Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
EE and TRH, thanks for addressing my question.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Even if he bought the gun privately, a UBC may not have stopped it. It's still just a background check, if he passes he passes.

As for constitutional argument against UBC: "shall not be infringed", if you assume 2A is for all guns for all people, then a UBC IS an infringement if it is not 100% instant.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
How exactly would the media know the gun was purchased privately? The shooter was killed before being interviewed so he obviously could not have provided that information. Everything I have ever heard about background checks stated that the records are not retained anywhere and they are just a check to make sure you can legally buy a gun then the info is purged. If these records are indeed not kept anywhere then how could the media possibly know in a matter or minutes or even hours after the shooting that he purchased it privately to circumvent a background check. Theoretically there should be no record of where the gun was actually from. I have always believed that these forms/background checks were kept on record somewhere but was assured that they definitely were not. Can anyone verify this for me?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by extremesolo
How exactly would the media know the gun was purchased privately? The shooter was killed before being interviewed so he obviously could not have provided that information. Everything I have ever heard about background checks stated that the records are not retained anywhere and they are just a check to make sure you can legally buy a gun then the info is purged. If these records are indeed not kept anywhere then how could the media possibly know in a matter or minutes or even hours after the shooting that he purchased it privately to circumvent a background check. Theoretically there should be no record of where the gun was actually from. I have always believed that these forms/background checks were kept on record somewhere but was assured that they definitely were not. Can anyone verify this for me?

FFL would have been involved if there was a background check, the FFL holds the records of all sales permanently. Given the Serial number of the gun, it's easily findable what the last FFL driven sale was. If that buyer isn't the shooter, well then he stole it or bought it privately.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Found it wrapped in a towel on a bridge? No, only illegals do that.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ATFwould Trace that rifle to the last person that bought it from a FFL, then ask that buyer how he disposed of ie sold it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
Originally Posted by extremesolo

FFL would have been involved if there was a background check, the FFL holds the records of all sales permanently. Given the Serial number of the gun, it's easily findable what the last FFL driven sale was. If that buyer isn't the shooter, well then he stole it or bought it privately.
It's still inexact due to all the 4473's that have been stolen or destroyed by the government themselves...in evidently "legit"accidents. Then there are FFL Holders who have legally disposed of 4473's by other means than turning them in, after they were so old. Then there are FFL's who have themselves had accidents or whatnot and the forms were lost or destroyed. That doesn't even consider whether you trust the ATF/FBI to tell the truth about where the gun was last tracked.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
EE and TRH, thanks for addressing my question.
You're welcome.

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The government may not have a database of 4473s, but practically every retail store out there does now. If the manufacturer sent the firearm to most retailers, it ain’t hard to track it down from there nowadays.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
Found it wrapped in a towel on a bridge? No, only illegals do that.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Once again, the pattern of FBI involvement for years prior continues:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ncoherent-messages-before-mass-shooting/

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
A couple of quick points:

First, if you don’t believe in black ops type support, how do you explain the missing video where police chased someone into the woods?(Sandy Hook) They showed it for a couple hours, then poof gone and no info about the guy you see them catch.

Second, how do you explain the effectiveness of some of these shooters. Just throwing lead usually results in few hit unless you shoot well. These shooters are leftist losers, not PRS, and 3 gun world champs...yet they seem to make lots of hits. The Orlando night club folks complained about cross fire. From 1 shooter??? How’s that? Also, how did he hit so many?

Thank goodness they are letting the home built pistol AR of the Dayton shooter slide.....or are too stupid to bounce that issue around the talking heads.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
About 335 people have died in mass shootings this year. No conspiracy is needed to explain it.

A thousand times (321,000) as many have died from smoking this year, including 27,000 innocent victims of second hand smoke.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
There was the lady in El Paso who seemed to be quite rational and who was clear headed enough to get herself and her two kids out of a side door who claimed that she saw two shooters in the Wal-Mart dressed in black and methodically gunning people down.

Nearly every single one of these shooting has those kind of reports that just go down the rabbit hole. We still don’t know much about the Las Vegas shooting.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/05/19.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,986
Posts18,499,825
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.