Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah, the 1-4 ain't a good bet on toughness. Most of the other SWFA's are "rated for 50 cal"....the 1-4 is not. A friend from the campfire told me an interesting story on the 1-4....he had a lightweight AR scoped with the 1-4, AR was standing propped against something, AR slid to the ground, elevation turret pushed INTO the tube....not a massive fall, it slid to the ground from standing.

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Higbean
I have yet to see a reticle I like more on a sub $3,000 scope.

And the glass is very usable imho.

Not 6x Leupold great, but pretty close.

Exactly! I don't have any complaints with my six SWFA "junkers". I don't know what some here expect from glass, but mine guide bullets very well. I guess if you like to drop $1000 plus on scopes that make you feel better, go for it.

The scope in question has had a bad reputation, so if you did not pay attention to that, then it is nobody else's fault but your own.

SWFA will take care of you.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I can't wait for Larry to tell everyone how great pussy is. That should be enough to drive Freddy out of the closet.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No doubt SWFA will treat you right.

When my then-recently-acquired used 20x fell apart they replaced it with a new one. I don't know if it was the new scope or my vision failing me, but I just couldn't use the new 20x...it was very difficult for me to keep the reticle focused. I put it up for sale here and no one wanted it so I used SWFA's trade-in program and selected a 10x. I used it earlier this week and it worked very well for range work. No complaints here.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F

The 1-4 actually was gone from the SWFA site for a while. I had one this spring that did something similar as described in the OP. They told me they couldn't replace it because it was discontinued and gave me credit instead. The 1-4 I originally bought was labeled the "1-4x24 Classic". They are calling this one the "1-4x24 Tactical". Due to the discontinuation, and then bringing it back with a small name change I wondered if they did a small refresh on the design to address the issues, but admit that is 100% guess.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Higbean
Subscribe to Cumminscowboys youtube channel Fred, so he can line you out on all the schit you need.

I can’t afford the C clamps

Duct tape is your friend.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hmmmm ! ? Am I really reading about scopes other than Leupold failing ! Wonder of wonders ! 😁

Last edited by Clynn; 12/28/19.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
I can't wait for Larry to tell everyone how great pussy is. That should be enough to drive Freddy out of the closet.

Just think.
You can tell us how great dik is.....
Surely this will pull you out of the closet.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Girlhunter

Beg and wish all you want GIRL HUNTER, (night stalker) I’m not jumping the fence so you can hold my balls on your chin. 😉 But great try! LMFAO nice new screen name. Rick still have your big hat locked in the basement. Sad 😉

PS who’s Larry?

Last edited by fredIII; 12/28/19.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have 2 3-15x40 SS SFP MOA/MOA that are used I’d trade for a SS 3-9 HD that’s used.
For the guys who like classics and could care less about glass.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by robertham1
I get a pretty good chuckle with the “SWFAs suck” crowd. define “suck”. Keep in mind.... it’s $300...

I have more than a few, and while I understand the glass isn’t the best, I’d take mediocre glass over unreliable function 10/10.

Don’t forget it’s your thread bitching not mine. 😎 I just agreed with you. And the SWFA guys will 100% take care of you those POS scopes probably OEM at 85$ so if they replace it twice they still make money.

Not bitchin whatsoever. Just stating a fact.
Originally Posted by robertham1
I get a pretty good chuckle with the “SWFAs suck” crowd. define “suck”. Keep in mind.... it’s $300...

I have more than a few, and while I understand the glass isn’t the best, I’d take mediocre glass over unreliable function 10/10.

Guess hunting vs looking off ones back deck are different and the classics suck azz I will happily pay 1500+ to scope killing rigs. But if ones experience is play grounds, C clamps and back yards! Bye all means SS away.
The 300 dollar shït sack is still a sack of shït. LOL

I get a kick out of guys talk like they love 300$ shït scopes, then draw a tag after waiting ten years! those guys never show up with a SS scope. But if a 10-22 or over the counter spike deer hunt is the task, SS is fine (I’m a big fan of gophers guns with cheap scopes) how ever I’m not broke enough to use junk or recommend it to others when big game is on the menu.

I think you’re getting me confused with cumincowboys....

My point is people sure get a hard on with the blanket statement “swfas suck”. What you mean is that they’re not ideal for your purposes.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
OP.

No, I know who cumin cowboy is and the joke wasn’t for you in that regard.

I believe you are correct that the classics are not ideal for my intended purpose/use. I buy scopes to hunt and low light performance is a must. Just holding a place on a safe queen not so much. So yes they don’t fulfill my needs. It’s gray and rainy 75% of the time here in coastal WA and the classics are not even on my top 10 list.

But I would happily prove it and swap someone out of their 3-9 hd, like I offered above.

Girl hunter may even sweeten the deal with a back rub for the lucky owner of two classics 3-15’s.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have 2 3-15x40 SS SFP MOA/MOA that are used I’d trade for a SS 3-9 HD that’s used.

1100 looks and not one taker speaks volumes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "guru" says the Illuminati (aka) swfa 1-4 is da shizzle....... and if you disagree you are a cross eyed drooling dumbfuk.... couch dweller , running imagination pretend as your only play... ha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by irfubar
The "guru" says the Illuminati (aka) swfa 1-4 is da shizzle....... and if you disagree you are a cross eyed drooling dumbfuk.... couch dweller , running imagination pretend as your only play... ha

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Some consider them assists. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaa

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Some consider them assists. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaa

That illuminated reticle is da bomb for poachin deer at night..... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I saw that but didn't think anything of it. Must be recently they brought them back. Earlier this yr they you couldn't get one.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fred, you get all the hot chicks!...Girlhunter jumping up and down, Screaming at you, “I Love You”.....”I want you inside me”...Crying here....
😎

Edited for the purpose of innernet accuracy. 🖕🏿🖕🖕🏾🤜🏼

quote=Girlhunter]I can't wait for Larry to tell everyone how great pussy is. That should be enough to drive Freddy out of the closet.[/quote]

Last edited by Beaver10; 12/28/19.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

1100 looks and not one taker speaks volumes.

Bet if’n it were MILs....you wouldn’t have an issue.... grin...

Slobber cleanup it aisle 2 please!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 44 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,107
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.