The 2 biggest problems that I see with QL ,as it comes from the factory, are the Weight Factor setting and the Max overflow setting. Of the two, Weight Factor is the most wacked out. In the Cartridge Dimension area hover your curer over the Weight Factor box and click . A yellow box should come up that tell what it should set at for your cartridge. The lower the number is the more overbore the cartridge. Over Bore is a factor of powder weight to bullet dia. Most of the cartridges are preset to 0.5. One of the most overbored cartridges out there is the 22/06 and the default is at 0.5 It should be set as a 0.33 and the 7STW is defaulted as 0.6 ??? After I reset my 243 Win Weight Factor to 0.45 from 0.55 the number started to fall in line. I just look at the program and they have the 257 Weatherby and the 25-20 Singleshot listed as 0.5. One hold 85gr and the other 20grs. A middle of the road cartridge(0.5) would be a 308 Win. A 45/70 would be a 0.75
The other problem is the Max Case overflow. It is the weight in gr. of water that will fill the case to overflow. Overflow is were there is a half round mound of water on top of the neck. Weight a case. Fill the case to overflow and reweight and the difference is the Max Case overflow in gr. The average weight number needs to be entered in the box. Every time you change to a different batch of cases the Average Max Overflow weight need to be corrected. Ever time you reenter the cartridge the in the SELECTED CARTRIDGE box the two numbers (weight factor and max overflow) need to be reentered. You can permanently change these numbers in the cartriges data file or you can make multiply data files for the same same cartridge. I have 3 different 223 Rem data files that come up. One show 223Rem SAMMI. the others are 223Rem PPU and the other is 223Rem LC18. I hope this helps

Jim Gibson