Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

On a side note . . . I have often thought the Chinese people would welcome an opportunity to overthrow their communist task masters if given a chance. I could see the masses supporting the U.S. and our allies to free them from their dismal existence under the commies.

No, they don't. They are proud of being Chinese.

No going to argue with one of the top communists on here.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Gus

On a side note . . . I have often thought the Chinese people would welcome an opportunity to overthrow their communist task masters if given a chance. I could see the masses supporting the U.S. and our allies to free them from their dismal existence under the commies.

there it is. thank you.

The chinese people have been ruled by a govt. that has sought to disassemble 4 millenia of culture since WW2.

Look up the Red guard, Great leap forward etc. Mao was a dedicated communist who believed that all traditions had to be erased in order for a communist society to emerge. China is a simmering cauldron of people who are slowly being enlightened via exposure to western culture and values via technology.

Gus and criscoe, combined, have the geopolitical acumen of a root vegetable.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Gus
they're building some sort of interconnected highway network over there in asia. interconnectivity and all of that. it's a long-term proposition. in the long-run, with technology being equal, the side with the most troops wins.

Yep, road to invasion.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by Gus
they're building some sort of interconnected highway network over there in asia. interconnectivity and all of that. it's a long-term proposition. in the long-run, with technology being equal, the side with the most troops wins.

Yep, road to invasion.

i suspect the russian regime have a close eye on their nearest well-armed neighbor?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 700LH
China wants to have Taiwan, Hong Kong and anything else they want in that part of the world saying to everyone else a fight isn't worth it...

Uh, Hong Kong has been part of China for 20 years. They just have let them think they were semi-independent. That's over now.
What many here (except Jorge) are forgetting is that power projection is a very important part of military might, and China doesn't have any. They are very strong in their area but they have no carriers, overseas bases, amphibious forces, etc. As long as we don't invade them, they can't beat us. All we have to do is contain them.

IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Gus

there it is. thank you.

The chinese people have been ruled by a govt. that has sought to disassemble 4 millenia of culture since WW2.

Look up the Red guard, Great leap forward etc. Mao was a dedicated communist who believed that all traditions had to be erased in order for a communist society to emerge. China is a simmering cauldron of people who are slowly being enlightened via exposure to western culture and values via technology.

Gus and criscoe, combined, have the geopolitical acumen of a root vegetable.

mike r

Mike, the cultural revolution was over 50 years ago, and was mostly a means for Mao and his wife to consolidate power and remove enemies. All the rhetoric about destroying the four olds was political theater. Cultural Chinese are still quite proud of their history, watching plenty of historical movies and some even sending their children to schools devoted to Confucian thought.

As for the population welcoming freedom from the CCP, nah, not so much... Sure, there is a not insignificant portion of the population that is not happy about the current population, but an equal if not greater portion is fully behind the CCP. The biggest chunk of the population though, is apolitical on a scale most Westerners do not realize. Not so much out of apathy, as out of fatalism. That goes out the window if China gets involved in a conflict, nationalism will kick in big time.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
PRC has been capitalist since the 20th century. The government is still authoritarian. The most communist thing about the PRC is the name of the reigning party, the Chinese Communist Party.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
One of the worst things you can do in warfare or any conflict is underestimate your foe. I'm sure the Chinese are inexperienced but what they do really well is learn quickly and adapt. China today isn't what it was even 20 years ago.

When comparing America and China I see way too many similarities to Germany and Russia. We rely on super high tech weapons, they copy them and make 10 times more. Our military men seem to have a collectively huge level of hubris and look down on them as unworthy and pushovers. In an all out conventional war with us they might, no probably will, get the asses handed to them at first. But to mix metaphors here they have a LOT of asses to replace any they lose.

They can stand a war of attrition both in men and materiel, I don't think we can.

Of course, if it went nuclear it doesn't matter how much stuff you have since almost everybody is dead and the few survivors are puking and losing their hair and getting ready to die a bit later...

THAT'S SCARY!
Cause it could be true.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
[

There's no reason that the same technology couldn't be applied to anti shipping missiles. If they haven't been built, it's only because nobody has decided to. The technology is available for that and much more.

Bristoe; this is one subject I can safely say I am an expert on. First, there ARE supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles. They are all guided with a combination of radar or IR in the terminal phase. Ballistic missiles are as the term implies "ballistic". Now the MIRV warheads can be targeted to different point of aim, but once they are on their terminal phase, they are just that, ballistic. Cruise missiles can of course change course. But that is not the issue. yes, once launched from a relatively short range they will be harder to defeat, but the million dollar issues still remain, targeting (finding) AND getting into range to launch. While a cruise missile can be launched from relatively long distance at a carrier (for example), you have to remember that carrier can move and leave the area WAY before the missile acquires. The fact is, the radar horizon (assuming a cruise missile at 60' above the sea) is only about forty miles. a Carrier strike group has defensive assets extending out to 800 nautical miles, so in essence, the "archer" has to get in close (relatively) to even have a chance, We used to war game this, even with Regimental sized Backfire Bombers coming at us. It's just not that easy as the TV makes it out to be. Taiwan is really a VERY tough nut to crack given their own assets AND the distance to the mainland.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Any way you look at it the Clintons gave, sold, missile technology to the Chinese and they and Obama degraded our military all they possibly could during their sixteen years in office. We are suffering from attrition and the democrat house is happy to strangle the military funding further. I believe we are still the strongest and the brightest star but we're suffering from a thousand cuts.

China has been a leach on our economy for many years now and they have been allowed to steal technology that would have otherwise taken them decades to discover on their own. I wouldn't want to take them for granted. We have witnessed traitors within the upper echelons of our government that are happy to destroy our country for their own ends.

We have a big stick with our economy and that's our only hope at defeating China at their own game. If we opt not to use it we will end up being ruled by them without firing a shot.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 71 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,925
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.