Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Had a Bronco windshield break one hot summer day sitting in my driveway.

I started cracking the window a bit after that.

Better then a cracked dash

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by KFWA
I guess I'll get around to getting a new one. Can't be too expensive
Some of these new ones with all the wires and sensors built in can set you back the price of a guided hunting trip if you're not insured.

You got that right. Exterior mirrors too.

Did an estimate last week for a lady who shaved off the left mirror assembly on her 2015 Mercedes C300. About $2700.00. The glass alone was over $1100.00. Self dimming with lane departure warning and blind spot warning. About fell out of my chair when the parts estimate came through. Have priced out a few windshields that were close to $2k.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Back when I was in the game.....so to speak....personal hygiene was very important.

I carried a can of Axe body spray around for last minute touch ups.

Left that can on the dash one hot summer day and it exploded. Took the windshield completely out.

Disintegrated the rear view.

Pickup smelled for months afterward.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My sister's idiot boyfriend was practicing his quick draw inside the house. He shot a coffee pot, a toaster, through the wall and took out his windshield. My sister got home from work and asked what happened to his windshield and he didnt even know about it yet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Windshields are now a structural element of the vehicle. Twist the vehicle body and you can "explosively" rupture the windshield. That may explain the towing incidents described above.

And yes, they ARE spendy.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
using my truck to pull up fencepost, had a tow rope tied to my hitch and using the spare tire as a pulley, pulled a fence post and my windshield cracked. That was unexpected.

You need an 8N to do that schitt. They ain't got no damn windshields.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a tow chain snap & come through the back windshield of one of our big JD tractors I was pulling a cedar stump with about 30 years ago. I was a lot quicker at ducking back then. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I travel a lot and replace a windshield about ever 2 years, Safeglass is your friend, anything less than perfection and they will fix it.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I hit a turkey

buzzard here.

Crow here...

Rooster Pheasant.....right in the ass - 1965 GMC hiboy 4x4

And there was the 1990 Chevy, on which the windshield cracked full width when I pulled the trigger on a Ruger #1 in 7mm STW rested over the hood.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork
My wife broke a windshield once, took off a shoe and swatted a fly!

I once got into my car which was in the garage. Closed the car door and the rear window shattered in a million tiny pieces.

I once had a VW bug, 1968 IIRC, driving down a highway in Sacramento and got a rock through it . Took it to the glass shop and got a new one. Pulled out of the glass shop , down the very same highway, did not make it a mile before I got a rock through the windshield. Back to the glass shop, they were so amazed at my luck they gave me the next one at their cost.

Mom always told me there was ONE GUY in this world who had worse luck than I do. Glad to meet ya, finally.

smile

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was working at the FBO at Hernando County Airport when a Piper Navajo came in with the right engine shut down...... [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Mechanic asked me to come try and start the engine after he got it pulled up to the hangar and the cowling off.....

Began to crank, it lit, a very lood POOOOF, not a boom, but more than a woosh........

Next thing I see the oil cap and dip stick strike the pilot side window and crack the CHITT out of it...... must have launched it 50' in the air....

Problem discovered, hole in the piston....

2nd problem........ That side of the windshield had the electric deice heater built in and cost $5000 in 1982..................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A buddy driving out to Big Bend had a vulture come through the windshield of his Tacoma. Then it projectile vomited it’s last meal over everything as it died.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Some years ago, a guy here was up in the hills with his pickup cutting firewood. Another car with a trailer had tried to cross a creek and got stuck in mud. The pickup driver tried to help pull him out. They wrapped a nylon jerk strap around the car's bumper and hooked it to the pickup's front tow hooks. He hit the gas, the strap stretched, the bumper came entirely off, broke his windshield...and killed him.

Same thing happened to us about 40 yrs ago. Pulled a custom welded bumper off the stuck Jeep and it slingshot into the rescue vehicle. Luckily the bumper hit sideways and didn't enter the vehicle. The driver never moved, but was unhurt

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
A buddy driving out to Big Bend had a vulture come through the windshield of his Tacoma. Then it projectile vomited it’s last meal over everything as it died.

Nice eff you on the way out.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by slumlord
I hit a turkey

The second most startling bird to hit, in my experience.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Great horned owl was unpleasant.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Had a Bronco windshield break one hot summer day sitting in my driveway.

I started cracking the window a bit after that.

One of my welcome to Montana events included a broken windshield. About minus twenty-five. Started the rig, ran for several minutes and then hit defrost..... Craaaack right across the thing.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Great horned owl was unpleasant.

Most startling bird to hit, in my experience.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Bounced a bale of hay through the back window of an old Dodge one time. That meant that we fed cows that winter with a piece of card board taped in place

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm not done with the fence so I suspect the crack is going to get alot worse before the end of the week..

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (204guy, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,096
Posts18,502,011
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.