Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The idiot that told the world that our defence had been weakened.

A dozen Iranian speed boats brazenly swarm U.S. warships in the Persian Gulf. A Russian fighter jet buzzes a U.S. Navy surveillance plane flying over the Mediterranean Sea. North Korea fires a barrage of missiles launched from the air and ground.

All the incidents took place in mid-April. All were mounted by some of America's top adversaries. As coronavirus stalks the globe, sapping attention, budgets and government personnel at home and abroad, U.S. adversaries from Moscow to Pyongyang are flexing their muscles and testing U.S. resolve.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Iranian speedboats have been buzzing our ships for years. You must've not been around in the Cold War days if you think Russian planes getting close to ours is something new. South Korea and Japan can take care of North Korea in a minute. They don't need our help.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Iranian speedboats have been buzzing our ships for years. You must've not been around in the Cold War days if you think Russian planes getting close to ours is something new. South Korea and Japan can take care of North Korea in a minute. They don't need our help.

This

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What are you talking about this benign [bleep] of buzzing ships?

Don’t y’all remember the ragheads actually took sailors captive a while back and we did NOTHING !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/22/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Don’t y’all remember the ragheads actually took sailors captive a while back and we did NOTHING !

The point isn't that the actions are benign, the point it the actions simply are not new and likely not the result of the carrier captain's actions.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We got our sailors back. That’s not “nothing”.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That carrier captain is a pussy that stopped in Vietnam to diddle a little boy

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
wasn't that under zero's watch? if so that explains it...

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Russians have been doing this since at least the 1970's. Iranians held 50+ Americans hostage for over a year 1979-1981 while occupying our embassy.

The carrier captain did the right thing, someone else leaked the story. I'm betting he gets his job back with Trumps blessing.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That carrier captain is a pussy...
Looks like he clearly had the respect of the 5,000 men that he commanded on the Roosevelt.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Good point Antlers

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

That was under the bleeder sheriff.

There's a new Sheriff in town now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JMR40
... The carrier captain did the right thing, someone else leaked the story. I'm betting he gets his job back with Trumps blessing.

This is my thoughts on the subject as well. Someone had an ax to grind. Hopefully the truth comes to the surface while Trump is still CinC.
Originally Posted by antlers
...Looks like he clearly had the respect of the 5,000 men that he commanded on the Roosevelt.

Given the respect shown to him by his crew, regardless of the above, I think he did the right thing.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The difference is that back in the cold war, the Russians were actually shooting at us, and we shot back. Several planes and more than a few ships from both sides aren't around any more, with the loss of entire crews. The incidents just got hushed up, back before every dunbazz with a cell phone and an axe to grind could publish stuff for the whole world to see in a matter of seconds.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
True. This isn’t anything new. Russians actually rammed our boats a few times. They do this regularly to test our resolve. I think they may be surprised this time though. This bull has much bigger horns than the last one and he ain’t afraid to use them...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Read Blind Man's Bluff - fascinating what our Navy did during the Cold War.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UPhiker

the Nork army is huge but only in numbers. They're very poorly equipped compared to many other countries. A year or so ago, Un released a bunch of them from training to forage for food for the troops. The government couldn't afford to feed them all.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
China didn't need trained soldiers at the Chosin reservoir- - - - -just thousands of them. My landlord for a short time was a medical corpsman in Korea- - - -he said that only one in three of the Chinese soldiers who charged their machine guns had a rifle. The other two screamed and blew bugles, and were ordered to pick up the rifle when their buddy got hit and press on. He said the machine gunners had stacks of spare barrels to change out when the ones they were firing with melted down. It doesn't take much specialized training to charge a machine gun, especially when the NCO's in the next wave carried pistols to execute the ones who tried to retreat.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That carrier captain is a pussy that stopped in Vietnam to diddle a little boy

With which unit did you serve?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So now another chapter will be written in the Naval War College lesson plans.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.