Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I won a BDX combo, ( This is the Sig scope that gets its ballistic data from the Sig rangefinder, automatically adjusting the aiming dot to the distance ranged) and have 3 rifles that are shortened stocks that fit me and I shoot well enough. A Kimber 308, a Mark X 300 winmag, and a Weatherby 7mm-08. I just can't decide which to put it on... any ideas?

Last edited by Ladymulerider; 07/09/19.

I ride mules, hunt every chance I can, and even take my husband with me!
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which shoots long range bullets best

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Which ever rifle you decide, please post a report on how the system works for you. I have been thinking about getting a BDX system for my 270.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
My range will be 400 yards max. I hunt elk rarely, whitetail a good deal and coyotes that come in after calves. All rifles here are sufficient for these ay this range...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ladymulerider
My range will be 400 yards max. I hunt elk rarely, whitetail a good deal and coyotes that come in after calves. All rifles here are sufficient for these ay this range...

If that's as far as your going to shoot, I would use it on either 7/08 or the 308. I have the system on a Christensen Mesa in 6.5 PRC and have taken it out to 660 yards. It works very well.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
will do!

Let me know how you like it! With 400yd being your max shot, it won't really matter much. Just check your hunting Regs. I've heard that some states the BDX system is illegal to hunt Big Game with because the scope is capable of communication to other devices. This capability is starting to be outlawed

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Huntress1956 I will let you know how I like it, both used in regular fashion, and as they are intended by linking etc.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
As promised, I am tardy as can be, but an update on the Sig BDX system. The decision, I put it on the 308 Kimber Mountain.
The good news, it flat works great!
The stuff ya need to know. You only need the phone(app) to link em together, and put in what rifle/load specs, and pick one.
Do the initial first set up with no distractions and a feeling of time is no matter. Make that easy on yourself.
Don't need the phone in the hunt itself.
Very fast ranging.
You can customize it a lot. You can use the scope like a non-digital one if you like. You can use the rangefinder by itself also. Glass is fine.
You will occasionally have updates. Do them. Do not let the phone go to sleep while they occur. The updates don't take long.
For the average person that is not a Carlos Hathcock clone, it can work as simple or more detailed as you like.
I have surprised myself with it hitting precisely where aimed.
You can sight it in at whatever distance. The app lets you tell it THAT distance, and it configures all your loads from that point, easy and automatically
Ton of fun!

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ladym.....how do you hold for wind with that scope?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now is the time to get into the Sig BDX Riflescope & Rangefinder System as we are running sales on these systems

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
You can pre input a wind direction and value, or let it receive data from a Kestrel with Bluetooth. You can put it in via the phone app, doesn't have to have cell service to do that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ladymulerider
As promised, I am tardy as can be, but an update on the Sig BDX system. The decision, I put it on the 308 Kimber Mountain.
The good news, it flat works great!
The stuff ya need to know. You only need the phone(app) to link em together, and put in what rifle/load specs, and pick one.
Do the initial first set up with no distractions and a feeling of time is no matter. Make that easy on yourself.
Don't need the phone in the hunt itself.
Very fast ranging.
You can customize it a lot. You can use the scope like a non-digital one if you like. You can use the rangefinder by itself also. Glass is fine.
You will occasionally have updates. Do them. Do not let the phone go to sleep while they occur. The updates don't take long.
For the average person that is not a Carlos Hathcock clone, it can work as simple or more detailed as you like.
I have surprised myself with it hitting precisely where aimed.
You can sight it in at whatever distance. The app lets you tell it THAT distance, and it configures all your loads from that point, easy and automatically
Ton of fun!

I have the BDX system on my CA Mesa in 6.5 PRC. Did you do the velocity verification as Sig recommends? I haven't done it yet because I don't have a range that I can shoot for bullseye at 500 yards. I'll have to wait until I get to the lease one day.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I just inputted the velocity off the ammo box. I was thinking I would just see how well that did. pinged a coyote at 300 yards in the back of the head, facing away and sitting down in the grass.. I'm going to call that good. Yaaaas!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lady, I've seen some demo video clips of how it works, but my question about windage is, does it put a red dot for windage hold just like it does for elevation? Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Yes, it does. It posts the windage dot on the horizontal to show the hold. It accounts for ballistic data and distance into that solution.

Last edited by Ladymulerider; 05/15/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.