-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just traveled from the west to Florida by way of tx, la, ms, al. Started off in an urban area with plenty of people, mostly women, wound up real tight and on the verge of panic. All that panic behavior i see wherever i pass a teevee on a news channel is displayed on the ground.

The contrast with rural parts can not be missed. No women on the edge, even saw TP at the stop and rob.

Arrive fl and where i am staying has cable. No wonder some folks are nuts. News channels trumpeting panic. Then i saw a couple entertainmwnt channels. What sewage. Glad we were too poor we had to cut cable teevee nigh on 20 years ago. Toss in the antiwhite commercials and the pervert fggotry promotion and i think it is way past time to burn that industry to the ground.

Read james lafond last week. He was responding to a questioner who asked how he got where he was, viewpoint wise. Lafond cited cutting the cable due to poverty. After a year he noted he had completely different notions relative to the teevee watchers.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s been a crazy few days. First all the Coronavirus stuff. Then just as that was happening and all the runs on all the stores and everything, wake up yesterday morning and there is NO WATER pressure. Turns out a 30 inch main broke and just like that 100,000 people had no water. It really gave yesterday an apocalyptic sort of feeling.

Sort of funny to wake up this morning and the world is going on as usual.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
http://www.jameslafond.com/article.php?id=12039

"2012: I realized that my first year living without a TV had seriously altered my perspective to a point of extreme deviation from the norm. I lost friends and was even disinvited to Thanksgiving dinner by my mother so that my ex-wife would not be offended by my toxic presence."

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t watch TV when Wifey is gone. I’d be fine without one!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jfruser
http://www.jameslafond.com/article.php?id=12039

"2012: I realized that my first year living without a TV had seriously altered my perspective to a point of extreme deviation from the norm. I lost friends and was even disinvited to Thanksgiving dinner by my mother so that my ex-wife would not be offended by my toxic presence."

Wow.

I cut the cable back in 2007, or there abouts.....Maybe that's part of why I've so mis-estimated how people would respond to this?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watch as little TV as possible, maybe Blue Bloods, local news, documentaries. But today, watching the mass-media morons try to hook their Pulitzer to Wuhan disease was nearly a breaking point. The higher you get in journalism, the less oxygen your brain can use. F-ing m o r o n s.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 14,285 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,222
Posts18,543,872
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.