Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nobody is suggesting you can't, or shouldn't, ask questions or ask for pics. Your 'I'll take it' hinges on those answers/pics, though. If the post after yours is a clear 'I'll take it' minus any stipulations, why shouldn't the seller take the sure thing ?

Last edited by NH K9; 04/09/20.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Glad you,like buying a "Pig in a Polk" for myself I will not do it. I'll pass.

Sorry, but the expression is" buying a pig in a poke" a poke is a sack. The expression means buying something thing unseen, and relying upon the seller for the truth. Often times, the "pig" turned out to be a cat or puppy, and not the dinner item it was supposed to be. That would be WHY this expression relates to the trustworthiness of the seller.
Goods do not change hands, without an exchange of value. That widget remains the property of the widget salesman, until payment is rendered (the bill is paid), then property changes hands. If you send product without payment in hand, you are relying on faith, not fact.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
Nobody is suggesting you can't, or shouldn't, ask questions or ask for pics. Your 'I'll take it' hinges on those answers/pics, though. If the post after yours is a clear 'I'll take it' minus any stipulations, why shouldn't the seller take the sure thing ?

I lost a little 308 Kimber Montana here one night with an i'll take it, only to be informed I was late, he had received a pm i'll take it just minutes before my post, it's all good, I didn't get bent.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There are people on here I wouldn't question, I'd ship right after an I'll take it. A newby with only a few posts I'm gonna wait for the money. As far as I'm concerned a personal check is the way to go. If you're not completely comfortable with the buyer hold the merchandise until it clears. I dont know what the big hang up about USPS money orders is, if one gets lost in the mail it's a big PITA, a personal check you just stop payment on the SOB and send another one.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by gunner500

I lost a little 308 Kimber Montana here one night with an i'll take it, only to be informed I was late, he had received a pm i'll take it just minutes before my post, it's all good, I didn't get bent.

It's only 'stuff'.
I've been lucky on both sides of the classifieds here: nothing but good folks buying and selling.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

It's only 'stuff'.
I've been lucky on both sides of the classifieds here: nothing but good folks buying and selling.

Same here my Friend, the squirrely ones go on ignore so I wont forget and try to buy from them, I don't want any damn trouble.

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mirage243
Something has been grating on my nerves lately. When I post something for sale in the classifieds, and a member who has been here more than 5 minutes says he'll take it. I box the sheit up and send it to him. Many of you can attest to that. Why is it that no one will take a check, only want a money order, and then wait on money order to clear the bank, then they'll send you your [bleep]. I've never understood why the seller is the trusted one, and the buyer is the shady one.

Now I understand.
Thanks.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
This has absoulutely NOTHING to do with conditions. I posted an "I'll take it" followed up with an immediate PM, then got all the conditions. Even agreed to them, then was told I wouldn't be sold to because I had a bad attitude. You need to hold a money order till it clears the bank from a long time member here for 60 bucks, you don't need to be selling sheit.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Do you need 460 S&W or WBY brass buddy?

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well we all pay our money and take our chances. Put something up for sale and look for a decent buyer. Perhaps my thoughts and conditions are different than others.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Don't come in here fuqkin up another one of my threads you gotdamn idiot.

Well, I gave you 30 minutes to see if you were man enough to apologize for lying about me ruining your other thread.

Being how you obviously aren't "man enough", here is the link that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, you are a baldfaced LIAR for accusing me of ruining your other thread. The quotes at the bottom shows who started the trolling in that thread, and ruined your thread, when I was contributing great information before they ruined it.

You have no credibility whatsoever, and you just proved your word is worthless, being you outright lied about me.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../14668160/re-dow-is-phuqked#Post14668160

I didn't bother reading your soap opera, but I'll fill you in on something. Mirage243 is a stand up guy that will do whatever he can for someone. He'll also spit in your eye if your a dick head, choose carefully . Cheers

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Gunner, thanks for the offer. Another fine member has brass on the way to me as we speak. I appreciate it. I just got off the rails a little bit. There are such a fine group of people here, just struck me wrong tonight.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Gunner, thanks for the offer. Another fine member has brass on the way to me as we speak. I appreciate it. I just got off the rails a little bit. There are such a fine group of people here, just struck me wrong tonight.

Yo welcome Buddy, no harm no foul here, the damn cv's got everyone wound tight, me included.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Because if I'm selling something, it's MINE, I paid MY good money for it, and will not release it until I have been paid for it, since it's STILL MINE.

AND, since it's MINE, I get to stipulate the terms of the sale.

AND, seeing how it's MINE, if I don't like you, you can't buy it for any amount. I sell it to whom I want, for what I decide I will sell it for, under terms I decide, since, IT'S MINE.

If it's YOURS, guess what? YOU get to decide all that sheit. But it ain't, it's MINE. So I decide.

And yes, I've shipped many itmes before the money arrives, but not to jackwagons.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Been crossed a couple times with bad checks, or folks not following through on a payment schedule. One has a little sway in a local community, but have a transaction that crosses state lines, and it has to be really big bucks for one to endure the expense of going through the legal system. I'm not struggling from one check to the other, but a loss of some hardware worth a couple hundred is still significant.

I'm sure many remember the good ole days when one filled his tank and then paid. Locally, with known entities, we still work that way here. If one is on the road, however, with cash, he pays and then they fill our tank. With our cards being inserted first, the seller always gets paid.

Sadly, being a long time member here is not a reference I'd put much faith in.

My saving grace is that mostly I don't sell stuff.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/09/20.

1Minute
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Because if I'm selling something, it's MINE, I paid MY good money for it, and will not release it until I have been paid for it, since it's STILL MINE.

AND, since it's MINE, I get to stipulate the terms of the sale.

AND, seeing how it's MINE, if I don't like you, you can't buy it for any amount. I sell it to whom I want, for what I decide I will sell it for, under terms I decide, since, IT'S MINE.

If it's YOURS, guess what? YOU get to decide all that sheit. But it ain't, it's MINE. So I decide.

And yes, I've shipped many itmes before the money arrives, but not to jackwagons.

And so is the money, it's "Mine" also. Are you inferring that I'm a "Jackwagon"? And, are you inferring that I asked anyone to ship anything before it was paid for?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've bought and sold stuff on this site and a few others. If I'm selling I mail the goods as soon as the buyer advises me that he mailed the funds. If I'm the buyer I don't expect that. The only place that I have been burned was when the Wife sold a beer mug on fuggin face book! I hope it got broke in shipping!!!

The "I'll take it" thing is a slippery slope. I would have a hard time selling something out from under a potential buyer wanting to ask a question or wanting more pictures. But I do say that the first "I'll take it" gets it.

lightman
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I didn't bother reading your soap opera, but I'll fill you in on something. Mirage243 is a stand up guy that will do whatever he can for someone. He'll also spit in your eye if your a dick head, choose carefully . Cheers

Trolls never do want to read the true facts, that's why they're trolls, like you.

You can cover for your LYING friend all you want to, but "stand up guy" is not the description of somebody who outright lies about someone, like he has continually done concerning me, especially when he has zero evidence supporting his LYING.

That's not just a troll, that's a damn fool, who does not realize they are making a fool of them self.

Now go on and tell me I have no right to point out these lies made about me. That is you trolls / closet democrats next play in your book.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 04/09/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just received a personal check from Bristoe without issue. He received the scope before I received the check, that arrived today. I have another check incoming from El Paso for a couple of bottles of Tabasco sauce that a member requested without worry. I have had one fail in hundreds of deals so have zero worries forward. With the one fail, well so it goes....

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's the same reason Mcdonalds only gives you your Big Mac AFTER you give them your money. Right or wrong, that's the world we live in.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.