Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Unenforceable.

You are right. Transfer bans are unenforceable....... until you get caught and get a felony added to your resume! Then all guns are off your menu. Happy Trails

Ok, where are they gonna lock up about 250 million citizens?? See 200,000 new prisons being built now?

EFF 'em...
While there are plenty of stories about detention centers being built, either surreptitiously or right under our noses, they don't have to be true and they don't have to lock that many people up. The most likely scenario is they try a few high profile cases, likely with people that they want for other reasons anyway, and really stomp them. The whole country is already guilty of NOT letting the punishment fit the crime as we tend to want LE to really hammer people who we think are guilty, so we let prosecutors do things like charge surviving criminals with murder when the police shoot down a couple of bank robbers in a team of say, four. There's no way the other two are guilty of murder...etc. So another high profile mass killing happens and throw the book at the schmuck who sold the guy the guns-now illegally because they weren't UBC'd.

There is also the possibility that detention centers go up overnight. The government will spare no expense with your tax dollars in order to put you, a formerly law abiding citizen, away for a non-crime. The country that won WWII is certainly capable of massive efforts and putting up some prisons for scofflaws is nothing compared to that, so there's another scenario.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 09/09/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
And what will the various FFLs charge for all this upcoming traffic and paperwork that'll be necessary while not actually selling anything? I think everyone of 'em oughta get together and make it a flat $100 per.... Then gov't steps in (as usual) and sez, 'can't charge that - gotta be no more than $10'.. What FFL is gonna agree to THAT? They'll just refuse to do transfers... What's the citizen gonna do THEN?? EFF 'em.. Call your Reps and Sens., make 'em realize it would be a BIG BIG BIG mistake for them to pass such a law... YUGE mistake!!
This. Already called my Rep. Today, I'll call my two US Senators. Make them sweat, folks.
Could you call Feinstein and Kamala for us Californians..................they don't listen to their rural constituents............maybe if they heard it from you it might help whistle Geno
[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’m like Ann Coulter on all this. There are lots of things I could live with if I trusted people. But I don’t trust any of them. The problem with UBC or any version of it is not the idea that we shouldn’t do some checking to make sure that criminals or the mentally imbalanced don’t use private sales as a way to get guns, it’s that UBC won’t work. And once it doesn’t work, they’re going to try to “fix” it with a registry. And once that doesn’t work...

Really, this whole rabbit trail was inevitable once we got background checks of any kind and conceded that they were a good idea and a useful tool. It’s been coming a long time. And I guess, it proves the point of the slippery slope.

lmao You're describing yourself. You are one of the ones by your own postings, who is for all this compromise, etc. because you have said there's no other way. There's always another way.

I have never been for background checks and I've never said they were a good idea. The only way they're a "useful tool" is for identifying who has what gun for eventual confiscation.

All compromise does on natural rights is infringe them.

Nope, I’ve done nothing but tell you to quit being a hysterical idiot and focus your attentions where they might do some good. But, I’ve never advocated compromise except to tell you that to one degree or another Red Flag laws are coming and you can have a drastic effect on how they are implemented by getting in the ears of your local and state officials.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Red Flag laws are coming and you can have a drastic effect on how they are implemented by getting in the ears of your local and state officials.

Neither my state rep (sleazebag attorney and also Mr. Deer Hunter) or state senator (Most Conservative in Texas) would touch constitutional carry legislation this year. To hell with them, neither one are worth a damn.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m like Ann Coulter on all this. There are lots of things I could live with if I trusted people. But I don’t trust any of them. The problem with UBC or any version of it is not the idea that we shouldn’t do some checking to make sure that criminals or the mentally imbalanced don’t use private sales as a way to get guns, it’s that UBC won’t work. And once it doesn’t work, they’re going to try to “fix” it with a registry. And once that doesn’t work...

Really, this whole rabbit trail was inevitable once we got background checks of any kind and conceded that they were a good idea and a useful tool. It’s been coming a long time. And I guess, it proves the point of the slippery slope.

lmao You're describing yourself. You are one of the ones by your own postings, who is for all this compromise, etc. because you have said there's no other way. There's always another way.

I have never been for background checks and I've never said they were a good idea. The only way they're a "useful tool" is for identifying who has what gun for eventual confiscation.

Nope, I’ve done nothing but tell you to quit being a hysterical idiot and focus your attentions where they might do some good. But, I’ve never advocated compromise except to tell you that to one degree or another Red Flag laws are coming and you can have a drastic effect on how they are implemented by getting in the ears of your local and state officials.
For one thing, I'm not a "hysterical idiot" in the first place, so telling me to quit being one really doesn't do anything. Secondly, you have no idea where I focus my attentions other than on this site, and I'm not even sure you're aware of that. You OTOH, have very much advocated compromise and are also trying to stifle the opposition to compromise. Anybody who doubts my words can look at your posts and judge for themselves. You've become Goosey Light.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
And what will the various FFLs charge for all this upcoming traffic and paperwork that'll be necessary while not actually selling anything? I think everyone of 'em oughta get together and make it a flat $100 per.... Then gov't steps in (as usual) and sez, 'can't charge that - gotta be no more than $10'.. What FFL is gonna agree to THAT? They'll just refuse to do transfers... What's the citizen gonna do THEN?? EFF 'em.. Call your Reps and Sens., make 'em realize it would be a BIG BIG BIG mistake for them to pass such a law... YUGE mistake!!
This. Already called my Rep. Today, I'll call my two US Senators. Make them sweat, folks.
Could you call Feinstein and Kamala for us Californians..................they don't listen to their rural constituents............maybe if they heard it from you it might help whistle Geno
[Linked Image]

Exactly the right GIF, meme or whatever those things are called.

Exactly.

Geno

PS, you should see the replies I get from their ilk when I write letters. cry

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s all about getting the camels nose in the tent. Once it starts there is no stopping it. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yup. People get elected on name recognition. He is a mentally defective (really, medical records were leaked) radio celebrity from Maryland, then Pennsylvania, then Houston...where he "reinvented" himself as a conservative commentator.

With any luck, he'll get un-elected by that same name recognition after this revelation.

Primary his dumb ass.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

For one thing, I'm not a "hysterical idiot" in the first place, so telling me to quit being one really doesn't do anything. Secondly, you have no idea where I focus my attentions other than on this site, and I'm not even sure you're aware of that. You OTOH, have very much advocated compromise and are also trying to stifle the opposition to compromise. Anybody who doubts my words can look at your posts and judge for themselves. You've become Goosey Light.

Yes, in fact, you are. You prove it with your every post on this issue.

And this entire thread proves my point. While you and so many on this board have been obsessing over the stray utterances of Donald Trump or how much Wayne Lapierre spends on those horrible pin striped suits he wears, the threat is coming from a Republican at the state level. And like I told you in my beginning posts in other threads, forget about the national fight, or at least don’t focus on it to the exclusion of everything else. We’re losing the fight at the state level. Seventeen states have Red Flag laws and more are trying to follow. Lots of states have UBC now and more are trying to follow. You may not be able to have much effect on your national guys because they are so bought and paid for these days, they don’t even care if they get re-elected. They’re going to be rich anyway. But at the state level you CAN actually go down to the office and talk to your state rep. You can see him at a fundraiser. And if that doesn’t work and he still passes Red Flag laws, then you can go to work on the ELECTED judges who will implement them. I promise you, if the NRA or some other organization adopted the MADD model and sent representatives to every county in every state in the country and asked to see their Red Flag statistics like MADD does with drunk driving arrests, then you would see some judges get very tentative about granting them.

That isn’t compromise. That is grassroots action.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He wants to make background checks mandatory,

except between family or friends.

Hello! My name is Karl.

Nice to know you friend!
wink

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I would be fine with UBC IF it could be done on line, for free. It would include only the buyers ID and a yes or no response and a printable copy for the sellers file. We do not need to identify the firearm or know the buyers history, just that they are not disqualified. The check should also NOT state the reason for the check, so the seller and buyer are logged somewhere as a firearms owner. Something along the lines of what the police do at a traffic stop, check for warrants and then proceed accordingly. OK guys, pick it apart.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
For some reason, or so it seems, the left/liberals don't understand the NRA is made up of millions of members that own firearms or at least most do. What pizzes them off is the NRA does a better job at representing the members than the democrat party.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
To the Texans here-

For the record.. I do not agree with your Lt Govenor Patrick. I hope you vote the bum out of office next election.

But.

YOUR Lt Governor in Texas IS NOT a "Yankee". PERIOD.

The MASON - DIXON LINE is the Northern Border of the South. ALWAYS HAS BEEN Maryland is SOUTH of that line. Always has been.

Many thousands of Marylanders in Gray Uniforms died right along side Texans during the Civil.war. Be careful who you call a "Yankee".

Is Patrick a transplanted Easterner? Yep. Patrick was born in Baltimore , Maryland. Your Texas Ranger hero Samuel Walker of the "Walker Colt" was also born in Maryland. And he fought like a wildcat for your great stste.

Just like many of the greatest Texans who ever lived- they were born somewhere else.

And so are the one Million plus illegals you have running around in Texas. Which is a hell.ofa lot bigger priblem for our country than whwre your current Lt Governor was born.

And the shooters at El Paso and Odessa? Probably native born Texans. So was does that really count for? Apparently not much.

And then look at Dallas ,Houston and Austin.. Chocked FULL of home grown Texas libtards. It ain't a Texas thing or Maryland thing... It's an AMERICAN THING.

Last edited by jk16; 09/09/19.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by medefries
I would be fine with UBC IF it could be done on line, for free. It would include only the buyers ID and a yes or no response and a printable copy for the sellers file. We do not need to identify the firearm or know the buyers history, just that they are not disqualified. The check should also NOT state the reason for the check, so the seller and buyer are logged somewhere as a firearms owner. Something along the lines of what the police do at a traffic stop, check for warrants and then proceed accordingly. OK guys, pick it apart.

The problem with that is that once the camel's nose in under the tent, you cannot tell the camel not to lift its head.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yes, in fact, you are. You prove it with your every post on this issue.

And this entire thread proves my point. While you and so many on this board have been obsessing over the stray utterances of Donald Trump or how much Wayne Lapierre spends on those horrible pin striped suits he wears, the threat is coming from a Republican at the state level. And like I told you in my beginning posts in other threads, forget about the national fight, or at least don’t focus on it to the exclusion of everything else. We’re losing the fight at the state level. Seventeen states have Red Flag laws and more are trying to follow. Lots of states have UBC now and more are trying to follow. You may not be able to have much effect on your national guys because they are so bought and paid for these days, they don’t even care if they get re-elected. They’re going to be rich anyway. But at the state level you CAN actually go down to the office and talk to your state rep. You can see him at a fundraiser. And if that doesn’t work and he still passes Red Flag laws, then you can go to work on the ELECTED judges who will implement them. I promise you, if the NRA or some other organization adopted the MADD model and sent representatives to every county in every state in the country and asked to see their Red Flag statistics like MADD does with drunk driving arrests, then you would see some judges get very tentative about granting them.

That isn’t compromise. That is grassroots action.
You're not for compromise...but that's all we have and nobody should even try to do anything except at the state level. Wayne LaPierre's suits aren't fashionable. blah blah blah You're fos. lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by medefries

They will still be after you if there is a crime committed after the fact, by the guy or with the gun. How do you prove that you checked him without a record of the firearm or the guy? It also doesn't address the fact that the current system is imperfect. You checked the guy but the Feds or whomever you're checking with are wrong. Wtf?

None of it matters because gun control doesn't work. Background checks don't work. We had an AWB that sunseted because there was no documentation by the Feds, of any change in crime stats due to the ban. We already have background checks that don't work. They don't not work because of some people not being checked, they don't work because they are bogus in the first place and were the original camel's nose on registration. Nobody trusts the government or their owners though and that's why we don't have total registration already. More of something that doesn't work won't work.

It also simply kicks the can down the road as to making the government heel as far as trying to curtail one of the most important rights we have. No new gun control. No exceptions. No compromise.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Do you people in Texas, where a leftist nut flake like Beetle O'Rourke got almost half the votes, really is going to vote the lt. gov. out of office over this issue?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In spite of its geographical location RE the Mason-Dixon Line, Maryland chose to stay in the Union.

Best estimates are that for every 10 Marylanders who served only about 1 in 10 went with the Confederate cause.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Do you people in Texas, where a leftist nut flake like Beetle O'Rourke got almost half the votes, really is going to vote the lt. gov. out of office over this issue?

Unfortunately, IMHO (regardless of what others may say) Texas has been on life support since Ann Richards was in the Governors mansion. I’ve seen this political paradigm shift coming for years. Started in the early/mid 70’s. Many are in denial. But it will happen. There is no stopping it.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jk16
To the Texans here-

For the record.. I do not agree with your Lt Govenor Patrick. I hope you vote the bum out of office next election.

But.

YOUR Lt Governor in Texas IS NOT a "Yankee". PERIOD.

The MASON - DIXON LINE is the Northern Border of the South. ALWAYS HAS BEEN Maryland is SOUTH of that line. Always has been.

Many thousands of Marylanders in Gray Uniforms died right along side Texans during the Civil.war. Be careful who you call a "Yankee".

Is Patrick a transplanted Easterner? Yep. Patrick was born in Baltimore , Maryland. Your Texas Ranger hero Samuel Walker of the "Walker Colt" was also born in Maryland. And he fought like a wildcat for your great stste.

Just like many of the greatest Texans who ever lived- they were born somewhere else.

And so are the one Million plus illegals you have running around in Texas. Which is a hell.ofa lot bigger priblem for our country than whwre your current Lt Governor was born.

And the shooters at El Paso and Odessa? Probably native born Texans. So was does that really count for? Apparently not much.

And then look at Dallas ,Houston and Austin.. Chocked FULL of home grown Texas libtards. It ain't a Texas thing or Maryland thing... It's an AMERICAN THING.

Good story, but those metropolis's are not "chocked full" of native born libtards. There are plenty native born RETARDS, but almost all of the "libtards" are from Mexico, California, Africa (so they claim) or the NE...which is anything north and east of St.Louis.

And you California guys can't get mad at me for saying this....it happened to you first.

I suppose those up in New England could say the same thing 300 years ago.

The world is getting a lot more comfortable. Sissy bitches couldn't live in places like Texas 100 years ago. I reckon we'll know how it all works out when the lights go off...and they will.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 22250rem, 219DW, 56 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,871
Posts18,518,012
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.