Print Thread
Hop To
C
ChuckKY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I bought a Sig 365xl today and I'm looking for an OWB leather holster with straps and snaps. I have to remove my handgun in my truck when I get to work every night and find this setup the best for me. I'm not having a lot of luck finding much available and thought someone here might have already crossed this bridge and thought I would ask here. Got good results from the more knowledgeable folks here in the past. Thanks in advance for any input.

Chuck.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Milt Sparks leather holsters for the 1911 Commanders fit the P365 frames. Other makers’ 1911 leather holsters may work as well but I have no experience with them.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Very interested to see your review on that gun.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
ChuckKY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Very interested to see your review on that gun.

I have been waiting for the XL to come out with the manual safety for a while. I don't think it is listed in their website yet, but to my surprise I found one at my LGS yesterday. They may have been out for a while, I don't know. This was the first one I could get my hands on. It has a beveled magazine and a better feel in my hands than the 365 with the 12 round magazine in it. Sights shot to point of aim this morning with 115 gr ball ammo. It grouped pretty much as Jim talked about his did, very easy to hit with for a small gun. No malfunctions with about 100 rounds thru it this morning. I just like manual safety guns as I carry between 1911s, P938 and a manual S&W Shield 9. I try to keep pull, swipe safety and presentation the same even though the triggers may be different. Works so far for me. Very impressed with 365XL so far, feels better in my hand than the Shield and easy to shoot than the the P938 because of difference in size I think. Money well spent I think, at least that is always what I tell myself. I also liked the beavertail grip option with the XL, makes it easier to repeat grip hold with me without having to think about it. Also no firing pin drag marks with the longer XL.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The only one I can recommend for easy on/off in a vehicle is the carjacker. May not be what you like but I have 2 and they work just dandy.
http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

Swifty
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the report, glad you like your new gun!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the report, ChuckKY. I have an interest in the 365 XL, also. SO, I went to LGS today and tested both the 365 and the 365 XL in my Milt Sparks VersaMax II IWB holster I had made for a Kahr PM9 15 years ago. They both fit. The XL barrel sticks out just a hair.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So, if you or one of your friends has a Khar holster hanging around, it could possibly work for you with your 365 XL.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lucked into a Ritchie CQ-QR on the classifieds today for a Shield and I was reminded what a nice holster they make. Not the cheapest option, but it's just what you're looking for.

Ritchie CQ-QR

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
C
ChuckKY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JOG
I lucked into a Ritchie CQ-QR on the classifieds today for a Shield and I was reminded what a nice holster they make. Not the cheapest option, but it's just what you're looking for.

Ritchie CQ-QR

Yep, that looks exactly like I'm looking for. I plan on calling them today and see if they can make me one. I have been using Defensive Line Leather holsters for a while now, but believe they may now be out of business. It looks a lot like Ritchie's holster. Appreciate the head's up.

As a follow up, I got a holster and mag pouch on order this morning from Ritchie over the phone. Again, I appreciate the responses and feedback.

Chuck.

Last edited by ChuckKY; 02/25/20.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You dog, what's the lead time?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

C
ChuckKY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JOG
You dog, what's the lead time?

On the phone he stated about 3 weeks, but said it may be sooner. I ordered the holster you referenced and also a single strap and snap magazine pouch. He said when card was charged, he will be starting on leather work. Thanks again for the head's up.

Chuck

C
ChuckKY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I got my Ritchie CQ-QR with sweat shield and a snap on magazine holder in the mail today. Been wearing it most of the day and it feels like it is already broke in. Recommend it if anyone looking for a snap and strap OWB holster. Nice that you don't have to thread belt thru holster every time you put it on and off. It was cut for the 365 XL and the muzzle is about an 1/8th" from end of holster and open, perfect fit.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pic?

Robert Frost

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 1minute, 257Bob, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 15,251 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,144
Posts18,542,523
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.