Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They have so many different models. After test riding a few I decided I still think the Road King is the nicest style but the Heritage Softail is 100 pounds lighter. So I went with the lighter bike.
I am getting older. I wish they still had kick start.
Just for fun.
My son may sell me his V Rod if he buys a house.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by whelennut
They have so many different models. After test riding a few I decided I still think the Road King is the nicest style but the Heritage Softail is 100 pounds lighter. So I went with the lighter bike.
I am getting older. I wish they still had kick start.
Just for fun.
My son may sell me his V Rod if he buys a house.

I got a Lowrider because I'm almost a midget...seriously, I wanted a big twin, but like the looks of a Sportster. It's an interesting bike. First time I ever dragged a HEEL in a corner. Most of my bike experience had me leaning far forward and dragging knees. This is actually like riding a recliner. Kinda got tired of cheating death at 150mph.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you haven't seen this video, its the definition of cheating death on a Harley

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sold my bike when I got engaged 30 years ago. Needed the money and all. Kept the jacket though. Now that last daughter is graduating from college this May wife has been asking me if im thinking about a Dresser. Maybe.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
if you are thinking HD, look for used. there are some really cheap, really nice low mile bikes out there. no reason to buy a new HD anymore.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Sold my bike when I got engaged 30 years ago. Needed the money and all. Kept the jacket though. Now that last daughter is graduating from college this May wife has been asking me if im thinking about a Dresser. Maybe.

Can you still zip up your Jacket? cry

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by rem141r
if you are thinking HD, look for used. there are some really cheap, really nice low mile bikes out there. no reason to buy a new HD anymore.

My son picked up a 10 year old V Rod
with only 3,000 miles on it.
I want it bad.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

That's just mean.

I have a wonderful set of leathers, buttery soft, high quality chaps, shirt, & jacket. All high quality, functional stuff.

Can't get near any of it for fit, you bish. wink

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ain't no reason to dress up like Blackbeard just because you got a Harley, anyway.

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What a beautiful bike !
Congrats and ride safe !

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Just frigging barely!!! Thank goodness I bought it two sizes bigger back then. It fits super tight because of the inner padded support belt.

I know what its like to wear a corset though. LOL🤣

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Ain't no reason to dress up like Blackbeard just because you got a Harley, anyway.

You're right.

But when you're rollin over the high plains at midnight from Aladdin Wyoming & wantin to get back to camp in Stugis SD tor relax & enjoy the buzz, a good set of leathers is highly appreciated. Guess I could have bought red, a bi friend of mine did. She looked way better in them than I would have.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't really get into the you have to look a certain way owning a Harley
to each his own and all that

Monday though, I went over to the local bike shop to see if they have a lense cover laying around, and as I was pulling in a guy decked out in leathers pulls up on his new dresser - the kind that have the big touch screen radio in the middle of it - and he was blasting - I mean full volume an 80's pop song called Gonna Make You Sweat.

You could tell the bike shop mechanics didn't want anything to do with him.

If you have to have a radio, there are only a handful of songs you can blast on a Harley while pulling up into a parking lot with people. C&C Music Factory's Gonna Make You Sweat ain't one of 'em

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
This^ baffles the hell out of me. I live on a popular highway for motorcycle rides & I see/hear it weekly in appropriate weather.

Some dufuss spends big bucks on pipes to enhance, or bring back that age old, wonderful H/D sound.

Then............ tuns up a GD stereo so loud, he, or know-one else can ear that beautiful engine. DUH!

If anyone is offended by this, they should be.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Congrats on the ride. Love those bikes. Watch out for the left turners.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Congrats FC, beautiful machine, BE CAREFUL!

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Been driving my big W900 KW around a little this week, haven't driven it in a year, you would be shocked at what I see sitting up there meeting traffic on a two lane! mad

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

I used to ride an '03 Goldwing, it was a beautiful bike (illusion blue). I absolutely loved that bike but my kids were young then and I just couldn't ride that thing without running 80 mph around here on two lane country roads. With money being a little tight and the fact that I wanted to buy my son a quad I decided to sell; I also wanted to be there for them growing up. Now they are both in college and I'm seriously considering buying another wing or a Road King or something similar. I like the full dressers but the baggers look so cool.

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F

Originally Posted by gunner500

Thanks, but y’all are gonna give me a big head. blush

Originally Posted by KFWA
If you have to have a radio, there are only a handful of songs you can blast on a Harley while pulling up into a parking lot with people. C&C Music Factory's Gonna Make You Sweat ain't one of 'em

Damn. I guess that means the show tunes are out, too. Then again, if I was blarin’ the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, I probably wouldn’t get any extra dumb looks for being dressed like a pirate.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

Originally Posted by gunner500

Thanks, but y’all are gonna give me a big head. blush

Originally Posted by KFWA

Damn. I guess that means the show tunes are out, too. Then again, if I was blarin’ the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, I probably wouldn’t get any extra dumb looks for being dressed like a pirate.

FC

lol, at this stage in life I want music and cruise control! Hand and seat warmers are nice in the chilly morning air as well.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

386 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 22250rem, 29 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,981
Posts18,499,680
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.