Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Current status. Fresh piglet.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Pit Boss 4 series, I have the same one and friggin love it.

Piglet looks tasty.

I’m not even sure what model it is. Wife picked it up at an end of year blowout for $200. Did the sane with a big Pit Boss ceramic the year before at a drastic discount.

I don’t think I get as much smoke as some other cookers I use, but the set it and forget it sure is nice.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fgold767
Wife hit Wally world neighborhood thing on way home from Dr little while ago and said it looked like the end of the world..no fresh meat at all...no rice...etc. This is crazy. My son works in media for pharmaceuticals and just told us there is rumor of a 14 day quarantine for the entire country. WTF????? Who is gonna feed the hood rats???? I try not to wear a tin foil hat but this is just un..real........Are they gonna tell my cancer cells that are getting radiated 5 days a week for another 4 weeks that they get to live for another 14 days? What they need to shut down is the news media.

Was just there a little while ago. Looks like those old pictures of food stores in the Soviet Union with no food on the shelves

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
Wife hit Wally world neighborhood thing on way home from Dr little while ago and said it looked like the end of the world..no fresh meat at all...no rice...etc. This is crazy. My son works in media for pharmaceuticals and just told us there is rumor of a 14 day quarantine for the entire country. WTF????? Who is gonna feed the hood rats???? I try not to wear a tin foil hat but this is just un..real........Are they gonna tell my cancer cells that are getting radiated 5 days a week for another 4 weeks that they get to live for another 14 days? What they need to shut down is the news media.

Was just there a little while ago. Looks like those old pictures of food stores in the Soviet Union with no food on the shelves

Exactly. And the lines where Soviet citizens would wait to pick up their weekly ration of toilet paper. We used to make fun of the Soviet Union for such things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun

Exactly. And the lines where Soviet citizens would wait to pick up their weekly ration of toilet paper. We used to make fun of the Soviet Union for such things.

We have met the enemy and they are us

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stopped at our local Costco this afternoon, no crowds and plenty of meat, the only thing out of stock was TP. I did pick up paper towels and eggs which were limited one pack per customer.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
couldn't find corned beef anywhere.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter
couldn't find corned beef anywhere.

Plenty here at the store today. Gas was $2.08.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
the beef section was stocked today when I went. I picked up 2 roasts, other than a hamburger I haven't had beef in a month. I am looking forward to this.

Maybe I hit it at the right time, I wouldn't be suprised if its cleaned out by now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

You have to share pics of the finished product.

Bowl full of piglet goodness

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Looks very good. Serve it with cold slaw and sweet BBQ sauce on a bun. What time shall I come over?

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

You have to share pics of the finished product.

Bowl full of piglet goodness

👍👍

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't been to a grocery store in 4 days. Probably be another 4 before I think about going again. Seems like a hell of a lot of people are going every fugging day. For what to take pics of bare shelves and post it on social media? To get that last case of TP you just know is out there somewhere to make it an even 10 in the pantry? To buy any meat you see weather you want it or not just to freezer burn with the rest of your stash? Its beyond stupid.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Our Sam's club and Walmart stores were completely out of ground meat/steaks, eggs and milk.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
There's always hunting and fishing.

One would get a LOT more for a LOT less calling up a local cattle producer, buying whatever cow/calf/steer/bull he/she wanted to sell.

Make gutting/skinning/hanging for a week or 2 part of the deal, show up with a pickup load of coolers 10-14 days post-slaughter with a bunch of sharp knives and a vacuum sealer.

Get a bunch of neighbors together and grind a giant old bull 100% into hamburger.

So true. Figure, what 2% of the general population could do it, or knows someone who can.

Urban skill sets aren't all that helpful.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
No meat shortage here in North FL. Grocery shopping yesterday. Shelves were not bare, but not fully stocked either

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Wife went to three markets, and there is no fresh or frozen meat in any. People are going crazy.

I have some OLD elk meat in the freezer and more recent deer and antelope...a couple of pheasant and sagehen. I paid through the nose for some kidney beans and black beans and got 6 lbs of chili powder.

You and I have a huge population of feral meat on the hoof. Never had horse but I have always considered it one of my back up plans...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
What I’ve seen is people buying burger in quantities. Not a bad idea with everything that’s going on. I still cannot believe all of the closings of stores and restaurants, schools and daycares.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We bought 100 lbs of hamburger about two weeks ago, just in case.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Counted 14 deer and 135 cows from my back porch this morning, I don't believe there's a meat shortage.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
be a vegan

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,121
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.