Print Thread
Hop To
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
A gunman in uniform opened fire at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Wednesday afternoon, shooting dead at least two civilians before turning the weapon himself, according to reports.

The incident is said to have taken place at Drydock 2. The military tweeted that it began around 2:30 p.m., local time.

One eyewitness told Hawaii News Now: 'I was at my desk when I heard loud pops, which I recognized as gunshots.

'I looked out of the window and I saw three people on the ground. The shooter, who I assume was a sailor because he was in uniform, shot himself.'

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

See:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rts-active-shooter-multiple-victims.html

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
WTH?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know, ALL guns are strictly prohibited on board naval installations. I wonder how he managed that!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You know, ALL guns are strictly prohibited on board naval installations. I wonder how he managed that!

He disregarded the law.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

ALL guns in Hawaii are strictly regulated to some degree or another. When i first arrived at KBay in the early 80's i was an E4 and 1/3 had just come off float. I spent the better part of a month performing chaser duty to and from KBay to the Pearl Harbor brig, babysitting the chitbirds that had violated the UCMJ from one degree to another while deployed.
I requested a sidearm for said duty and was chastised and ridiculed for making such a suggestion.

I'll wager this shooter was on duty and the US Navy provided him the means and a gun-free environment to carry out his rampage.

Don't worry folks...only the police and military should have firearms...ad nauseam........

Last edited by krupp; 12/05/19.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

He disregarded the law.

noshitsherlock...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hang his sack of schit body from that far light pole in the picture for 3 days.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by krupp

ALL guns in Hawaii are strictly regulated to some degree or another.

Hmmm.. How things have changed... When we were tied up at the Naval facility in Pearl in the late '60s, our topside watches all carried the venerable 1911 in.45ACP..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe he was on topside watch, or an armed watch station of some sort. Getting a handgun or any gun on base would of been difficult. I was in Pearl in '65 and we had armed topside watch. The rest of our Westpac deployment, when we were in ports around the South China Sea, Korea and Taiwan, we had a "turtle deck watch with a rifle. Matter of fact when we were in Japan and Australia were the only time we didn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SS336
Getting a handgun or any gun on base would of been difficult.

Not really, unless you stop and search EVERY vehicle coming on board then you would have the traffic jams from hell. Trust me, on board every base there are HUNDREDS of guns in cars and trucks...

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SS336
Maybe he was on topside watch, or an armed watch station of some sort. Getting a handgun or any gun on base would of been difficult. I was in Pearl in '65 and we had armed topside watch. The rest of our Westpac deployment, when we were in ports around the South China Sea, Korea and Taiwan, we had a "turtle deck watch with a rifle. Matter of fact when we were in Japan and Australia were the only time we didn't.
Were you on the USS Capitaine by any chance?? Seeing your handle immediately reminded me of subs.. I was on the Redfish and Razorback, both visiting Pearl at various times (four in all) and the first time was in early '68...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, I was on the Capitaine. Made her last West Pac in 65 before decommissioning. Great Trip for an 18 year old. Qualified on her as well as became a shellback and a golden shellback. Only claim to fame is that I think we are still the only submarine to dive under the equator and the date line where they cross. No GPS, so old school nav could of been off a little wink Looks like you had an interesting time in boats also. Good times looking back.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I got qualified on the Redfish by about August of '68.. We never made it to AU., dangit.. But I sure saw a lot of Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Japan... I was also still on it when it made its 5,000th dive and surface; just before we got back into San Diego for the last time before decommissioning in Aug. of '68...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sounds like a good cruise to me. We had a lot of the same ports of call, we also had two ports in S. Korea and two in Thailand, But Brisbane at Christmas time was special, not even twenty years after the war, they treated us like the royalty that we weren't. grin You, at least,. stayed in diesels after decommissioning. That's what I wanted, but got new construction on SSBN 656. Quite a difference, and had to qualify all over again. I'm a Plankowner on the Carver, so there is that. Three patrols before I got out in '68.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
PM coming...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Navy Times update..........

The shooter was standing guard duty and used his issued M4 rifle and M9 pistol to carry out the shooting. It has been discovered the suspect had been the focus of a recent Captain's mast.

Only the police and military should have firearms......Plan accordingly.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 57 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.