Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In my opinion, you’ve made excessively narrow classes, separating out the Glock 26, 19, and 17, when they are merely three barrel/grip length variations of the same gun. It would be almost like considering 2.5” 4” and 6” Model 10 S&Ws, along with separating them out based on round or square grips, several different guns when you calculated stats on the most popular revolver models of the 1970s.

GB1

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
In my opinion, you’ve made excessively narrow classes, separating out the Glock 26, 19, and 17, when they are merely three barrel/grip length variations of the same gun. It would be almost like considering 2.5” 4” and 6” Model 10 S&Ws, along with separating them out based on round or square grips, several different guns when you calculated stats on the most popular revolver models of the 1970s.

You could be right. I won't say your aren't.

However, I'm happy with my decisions. Consider this: I wasn't the one who "separated" the Glocks; the manufacturer (Glock, Inc.) did when they made the 3 different models you listed. You, yourself, switched your EDC from a Glock 17 to a Glock 26 (according to your April 20th post in this thread on this thread). Why would you do that if they are basically the same gun? Well, they are not the same. In fact, they are different enough that you prefer one over another. I feel the same way. I own several G19's and no G26's; that was not accidental. My goal for this poll is in the title of the thread--to identify THE single most popular EDC here. Admittedly, there weren't enough responses to truly identify a winner, but the results are what they are.

But...rather than argue the decisions I've made, maybe you could group guns together as you see fit and do your own calculations--all the raw data is in this thread. Looking at data from multiple angles is never a bad thing.

Take care!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Waders did it correctly. Different barrel lengths and grip lengths mean exactly that "different"

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The gun carried most last year?
Tie......between my Ruger LCP .380 and HKP30L 9mm
Distant second place a Colt Commander .45

Gets hot, the LCP goes everywhere. Cooler weather the HK

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For others who question what guns should or shouldn't be grouped together, I know where you're at. I struggled with the notion, myself.

Does one group the Ruger LCP with the Kahr CW .380?
Does the Sig 938 belong with the Kimber Micro 9?
Do Ruger LCR's belong with Smith J frames?
Do Glocks with the same slide width and caliber belong together?
Should hammerless Smith J frames be separate from hammer models?
Should J frames be lumped together at all? (After all, some guys spent real money on scandium & titanium models only to get grouped with the budget models. Are they sufficiently similar to get put together, or are they "different?")

There were a lot of decisions to be made. So I just did what I thought was best. I am not arguing I made the correct or best decisions.

Wade

IC B2

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
The gun carried most last year?
Tie......between my Ruger LCP .380 and HKP30L 9mm
Distant second place a Colt Commander .45

Gets hot, the LCP goes everywhere. Cooler weather the HK

If you want your response to count: (1) Post the gun you carried the most, and (2) the number of days you carried it in 2019. It's OK to estimate.

Wade

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Waders

But...rather than argue the decisions I've made, maybe you could group guns together as you see fit and do your own calculations--all the raw data is in this thread. Looking at data from multiple angles is never a bad thing.

Take care!

Well, the Glock 19 won hands down by your reckoning. Add in that the Glock 17 was also represented, and (even though you didn't register it, for some reason) the Glock 26 was represented also, I'm proclaiming the Glock double stack 9mm offerings (all of which take the same magazine class, downward-interchangeably) to be the overwhelming winner.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not calling anyone a liar, but I suspect everyone who isn't an LEO and claims to carry a G19 or larger everyday isn't being entirely honest with themselves. In my experience that "everyday" is couple of times a month or the larger gun is in the truck and there's a .380 or j-frame in the pocket. Just saying.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jds44
Not calling anyone a liar, but I suspect everyone who isn't an LEO and claims to carry a G19 or larger everyday isn't being entirely honest with themselves. In my experience that "everyday" is couple of times a month or the larger gun is in the truck and there's a .380 or j-frame in the pocket. Just saying.

With respect, you are dead wrong. I've been carrying since 1980. Started mainly carrying pocket guns, and then only from time to time, but soon started carrying them just about everyday. Then I started sometimes carrying larger, service sized, guns. Gradually, I was carrying the larger, service sized, guns more often than pocket guns, and eventually gave up pocket guns completely, and only carried full sized guns. Since the middle 1990s, I have mostly carried full sized guns, such as steel 1911s, three inch K-Frame, steel, S&W revolvers, and a Glock 17. During periods of years when I carried one of those, it was about every day. Only last year did I start carrying the Glock 26, but I could be just as happy with a Glock 19, which I have also.

People think it's hard to carry full sized guns, but done right, and giving yourself time to get used to it, it becomes quite easy, and feels natural.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

I can only speak for myself. I wore the G17 daily for years. Now the G19, and it is a treat to carry.

IC B3

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You used to be correct with me. I preached "no man in a gunfight wishes he had a smaller gun and fewer bullets," but...I personally carried a Kahr PM9. It was hypocrisy.

I switched to a G19 for the longer sight radius, the increased ammo capacity, and the larger size (for better grip off the draw). I carry it to and from work. On the weekends, it rides in an IWB Blade Tech. On "cheat days," which are about once per month, I pack the Kahr. Those are usually on the weekend, in daylight, when I am going somewhere and don't plan to get out of the truck or I'm going to a friend's place and back (no "public" places).

Wade

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Can't stand to be "statistically insignificant", can you? grin

I think I'm gonna respond "statistically insignificant" every time you post "high bore axis" laugh

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
And yeah...

I can be an ass. Don't even really gotta try...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by johnw

Can't stand to be "statistically insignificant", can you? grin

I think I'm gonna respond "statistically insignificant" every time you post "high bore axis" laugh

LMAO! I say go for it

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I can only speak for myself. I wore the G17 daily for years. Now the G19, and it is a treat to carry.

I carried a full size all steel 1911 for years, by comparison a G19 seems like a snap

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Personally I prefer to be statistically insignificant. When you’re under the radar you can get away with all kinds of cool chit. So I carry G32s and 38 Supers.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I should have said LEO or Marine! smile

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Absolutely.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

I carried a full size all steel 1911 for years, by comparison a G19 seems like a snap

Truly. I also carried an all steel 1911 for years, and quite quickly became used to the feel of it to the point it felt funny not carrying it. But I must admit that, if you are active on a hot day, outside, carrying it, you begin to feel it no matter what, and the double stack Glock 9mms (17, 19, or 26) are a huge improvement in that regard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like G26 because due to short grip it's easy to conceal. If it had rail for small light it would be perfect. While it will accept G19 or G17 magazines I don't carry them because fully loaded they're simply to heavy. My choice is 9+1 configuration.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,863 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,592
Posts18,532,460
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.