter, need to quit using the metric system on their motor badges. This corvette is a 378 ci engine. A 7.0 liter would be a 427 ci. Go back to the cubic inch designation, and get away from the European/Jap metric system on badging your engines.

Now that’s an idea we can all get behind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This should really interest some here................

The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has a feature that lets you annoy everyone

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News
The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray will be the first Corvette in decades that’s not available with a manual transmission.
Instead, it will feature a quick-shifting eight-speed dual-clutch automatic like many of the exotic supercars it aims to compete with do.
According to Chevrolet, if you pull both shift paddles behind the squared steering wheel at the same time the clutches disengage “for more manual control.”
Of course at that point, all you have control of is the throttle, so it sounds like the feature is just an easy way to let you rev the 490 hp 6.2-liter V8 and make some noise.

That’s half the fun of owning a Corvette, right?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

I had a 2009 Z06 corvette, with a 7.0 liter engine. I put 427 emblems on the hood.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ERK
Some of you guys need to get behind the wheel of these cars. If you drove them you would see that they are all very good drivers but built for different things. Everyday driver the challenger wins. Race track the mustang or Camaro. I personally will never be on a circuit track so the leg room and backseat and trunk and visibility make the Challenger my pick. If you don’t need their stuff buy one of the others. The Vette is in a league by it self. Just sold mine because my other car suffices. If you think you need more room get the CTS V caddy. 650 horse and runs with all the euro type for way less dollars. Ed k
+1 love our 2018 dodge challenger SRT.Being old fuggers test drove the vette,mustang & camaro.Challenger was a better everyday driver and a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It does not have a manual transmission option. Yawn. Three pedals or bust.

Are you buying a car to go fast or are you buying the car to have fun? Because if you were buying a car to go fast, it would not be a mid-engined Corvette. For one thing, it's road legal.

Three pedals or bust!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by coobie
Originally Posted by ERK
+1 love our 2018 dodge challenger SRT.Being old fuggers test drove the vette,mustang & camaro.Challenger was a better everyday driver and a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of..

I’m sure it is a nice car. However, in no way is it a sports car, other than it can go fast.
There is more to a sports car, which is what the thread is about than straight line speed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Love the look of the new vette. Will allow a year or 2 to get all the bugs worked out before I look. I'm presently building my 15 SS so that will give me some joy til the vette gets a good long shake down

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Goosey
It does not have a manual transmission option. Yawn. Three pedals or bust.

Are you buying a car to go fast or are you buying the car to have fun? Because if you were buying a car to go fast, it would not be a mid-engined Corvette. For one thing, it's road legal.

Three pedals or bust!

Stick to your Prius

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
went by bowling green today and slowed down to see if they had one parked out front

I didn't see it, but the parking lot was very full.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 59 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,517
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.