Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
Say you lhad to live in Denver, CO on a barely six figure income. What do you think about your prospects for quality of life, raising kids? Get much hunting or fishing in on weekends?

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Pretty tough unless you commute and live way to the East of there. Colorado got invaded by California.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Okay, here goes-
I lived near Denver, and worked in downtown Denver, for many years- no more, thankfully. So, if you:

1. Don't mind being in a stronghold of California-style liberalism,
2. Don't mind the homeless and panhandlers downtown who have turned much of it into a tent city,
3. Don't mind riding on public transportation that smells of urine and unbathed bodies,
4. Do not intend to go downtown after dark to a restaurant,
5. Don't mind endless traffic in rush hour, made worse in the winter,
6. Don't mind driving for many miles to find a crowded shooting range,
7. Don;t mind the higher crime, gangs, etc. that go along with large urban areas,

then Denver is the place!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
From what it was to what it now is has been a quantum leap,,,,,down.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Say you lhad to live in Denver, CO on a barely six figure income. What do you think about your prospects for quality of life, raising kids? Get much hunting or fishing in on weekends?

A lifelong friend of mine who used to be a solid conservative, moved to Denver a few years ago, and now we can't even talk to him. He denies it all day but he's a cool aid mainlining liberal and I'm pretty sure he has a vagina now.

With that said, I am surrounded by progressive idiots where I am. The difference is that they all hate me so I take that as a compliment.

I'm sure you can find some good people there but they're becoming a minority.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 04/17/20.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s a big city. And it has all of the amenities of any big city. And it has all of the drawbacks of any big city. But, you can be in some fantastic mountain country within a very short period of time, unlike most big cities. The more time you spend outdoors, in the beautiful country that ‘is’ readily available, the better your quality of life will be...for you, your wife (if you have one), and your kids. No matter where you are, how you look at it is pretty much how you’ll see it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They have a beautiful brown cloud you can actually suck on.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Your first language will be Spanish.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know you could live in one of the bedroom cities south of Denver along the I-25 corridor, say Castle Rock or Larkspur, and cummute, then it might be OK. Specially if you will be working in the tech center, which is on the south side of the metro area.

I commuted from Colorado Springs to Lakewood for eight months. That's too far. But half the distance wouldn't be that bad. There are no hunting and very few fishing opportunities in the Denver metro area. You will have to drive to play from most any of the cities. I live in Colorado Springs and I drive to play. So it would be the same for you.

BTW you will look west to the mountains when you first get here. That's only natural. But remember that I told you to eventually look east to the plains. You can hunt antelope, mule deer, whitetail deer, pheasants, quail, and turkey, on the plains east of the Front Range.

Last edited by KC; 04/17/20.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by watch4bear
They have a beautiful brown cloud you can actually suck on.

Not any more.

Once again you are about 20 years out of date.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Okay, here goes-
I lived near Denver, and worked in downtown Denver, for many years- no more, thankfully. So, if you:

1. Don't mind being in a stronghold of California-style liberalism,
2. Don't mind the homeless and panhandlers downtown who have turned much of it into a tent city,
3. Don't mind riding on public transportation that smells of urine and unbathed bodies,
4. Do not intend to go downtown after dark to a restaurant,
5. Don't mind endless traffic in rush hour, made worse in the winter,
6. Don't mind driving for many miles to find a crowded shooting range,
7. Don;t mind the higher crime, gangs, etc. that go along with large urban areas,

then Denver is the place!

I'm a Denver native, and I agree.

Add:
Two seasons on the Front Range winter and construction.
Traffic jams going into the mountains on Friday night and Saturday morning.
Traffic jams coming from the mountains all day on Sundays.
If you happen to meet the rare native, the first question is "Where did you go to school?". If you reply with a college, you're not a native. The question refers to high school.
Boulder is known as the "People's Republic of Boulder".
Douglas County is better than most of the front range.
Stay far away from Sheridan, Westminster, Commerce City, Denver, Morrison, and Boulder.
Colorado Rockies baseball has more people rooting for the visiting team.
My hometown is dying on the vine. Sad.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Where is your work based in Denver (more like tech center, or more like Westminster?) What is your willingness to commute? What critters do you like to hunt?

That might help us help you.

The traffic IS bad. Actual downtown Denver has a homeless issue and a bunch of libs.

Weather is great, hunting can be good, lots of good people too.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Can't disagree with anything anyone here has said.

However, to answer your questions, by living in the suburbs of Denver, whether north, south, or east, the quality of life can be very good. You just need to stay out of the city and off the interstates so you don't haveto deal with the liberal city pukes or the traffic. There are some very good schools and a lot of charter and private schools where your kids can get an excellent education. Lots of good activities for kids as well. Of course, you have to keep in mind that the State and local governments are predominantly liberal. It never used to be that way, but now it is reality.

As for hunting or fishing on the weekends, it can be done, but it is a pain in the a**. You'll spend a lot of time driving and sitting in traffic, since as others have said, the weekend traffic on I-70 heading west at the start of the weekend and heading east at the end of the weekend is horrific. Your actual time to hunt and fish will be minimal. If you can swing three day weekends or even four day weekends then it isn't too bad and gives you more time to actually hunt or fish. The main point being that there isn't much that is very close, especially for hunting. You need to get a minimum of about 2 hours away and more like 3 hours away to have any hope of decent hunting on public land and even then it won't be that good. Private land is a different story.

Good luck to you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Denver is a schithole. Not a joo york schithole or an LA schithole but a schithole none the less.
if you like being on the road with intoxicated and stoned drivers yer headed the right direction.
if you like trashy roadsides , heroin overdoses in public library's, semen friendly politicians and a corrupt city/state goverment you'll love it.
If you like large volumes of traffic going in the same direction EVERY weekend for recreation Denvers your town.
if you enjoy the spanish language and sanctuary cities , bam, Denvers your new home.
if you like a cost of living index thats 28+ points higher than the national average and a median home price of $426000 you should hurry before it gets even higher.
if you like 131 days of poor air quality per year, get here and suck it up.

personally I think you are retarded for even considering it.

.... like tears in the rain
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I have relatives that live there. I hate the place so bad that I have not visited them in years.
I had to work up there about a year ago for two months. What a hell hole.
I live south of there about an hour and a half in Pueblo West. I can be at Pueblo Municipal indoor shooting range or to the PWSA range in about 15 minutes. The Pueblo Reservoir is about twenty minutes away and in less than an hour I can be in the mountains or step out my door and be in the prairie. Why would I live in Denver?
Rider
P.S. I step out the back door and Pikes Peak is perfectly framed by the Granddaughters playhouse.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
WOW!

I had no idea I've been living in such a crappy area for the last 41 years.

Thanks to all that enlightened me!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by k22hornet
WOW!

Yea, sounds like NYC, Chicago and SF all rolled into one!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Do your best to live in the northern part of Denver..... if a commute to Frederick, Mead or Windsor is acceptable, do that.... you’ll be closer to Wyoming.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
Do your best to live in the northern part of Denver..... if a commute to Frederick, Mead or Windsor is acceptable, do that.... you’ll be closer to Wyoming.

And outside of the "Five Commie Counties".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k22hornet
WOW!
laffin’

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 2500HD, 222ND, 257 roberts, 69 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,692
Posts18,534,541
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.