-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The list below are all New & Unfired Rifles and a Shotgun as described, that I am tired of taking up storage space, and will never shoot. All Prices are subject to OBO. Winning Buyer is posted with earliest time stamp of their minimum or better offer.
Payment is by USPS MO only, and shipping cost is NOT INCLUDED in the prices shown below, with shipments only to Conus and no shipping to California.
Shipping will be from my FFL "The Gun Room" in Jacksonville TX to your FFL, or FTF is available within 100 miles of Tyler TX, your choice. FTF is only offered to a buyer with a valid & current TX Drivers License required.
Pics will be available ASAP by PM request and sent via EMail or Text.

I'm keeping a down sized smaller group of shooters I already have, but open to trades for Stainless Steel rifles in most short action calibers. Please look at my ad for a 1982 G157xxxx SR#'ed USRAC M70 FW PUSH FEED 7x57 w/factory folding leaf iron sights and original front sight hood, in great shape too. Happy Hunting Ya'll and thanks for looking.

!. Weatherby Vanguard S2 Stainless Steel 7Rmg, grey composite with black touch panel stock, w/o box or papers & is unfired. There has been a scope mounted and the scope mount plugs have been pulled, but are still somewhere in my shop if I can find them & you want them. The rifle is as new with no shelf or storage damage @ $500 minimum.
**Look at the WBY factory website to see the exact same rifle except is now offered only in a Weather Guard coated finish.

2. Marlin XL 7 Stainless Steel 270Win, NIB w/box and papers & factory scope mount rail & unfired. There has been a scope mounted & removed with no damage to rail. $400 firm Minimum.

3. Weatherby Vanguard S2 Select Grade 308Win , NIB with box & papers, black Griptonite stock, matte blue finish, 24" barrel $350 minimum. Yes this is a Walmart gun that I am into at almost the $350 minimum, for my total cost w/Sales Tax & CC charges.

4. Remington 870 Express 12 guage, NIB with box & papers & 1 Modified choke tube, wood stock . The factory magazine plug has been installed. $300 minimum.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J lock on the Express?

Barrel length?

Smooth top vent rib or rough top?

Year of manufacture?

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 08/31/19.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pappy you removed your post before I could hit the "Like" button.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
10guagemag, Per your ?'s
28" barrel, vent rib top is "rough" and not smooth. Dunno how to tell year of manufacture from the label on the end of the box or if it has a JLock.

The safety is a push bar behind the trigger like every 870 I ever saw, owned or sold as a distributor's Rep in the late '70's thru the mid '80's before the Express model guns were introduced. SR # is RS0508xx.. Only "oddity" to me is the Remington logo engraved on the bottom of the trigger guard. and I've owned mebbe a couple dozen or more 870's starting in the late 1960's, mostly 12 guage 3" mag fixed choke barrels and all WingMasters except for this one.
I bought this shotgun about 5 years ago in McKinney TX from a Houston TX based chain store.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J lock was a keyed safety they used in the late '90s early 2000s. You could lock the gun on safe.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Huh, thats what I get for not keeping up with Remington 870's or any other shotguns for that matter. Kept what I had and hunted 98% with a bolt action rifle for the last 20-30 years after I gave up waterfowl & dove hunting, but I did trade for a Super Nova and stuffed it with TripleO and kept it behind the front door before we moved back to civilization from Lake Texoma Thanks for the info. ...and NO on this 870 having a J Lock. laugh
Ron

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Past Labor Day with no hitches anywhere...
Ron

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tag

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Back up for sale or trade. PM Me for pics and prices are OBO until I sell enough to cover the new shooter I want....
Ron

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Back up For Sale. PM me for pics and any trades you want to propose. Calibers I'm interested are 7-08, 6.5's & mebbe 308's.
Ron

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
J lock was a keyed safety they used in the late '90s early 2000s. You could lock the gun on safe.

These are easily removed on the 870's (unlike on the 700's etc.) by buying a new safety.

I replaced mine with an oversize safety button.

Would never let a J-lock slow me down on purchasing an 870.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
JWW...GTK and thanks for the info.... cool
Ron

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Pics sent to Failure2Fire & 444Matt this morning.

Took new pics yesterday of the 4 rifles that are For Sale or Trade. A rare USRAC M70 Fwt 7x57 mfg'ed in 1982 with folding leaf factory iron sights and the original red butt pad & front sight hood, + an as new & unfired Wby 7Rmg S2 SS, with a grey stock w/ touch pads, + a NIB Marlin XL 7 SS 270, + a bargain model NIB Wby S2 308 in a black composite stock. Also got a NIB Rem 870 12 gauge Express that has been taking up storage space for the last 4-5 years and needs to go down the road.

At now 75 I'm Too Old and beat up to shoot all of 'em anymore and I can make do with just a 6.5x55 & 270 pair of shooters left on hand. All offers considered with preferences given to new or lightly used 7-08's, 6.5's or other similar medium bores in Tikka, Winchester, Ruger etc & Euro rifles @ under $1k msrp's
Ron

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.