Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
I mostly use cast iron but just bought a set of All-Clad fry pans. It's made in the USA and a lifetime warranty. Some of their line can get pricey. No complaints so far.

All my All clad stuff is great except for my nonstick fry pans. They crapped out after a couple years. I wish I had just went with the stainless. I use cheaper nonstick stuff now and just replace them every two years. I’m going to give the ones Brad suggested. On sale!!!

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.amazon.com/All-Clad-E78...;qid=1565831656&s=gateway&sr=8-3

never cook with them with heat higher than medium on your stove. Clean up will always be easy and they will last a life time

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm sure there are better ones out there but I and all my kids families use the Kirkland Signature set from Costco. All of the sets are over 5 years old and still work like new. Less than $200.00 for the whole set.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The trick with steel or stainless skillets is to heat them up (HOT) clean, then oil, wipe it thin and then cool it. (Don’t put oil in a cold unseasoned pan it won’t work even close to as well). When you heat them up again you can make an omelette easy, very non stick. But they lose the season fairly easy. Cast iron holds the season better.

I’ve told so many people/family this and I can’t understand why some people still hate steel and stainless steel pans.

I do use a Teflon skillet, pretty much just for eggs, it’s just less work than keeping omelet level non-stick on stainless. I’ve tried expensive and maybe they are slightly better but you overheat them and they are crap after anyway. So I just buy a cheap or middle of the road ones every couple years and then toss them. I would not spend a lot on aTeflon skillet.

Pretty much my only other use for Teflon skillets is when I’m truck camping so I can just wipe them out instead of properly washing. Throw them away when they get scratched and just buy a new one.

Sean
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by kennyd
Got Granitestone diamond something and it has been better than the copper, teflon and all so far. They claim it will stand an oven and steel spatula, but not a sharp knife. Haven't tried that yet. 10 inch 20 bucks at Walmart. Will probably go for the 12 inch later. I didnt find a lid though but have one from a stainless set that works
With a little effort you can get anything to stick

Wife ordered a couple of those "Granitestone" skillets around a year ago. The ones she ordered came with glass lids for both. Ours aren't holding up near as well as advertised. Eggs almost always at least partially stick to the bottom now, and both are getting what looks like hairline cracks and 'blemishes' in the inside surface of the "Granitestone" coating. Thanks to failed so-called non-stick cookware we have accumulated quite a collection of spare lids in assorted sizes now.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by Brad
I love the campfire... you ask about non-stick, and get told cast iron. An no, all non-stick are not the same.

Cast iron will last a lifetime and more. And it's nonstick.

I know he asked about cookware, but what he really needs is a SWFA SS 6X MQ.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I love the campfire... you ask about non-stick, and get told cast iron. An no, all non-stick are not the same.

Possibly a RAR

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

And a Chevy.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been using Belgique from Macy's for several years. Hard anodized aluminum. They are of a good weight and are very non-stick. Have only had to replace my large skillet because we wore the coating out.

Use them with medium to low heat, and up to 450 degrees in the oven. Not dishwasher safe. Hand wash only.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by KFWA

never cook with them with heat higher than medium on your stove. Clean up will always be easy and they will last a life time

those look pretty nice,lids, oven-safe

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by KFWA

those look pretty nice,lids, oven-safe

all clad is good stuff

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I just ordered a green off ebay.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Momma has been using a 12" "Flonal" for a year or so. She likes it better than any frying pan she has ever used and that includes about ten years in restaurant kitchens.

This pan has the granite looking speckle tone finish, inside and out. It has an Aluminum disc on bottom and does a great job of heat distribution. It is marked "Made in Italy".

We are not kind to it at all. Scrape it with forks. Knock spoons against it. So far not a chip or a scratch in the nonstick finish. Everything: eggs, cheese, fish, meat, gravy, wipes out with a wet sponge under running water. Don't even need to soak it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yea, we only use non-metal spatulas with our pans as well

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by woodson
Looking to replace a couple non stick pans. Anyone have good experience with quality/durable non stick pans? Not interested in cast iron so this isn’t what this thread is for.
The best I've ever used are from Analon.... But I have a few of the ceramic pans and they've been very good so far...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not sure what the hell happened with my Copper Chef, but after 3 months, every time I tried to fry an egg, I ended up with scrambled eggs. Everyone on here said they've had good luck with them, but mine was a piece of schit.

9 months ago, I bought a Cuisinart. So far, so good. It's still like new.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...gclsrc=aw.ds&resetGoogleAddFlow=true

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I haven't found one worth a darn. They all wear out. Anyone who says their non-stick will last a lifetime isn't using it very much.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
As this thread has moved about, I'll ask about carbon steel skillets?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I buy nonstick pans 'cheap and deep'. Expensive ones are not really any better than cheapies. When mine cease to release, I toss 'em and bring out another.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Betty

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.