Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
CJW Offline
C
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Oil has done that for a lot of countries, not just theirs.

I’ve spent some good time in Dubai.

I’ll say again that folks here have no idea of what Saeed has done for some of our military guys and on his nickel.

Saeed also flew a Air Emirates 747 loaded with relief supplies to Indonesia during the tsunami event and more than one plane full.

The boneheads and the thin skinned don’t belong on AR. The Political Forum is a meat grinder of sorts, all of the rest is good reading and info. You don’t have to love or even like Saeed, Don or Walter to enjoy the good stuff there.

Again, I’m not a member, just an interested reader.

Saeed has access to what, billions of dollars? It's not like he's a self made man. He was born with a bank account and spends it as he wishes. I would help people all across the world with cargo planes full of supplies too if I had the limitless resources he has. I can appreciate what he does for some people but it isn't like you or I giving money to charity that we actually earned.

His anti-American/west bigotry mixed with his happy fourth of July banners and gifts to soldiers and such is just weird to me. It's like he's the guy who offers you a hand up after you've fallen and then pushes you back down just to laugh at you. And anytime you ask what his motive is he won't answer. He is a different cat and not in touch with the real world. Living that kind of life in a country like that how could you be?

I don't like anybody who runs that site or his nut huggers but the content is worth searching for and I have told him as such. The ph's and outfitters on the site are also world class but I wish I would see more of them on other sites because AR is going down the [bleep]. Just go look at how many people are logged on at any one time. A mere shadow of it's former self. 15 years ago it was packed with people every day all day.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CJW

Oil has done that for a lot of countries, not just theirs.

I’ve spent some good time in Dubai.

I’ll say again that folks here have no idea of what Saeed has done for some of our military guys and on his nickel.

Saeed also flew a Air Emirates 747 loaded with relief supplies to Indonesia during the tsunami event and more than one plane full.

The boneheads and the thin skinned don’t belong on AR. The Political Forum is a meat grinder of sorts, all of the rest is good reading and info. You don’t have to love or even like Saeed, Don or Walter to enjoy the good stuff there.

Again, I’m not a member, just an interested reader.

Saeed has access to what, billions of dollars? It's not like he's a self made man. He was born with a bank account and spends it as he wishes. I would help people all across the world with cargo planes full of supplies too if I had the limitless resources he has. I can appreciate what he does for some people but it isn't like you or I giving money to charity that we actually earned.

His anti-American/west bigotry mixed with his happy fourth of July banners and gifts to soldiers and such is just weird to me. It's like he's the guy who offers you a hand up after you've fallen and then pushes you back down just to laugh at you. And anytime you ask what his motive is he won't answer. He is a different cat and not in touch with the real world. Living that kind of life in a country like that how could you be?

I don't like anybody who runs that site or his nut huggers but the content is worth searching for and I have told him as such. The ph's and outfitters on the site are also world class but I wish I would see more of them on other sites because AR is going down the [bleep]. Just go look at how many people are logged on at any one time. A mere shadow of it's former self. 15 years ago it was packed with people every day all day.

I’m in league with what you’ve said here. The content is worth the read. You’re not required to love anyone there. As Saeed covers all expenses and receives no revenue you’re not a patron as such there as you are here at The Campfire.

Nuff said.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm shocked that anyone would put in a good word for that pint sized, anti American, muzzy. He's a piece of trash.

Spot on JG, Not sure how you can disassociate the owner from the site. One and the same.

You disassociate Rick Bin from paddler, sacharlie, Leroy beans, etc.? ?

Is Rick posting alongside in solidarity with their views? Give me a break toot.

No.
But you are, we all are.
Right in there amongst them.

But that’s different, ain’t it, JM ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Follow the money.
9.1 Billion invested by China into UAE in 2017.
China currently investing heavily in UAE to create their new "Silk Road".
I am sure Saeed would not insult China and put at risk the work his uncle, Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has done courting Chinese investments.
Can't support Trump's handling of Wuflu without insulting China.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/mohammad-b...e-china-investment-deals-1.1556286724883
https://gulfnews.com/business/sheikh-mohammeds-china-visit-to-boost-economic-cooperation-1.65301824
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeed_bin_Maktoum_bin_Rashid_Al_Maktoum

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I've always liked that site. Good people over there and Saeed is a good guy too.

Then we differ as I cannot stand the site, it is as touchy-feelie and left leaning as those twits on rimfirecentral.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Follow the money.
9.1 Billion invested by China into UAE in 2017.
I am sure Saeed would not insult China and put at risk the work his uncle, Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has done courting Chinese investments.
Can't support Trump's handling of Wuflu without insulting China.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/mohammad-b...e-china-investment-deals-1.1556286724883
https://gulfnews.com/business/sheikh-mohammeds-china-visit-to-boost-economic-cooperation-1.65301824
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeed_bin_Maktoum_bin_Rashid_Al_Maktoum

Let the virus hit the UAE and we’ll see.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The virus is there.
Will be interesting to see how they handle it.
Much easier to control the population when the country is not a Democratic Republic with the other political party blocking every effort to control spread of the virus.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The virus is there.
Will be interesting to see how they handle it.
Much easier to control the population when the country is not a Democratic Republic with the other political party blocking every effort to control spread of the virus.

Haven’t heard about that and a good friend is there now doing well intervention consultant work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1024 cases confirmed, 8 deaths as of 4.01.20

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
1024 cases confirmed, 8 deaths as of 4.01.20

His home is in the Tyler, Texas area. He might have a problem getting back home anytime soon.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
US State Dept is doing their best to get people home. If he wants to get home, he needs to call the US Consulate NOW! A friend is stuck in the Ukraine because he didn't keep in touch with the Consulate and may have missed last evacuation flight, Consulate is trying to put one last flight together but if he misses that one he may be stuck in Ukraine for quite a while.
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/corona...ts-closed-to-contain-coronavirus-spread-
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/corona...ave-move-permit-but-got-flashed-by-radar

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about Saeed being an asshat.......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
US State Dept is doing their best to get people home. If he wants to get home, he needs to call the US Consulate NOW! A friend is stuck in the Ukraine because he didn't keep in touch with the Consulate and may have missed last evacuation flight, Consulate is trying to put one last flight together but if he misses that one he may be stuck in Ukraine for quite a while.
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/corona...ts-closed-to-contain-coronavirus-spread-
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/corona...ave-move-permit-but-got-flashed-by-radar

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about Saeed being an asshat.......

Good info and much appreciate it.

He emailed and said that he has at least 4 more weeks of work ahead of him. Hopefully this thing will begin to ebb there and worldwide. I wouldn’t bet on that at this point.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish him the best on getting home, hopefully his company has transport available when needed. UAE is under totalitarian lock down and doesn't sound like a fun place to cool your heels for an extended period of time.

From State Dept-
The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...lobal-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
There's nothing on that muzzy/libtard site that a guy can't learn and find out somewhere else. The place is full of cowards.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, [bleep] those clowns over there. If it was an April Fools joke, why is it still up? And Old Twat can [bleep] off right along with them.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider
There's nothing on that muzzy/libtard site that a guy can't learn and find out somewhere else. The place is full of cowards.

I’ve yet to see of any cowards there, JG.

You’re probably talking about the political forum ?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah - anyone who supports that guy and that site has some issues...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Yeah, [bleep] those clowns over there. If it was an April Fools joke, why is it still up? And Old Twat can [bleep] off right along with them.

You can kiss Ole Twat’s twat. Little brown spot right in the middle.

Let me know when you’re appointed moderator here. I’ll run for cover. Until then,,,,ufffuuuccckkkoff and be quick about.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GregW
Yeah - anyone who supports that guy and that site has some issues...

Can’t support what receives no support.

Hey, I read the newspaper too and I pay for that liberal run rag.

Jus sayin.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You support by visiting it...

Justify however you see fit but I don't get it and it's a bad look...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.