Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL!!!

Casey,

THAT is about the funnies thing I have seen here in the Optics forum!!!

GB1

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Blaine,
Wow.Does that mean you dont want to play anymore?
dave smile

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Blaine
Originally Posted by dave7mm

What can I say.Kinda has a catchie ring to it.At least on par with "Swarvo Owners are Idiots."
Blaine.
According to the optic laws and only the optic laws of the 24Hourcampfire optics board.That big heavy 50mm Nightforce of yours should only be good for driving nails by now. cry
After all, its only on this optics board that 50mm scopes that are heavy dont hold up as well as smaller lighter scopes.
Bill Shenane put you on to those Nightforcs scopes didnt he?
Saved you a pile of money.
Thats what friends are for. smile
dave

I missed this, though I didn't miss much.......... wink

Actually, this thread has nothing in common with my post with "Swarvo Owners" in it's title. Here is the complete title:

"Swarvo Owners are Idiots...........and Other 'Canned Optics Insults'"

While I don't doubt your title is catchy, I'd bet my left arm that your purpose in starting this thread was just to stir things up. shocked The purpose of my "Swarvo Owner" thread was to humorously point out how utterly STUPID pissing matches about brands of scopes are. Yes, I have participated too often myself in such contests over the last 10 years. However, given your thread here, I see my efforts were in vain............ cry

What disappoints me about you and Matt in Virgina is this attempt (reactionary guilt on your part?) to label me as someone who is taking the "moral high ground" and condescendingly taking shots at you guys while claiming I am 100% innocent. All you have to do is read these posts of mine on the Swarvo thread and the "E" hater thread to see that isn't right:

Swarvo thread:

I thought maybe we could save time by coming up with "canned" optics insults, assigning them a reference number, then using them as appropriate. For example:

1. Euro optics owners are idiots who have more money than common sense

2. Leupold users are wannabes who bury their heads in the sand about the true quality of Leupold

3. Anyone who spends more than $300 on a scope is an optics snob, not a hunter

4. Variable scopes are only used by those who aren't real hunters

You get the idea............. grin grin grin

LOL!!!

So just who is it that has "eyebox envy?" It ain't Leupold afficionados.......... grin

BTW, items 1-4 most definitely describe me............. grin

From my first post and thread starter in the "E" Hater thread:

Why would anyone want to do this? Anytime ANY of us (includes me) routinely get drawn into such pissing matches we look bad, regardless of who started it our whose fault it is. (Been there, done that, still trying to quit).

Other posts in that thread:

This NOT, I repeat NOT about Leupold scopes.

It is about letting a folks state their views--whetehr you agree with them or not--without personally slamming them. There is enough blame for all of us here, so no one gets to claim the moral high ground.

While I have always been favorably disposed toward you and Matt in terms of who you are and your preference of scopes; when it comes to the way you and Matt have tried to paint me here; well let me just say you and Matt are completely and utterly full of................incorrectness grin

BTW, on most other Campfire forums I would apologize at this point for even responding to such stuff, but given the Optics forum is THE most contentious forum on the Campfire--surpassing even "Christ at the Campfire", I make no apology but consider this post as being rather mild in terms with most expect here...............from ALL of us knuckleheads (includes ME) who post here. Seems like most here (includes ME) take their maturity down two levels and their ego up three when they step into this forum............ grin grin grin grin

Do you ever trip and fall off of that soap box???????? For your own safety get a smaller one......... grin

Last edited by jwp475; 04/28/07.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I smell some goat nappers afoot.

Spot

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by jwp475

Magnumdood, The Leupy forces are after you..Shields and full power Mr. Scott............... grin

Just let E post, and watch the E-Stalkers foam at the mouth and the anti-Leupy alarms go off........I swear--how do you set your computers to turn on in the middle of night when the word LEUPOLD is posted?.....

Casey

Ar you saying that your epuipment is somehow technologicly inferior????????? grin

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Spotshooter,
Whats a goat napper?
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Magnumdood, The Leupy forces are after you..Shields and full power Mr. Scott............... grin

Just let E post, and watch the E-Stalkers foam at the mouth and the anti-Leupy alarms go off........I swear--how do you set your computers to turn on in the middle of night when the word LEUPOLD is posted?.....

Casey

Ar you saying that your epuipment is somehow technologicly inferior????????? grin

It must be manufactured by some of my "americanized cousins" I guess............I'll check the resolution and color spectrum......... crazy

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

[LMAO ROTF [/b]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
What's all the ruckus in the back yard maw.

Some guy is chasing the neighbors goats around his back yard and all hell is break'n loose.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Blaine,
Wow.Does that mean you dont want to play anymore?
dave smile

LOL!!!

What did you expect? You know me. Do you think I'd sit idly by and not respond? grin

IC B3

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you ever trip and fall off of that soap box???????? For your own safety get a smaller one......... grin

It's actually a shipping container, and I stay up there all the time. You wanna come up? There is room......... wink

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
It must be manufactured by some of my "americanized cousins" I guess............I'll check the resolution and color spectrum.........

HeHe make sure its focused and in new condition......no tiny scratches on the lens, it might make them color spectrums catty wumpus grin I knew the startrek posts would get everybodys sense of humor going...

indeed, there is a disconnect between the military approach and the approach to successful hunting--many don't understand that.......

now if we can just figure out why military guys can't successfully hunt, and we'll have most of the worlds optics problems solved wink I love it.....

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Blaine

It's actually a shipping container, and I stay up there all the time. You wanna come up? There is room......... wink

Thanks for the offer,that's very neighborly............ grin

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Savagehunter
It must be manufactured by some of my "americanized cousins" I guess............I'll check the resolution and color spectrum.........

HeHe make sure its focused and in new condition......no tiny scratches on the lens, it might make them color spectrums catty wumpus grin I knew the startrek posts would get everybodys sense of humor going...

indeed, there is a disconnect between the military approach and the approach to successful hunting--many don't understand that.......

now if we can just figure out why military guys can't successfully hunt, and we'll have most of the worlds optics problems solved wink I love it.....

Now that's discrimination, the Military guys should be able to hunt also...... grin
I'm all for them hunting............ confused

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Now that's discrimination, the Military guys should be able to hunt also......
I'm all for them hunting............

I know we GOT to figure out what this disconnect thing is all about...... frown we owe it to em'

woods

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Is this an optics forum...or is it a stand up comedian training forum or both..? I need to be properly focused to understand...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jimmypgeorgia
Is this an optics forum...or is it a stand up comedian training forum or both..? I need to be properly focused to understand...

LMAO ROTF .............. laugh laugh laugh laugh

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL!!! It depends on which brand of scope you are looking through.......... grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This may be an opportunity---Truce!

This optics page has become absolutely useless for most folks in the past couple months I think.

RD PM'ed me a while back after we had little "exchange", and all it took was a bit of chat to agree to be civil to one another. And much to RD's credit, he has remained civil concerning scope brands and E.....

The cool thing about the shooting world is a lot of individuals educate themselves about equipment and/or certian aspects of equipment, some have backgrounds in practical matters and formal education, they test, compare, and critique, and some even tinker--all of it makes the breed better. And those individuals are indeed knowledgable about many aspects of their passion. We gun guys ALSO tend to be rather cantankerous individuals.

Although I had the opportunity to learn from a couple mentors who knew firearms and reloading inside and out (a former National Guard competitive shooter and a gun nut owner of a tool and die company that supplied Remmy), my passion is hunting big game in the west. I started following my dad on full-house elk hunts in the early 60's, and for the past 20+ years have done a fair amount of guiding. I get to see a wide spectrum of equipment--in the field. Including scopes, binos, and spotting scopes. I have a set of criteria that goes beyond what one can measure with any instrument or test. I know what works well, I know what is needed, and what is not needed. For 90%-99% of all guys who buy rifles and scopes, they are going to go hunting a few times a year and thats mostly it. One doesn't NEED equipment that is pushing the envelope, nor costs a bizillion dollars, one needs equipment that is competent--the rest is about hunting for most. That's why I kill critters just as competently with tuned factory rifles and handloads as my blueprinted/custom barrel rigs.

But then there is the other part. I have tuned in to the optics page off and on for a few years, and what I can remember of E's posts that when he made his statements, he made his arguments with whatever evidence he chose. I also watched as some began to disagree more and more viruently. Only after a certain amount of ganging up and ridicule did E began to "up the ante" with his own sarcasm. And from there it justs spirals out of control.

I don't care if those who disagree with E "know better". I don't care if E "knows better". When the name calling begins, and when a persons post is IMMEDIATELY met with ridicule and name calling, that becomes a form of bullying that I have always had a greater-than-most-folks objection to.

I simply fail to see why E's posts have spawned this kind of attention from a small group of members. And even though E has shown the resolve to stay from most stuff on the optics forum lately, there are still threads titled like this one that are 1) clearly designed to provoke more than mature discussion, and 2) seem hell bent on convincing the world that brands B and C are better than brand A.

So, let's see who can be the mature, "better men" Campfire members here. I'm gonna make like RD for a while and just post my opinions on scopes and not on individuals. If and when E posts something, cite our own expertise, experience, data, our arguments why and how, leave it at that and let everybody else make up there own mind. Let's just stop the personal attacks and ridicule of one another and maybe we'll all learn something useful about scopes again--instead of each others ancestory.

Just a proposal.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, when is Leupold going to get with the program? If they took a VXIII, stuck on a 59mm objective, added an extra 24oz of weight, and stamped "made in Grobsnoskovia" on the eyepeice, they would have a bonafide hit on their hands. Put 19 stadia lines on the reticle, calibrated in micron nanometers, and the American market would greet them with open wallets and screaming orgasms.

grin grin

BTW, thanks for letting me check out the Meopta.

Now with even more aplomb
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 899 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.