Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
djs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
"More than half of counties (in the USA) have no hospital ICU beds, a growing concern as the novel corona-virus spreads throughout the nation. This map shows counties with no hospitals, counties with hospitals but no ICU beds, and counties that do have ICU beds."

https://khn.org/news/as-coronavirus...icans-live-in-counties-with-no-icu-beds/

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't you post that a month or so ago?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

he's lonely and seeking attention again. pathetic

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sparse down the middle!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ribka

Geno

Nothing more from you than a fart.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Geno

Nothing more from you than a fart.

Bon appetit, Charles.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
djs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

Geno

No on both counts. NO, I didn't post it before (ever - this is the first time I've seen it). No, I am not lonely.

But, the map does posse a question as to how millions get medial care when needed.

Last edited by djs; 04/25/20.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Where you live certainly determines the quality of care. Life is full of compromises.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs

Geno

No on both counts. NO, I didn't post it before (ever - this is the first time I've seen it). No, I am not lonely.

But, the map does posse a question as to how millions get medial care when needed.

They get it like everyone else.
They are taken to a hospital that has what they need.

Last edited by Snyper; 04/25/20.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by djs

Geno

There could be a hospital every 50miles and many still couldn't get it. But its said this is the best system in the world.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs

Geno

Well, if it wasn't you, then someone else put it up for viewing awhile back. It's not news to those of us that live in rural areas.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by djs

Geno

Well, if it wasn't you, then someone else put it up for viewing awhile back. It's not news to those of us that live in rural areas.

Geno

Hey ! You ! Yeah, you !

Listen up !

You’re supposed to be all upset and stuff.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by djs

Geno

Geno

Hey ! You ! Yeah, you !

Listen up !

You’re supposed to be all upset and stuff.

I'm grumpy alla da times.

it jess don show much in my typins.

Geno

In it is contentment

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
... Well, if it wasn't you, then someone else put it up for viewing awhile back. It's not news to those of us that live in rural areas. ...

This ^^^^^^ Oldest daughter's F-I-L went down with heart attack two weeks ago. Passed while being flown from small town hospital to UK Med Center in Lexington. If you want to live in "God's Country" you have to accept some compromises...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs
"More than half of counties (in the USA) have no hospital ICU beds, a growing concern as the novel corona-virus spreads throughout the nation. This map shows counties with no hospitals, counties with hospitals but no ICU beds, and counties that do have ICU beds."

https://khn.org/news/as-coronavirus...icans-live-in-counties-with-no-icu-beds/

The answer isn't more hospitals. The care at many hospitals now is below acceptable standards, and it wouldn't get better with socialized medicine - that would only exacerbate the problems by providing even worse care by diluting resources. Other than in cities hospital care is going to be hit or miss, particularly in counties with less than 100,000 people. I know of two situations in the past 5 years or so where family members in two separate towns several hundred miles apart did not receive good care in response to clear stroke symptoms. In one case, after nurses and a physician had seen a patient and hadn't determined that a stroke was in progress, a woman who worked in a job below a nurse in the medical hierarchy told the family that they probably should get someone to look at the patient again and ask for intervention because the symptoms were very clearly stroke symptoms. That was after the patient had been through the ER and in a room for quite some time without getting treated for the stroke when time is critical. Thankfully, both of those people survived and recovered. Survival and recovery DESPITE poor care, is probably why many smaller hospitals are still in business. Those problems happen in large hospitals, too, but they seem more common in smaller hospitals. It really depends primarily on the quality of the physicians, and nurses and other staff too, and many smaller areas have trouble recruiting top talent.

The answers to our healthcare problems aren't being discussed by politicians and policy wonks because those answers would mean getting the big corporations out of medical care and reforming some massive "nonprofits" where the top administrators profit greatly to the detriment of the people who actually care for the patients, and ultimately to the patients' detriments. To get back to a good model for delivery of care (how physicians and nurses and hospital administrators work), we need to turn the clock back 40+ years before medicine became such a big business.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I'm most familiar with the Michigan counties and it's not like they are in the middle of BFE. Livingston County is the county north of Ann Arbor, which has the huge U-M Hospital and St Joe's in Ypsilanti. Same with the other counties. They are on the fringes of major metro areas where recent urban sprawl has created more residences but the major hospitals haven't built that far out, yet. They do have satellite facilities but major cases are transported to the primary location.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What did people do before covid-19 if their situation required a icu bed???

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Geno

This^^^^. During Zeros reign thousands of hospitals closed. Many couldnt keep their small town hospital or drs.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/25/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Pat85
What did people do before covid-19 if their situation required a icu bed???

You get transported to a major city hospital 30 -60 or even more miles away. That's also done with life flight helicopters.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Making these claims by county is not valid. Some states have 20-30 counties and some have a hundred or more. Iowa has 99 and I have never heard of the instance when someone needing ICU facilities did not get them, here or anywhere.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 54 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,778
Posts18,515,708
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.