-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I’m in Union County and we have a great Sheriff here. Hoping the resolution passes. Have a number of NYC former police officers on the local town police force that is concerning....aggressive stops with two cars etc...

It’s nice to see 2A amendment issues getting out in front instead of reacting and defending. We will always be defending.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a BIL that has a house in Madison, they may not be shaded in ,but I would to be the LE that goes there to take guns.

Asheville, well they can have it, there probably not enough guns there now to mess with since BHO bought land there.Think Steers, Queers, and Demos.

I grew up 5 miles from the Anson, and Scotland line in SC . I am surprised they haven't made the move.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I heard that a county in Florida and one in Pennsylvania have become 2A sanctuary counties.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am in a back woods county, Madison, which has the reputation of having the hillbilliest hillbillies of the entire state of NC. I wonder if we will declare ourselves a sanctuary?

I know Madison County. I don't think they have to declare it. It just goes without saying THERE.

Mike

It might go without saying but you still need it on paper and official.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My county became a 2A sanctuary last night....Stanly Co NC..

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
ADD IREDELL COUNTY TO THE LIST!! Unanimous approval at last night commissioners meeting!

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Counties in green have passed a 2A resolution

Counties in yellow have 2A resolution meetings pending , except for Pamlico which turned green just a little while ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mike

The map's not showing all the "green" counties.
https://www.wnct.com/local-news/craven-county-passes-resolution-to-protect-second-amendment-rights/

"NEW BERN, N.C. (WNCT) — More leaders in counties across North Carolina are voting to become a ‘Second Amendment Refuge.’

Craven County is joining that growing list of counties here in the East including Beaufort, Jones, Pamlico, Pitt, and Wayne counties.

According to media reports and government documents, 40 counties across the state have declared themselves as Second Amendment Sanctuaries.

WNCT spoke with folks in Craven County who said they support Second Amendment protections.

They also said they don’t really see the point of passing a ceremonial resolution like this one.

Monday night, people packed into the Craven County Commissioners meeting.

Members of the board passed a measure that supports every citizen’s right to bear arms and says it will take all necessary steps to ensure legislative bodies don’t infringe on their rights.

One County Commissioner said he was skeptical when the idea was first brought up after Pamlico County voted on a similar measure, and wasn’t sure if it was the best thing for Craven County.

“The one from Pamlico County seemed to have added material on it. When I found out I told the County Manager I would not support it because it’s not what the Second Amendment is all about,” said Johnnie Sampson Jr.

Sampson also said he ultimately was in support of the measure because he took an oath to uphold the law, and he believes the resolution assists in that effort."

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a more current map. If I counted right it's 44 counties now , 44 of 100.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yancey County will consider a resolution this month. Its expected to pass 3-2.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
ADD IREDELL COUNTY TO THE LIST!! Unanimous approval at last night commissioners meeting!

Awesome!!! Thanks for letting us know. I grew up in Iredell.

IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
How close are the population centers in NC to overpowering the rest of the state with their liberal ideas....similar to what recently happened in VA? My wife and I are planning to move out of VA. I live a stones throw from the NC state line (Rockingham County) or we may opt for my home state of TN.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I ca
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
How close are the population centers in NC to overpowering the rest of the state with their liberal ideas....similar to what recently happened in VA? My wife and I are planning to move out of VA. I live a stones throw from the NC state line (Rockingham County) or we may opt for my home state of TN.

I can’t answer your question. Maybe some others on here can. What I can tell you is, portions of the state are being inundated with folks from other regions of the country, mainly from the northeast. They are changing our state culturally and politically. It is a very sad and unfortunate situation. I really miss what I call “old Carolina”. It still exists in areas, but it is certainly shrinking. Luckily, this isn’t happening everywhere. The suburban areas of Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro etc. belong to the transients now. frown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Right now there is a Republican majority in the state legislature that is holding a lot of the liberal BS at bay. We have a blithering idiot democrat for a governor.

The big population centers and transplants from places like NY, NJ, and CA are changing the political landscape.

We are about one election away from going the way of VA.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What's going on with Jackson and Swain?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
At a tipping point. We will learn more in November.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Right now there is a Republican majority in the state legislature that is holding a lot of the liberal BS at bay. We have a blithering idiot democrat for a governor.

The big population centers and transplants from places like NY, NJ, and CA are changing the political landscape.

We are about one election away from going the way of VA.

Kind of what I was afraid of.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm in Forsyth right at the edge of Davidson. I doubt that Guilford will go green and Forsyth seems to be more politically attached to Guilford.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yancey County adopted a 2-A Sanctuary Resolution 4-1 last evening. Mitchell County passed their resolution on 2/3/2020.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am in a back woods county, Madison, which has the reputation of having the hillbilliest hillbillies of the entire state of NC. I wonder if we will declare ourselves a sanctuary?

They just did.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Roseau County, MN where NDave and I reside just became the first one in Minnesota. It looks to be spreading like wildfire in our state as well.

It will probably just mean more court battles when it comes to it but at least we have current precedent to lean on.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.