Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Great customer service, how about not needing it? Vortex is basically a marketing company that private labels Asian optics. They sponsor every wanna be prs shooter. They give out tons of free product

You know they have built a factory in WI and then enlarged it just for making a scope that everything is manufactured on site, right? Well, except the reticle...

1 of 50 products is alot. How much of the factory is shipping and receiving?

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
started out OK...now not so much....kind of going the way of Zen Ray....

gunut
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by keystoneben
Great customer service, how about not needing it? Vortex is basically a marketing company that private labels Asian optics. They sponsor every wanna be prs shooter. They give out tons of free product

You know they have built a factory in WI and then enlarged it just for making a scope that everything is manufactured on site, right? Well, except the reticle...

The thing is the AMG is an expensive scope and they cannot keep up with demand. I have no idea how much of the new factory is used for shipping and receiving, but my WAG would be almost none. The original buildings are still in use AFAIK.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Rots of Ruck Vortex if you keep importing Chitt from China.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The thing is the AMG is an expensive scope and they cannot keep up with demand. I have no idea how much of the new factory is used for shipping and receiving, but my WAG would be almost none. The original buildings are still in use AFAIK.

Have to move a chit load of product to pay for a new facility and employees

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I guess factory is the wrong word. They probably receive, then ship a thousand products from their warehouse for every one scope manufactured and shipped from the U.S. factory.

Nothing wrong with having product made overseas, but don't pretend the backbone of the business USA manufacturing.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’m curious what they “make” in Wisconsin. Import, re-sell and ship is probably a better description.

GOD Bless America
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I guess factory is the wrong word. They probably receive, then ship a thousand products from their warehouse for every one scope manufactured and shipped from the U.S. factory.

Nothing wrong with having product made overseas, but don't pretend the backbone of the business USA manufacturing.

As long as you don't do business with the country that killed hundreds of thousands of people with their greed I am ok with that.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Go on...

GOD Bless America
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Quak
I’m curious what they “make” in Wisconsin. Import, re-sell and ship is probably a better description.

https://vortexoptics.com/riflescopes/razor-hd-amg.html

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everything except the reticle is done in house.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
😂

GOD Bless America
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
They are like almost every other optics company, some of their stuff is good, some isn't. Not hard to do 5 minutes of research and find out which products are which, and where they are made. Stick with the Japanese and USA made products and you'll have the odds in your favor.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 2five7
Originally Posted by BluMtn
I won't touch them with a 20' pole. I had one of their first Razor 12x50 razor bino's that I pre ordered when they were introduced.. I broke them, sent them in to see if they could be fixed. This was at the time they were coming out with the next generation of HD razors. I sent an Email asking if I could upgrade to the HD's and would be willing to pay for the upgrade. I was told that they would be sending me a replacement pair of original razors. I sent an email back to them reiterating that I would pay for an upgrade considering that Vortex was not making the original. I received a return email stating that they had some in the QA room that they used for testing. I had written the serial number of my binos down for my records. When I received my replacements I checked the serial number and it was an older serial number than I had sent in. At that point I put the binos up for sale, cancelled a order for several Vortex scopes that I had ordered, removed all my Vortex scopes that I had mounted on rifles, sold them, Sold my spotting scope. I no longer have anything that says Vortex on it. Bitter? you bet, I have no reason to do business with Vortex for any reason. Their life time warranty is nothing but a joke.

Damn, I've seen 3 year olds cry less when one of their toys break. I'm sure they are glad to no longer have you as a customer.

They were, still get a Christmas card every year thanking me.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2five7
They are like almost every other optics company, some of their stuff is good, some isn't. Not hard to do 5 minutes of research and find out which products are which, and where they are made. Stick with the Japanese and USA made products and you'll have the odds in your favor.

But you'll still have a scope named after the swirl in a toilet, and that's just silly.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz
I have had 4 Vortex products.One was a Viper spotting scope 65MM.When I opened the box it was in 2 pieces.I sent it back for a refund.I have a 4-16 HST and it is just ok.I had a 6-24 Viper that I could not focus to my eyes.I sent it back for a refund.I had a 2-7 that had tunnel vision.It actually focused quite well as long as it was left on 2 power.So I have kept one out of four I bought and people bitch about Leupolds.I have never sent a Leupold back for any reason except for the one my son dropped out of a tree stand.

You sent back a spotter because "it was in two pieces in the box?"

That is absolutely classic!

Two pieces as in broken.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
When I was selling firearms part-time from 2014-2016 we could buy six Vortex optics a year for 60% off MSRP. Dealing with Vortex from a retailer perspective was a pleasure. They do have a great warranty, as so many Vortex owners state. The warranty has to be used way too often, as so many Vortex detractors state but it is true. I admire Vortex’ marketing strategy from the standpoint that it has been very successful for them.

At least one Razor model is assembled in Wisconsin. I have a Razor Mini Red Dot I’m happy with. The Crossfire II, Diamondback, Strike Eagle and Viper scope lines leave me singularly underwhelmed.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My former employer was a Vortex dealer and I acquired razor binos and spotter for free as well as a tripod. All functioned well. I pretty much destroyed my spotter and tripod due to my own negligence. Both were replaced swiftly and w/out hassle. Say what you will about their products but they honor their warrenty.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
My only experience was one I put on my grandson's 22-250. I did some side by side comparisons between it and a few other scopes in its price range. It didn't impress me any. My grandson likes it just fine.

Seriously though, could they have come up with a dumber company name? This is literally a vortex.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

PB for the Win! LOL!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by cdb
When I was selling firearms part-time from 2014-2016 we could buy six Vortex optics a year for 60% off MSRP. Dealing with Vortex from a retailer perspective was a pleasure. They do have a great warranty, as so many Vortex owners state. The warranty has to be used way too often, as so many Vortex detractors state but it is true. I admire Vortex’ marketing strategy from the standpoint that it has been very successful for them.

At least one Razor model is assembled in Wisconsin. I have a Razor Mini Red Dot I’m happy with. The Crossfire II, Diamondback, Strike Eagle and Viper scope lines leave me singularly underwhelmed.

Actually there warranty SUCKS

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (06hunter59, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,818
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.