Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I live in one of the areas supposedly hard hit by the corona virus. I know no one who has Covid19 or even someone who has been tested for it. How many people here are in the same situation?

Kevin Haile
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A dozen at this point.

3 of 4 people in 2 different families, plus a bunch of 1-offs.

At least a dozen. One was on the vent for a long while, barely made it. Lots of comorbidities.

Most had "a really bad flu" and a couple had a 'weak flu'.

its a crap shoot.

I am close to ground zero, so to speak. I am sure there are TONS of people who had it but I havent heard ffrom recently, and even more who had it and didnt know they did .

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Neighbors brother dies from it. They buried him last week.
Closest coworkers grandfather had it, but he beat it.
Two family members on my wife's side tested positive.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I might. Someone at work had a presumptive positive test. Which means that they were running a temperature.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
An acquaintance is a nurse and a healthy young 40 year old. In pretty bad shape and in icu

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A whole family in our church has it!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No one.

LOL
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My cousin has been in the hospital since Sunday. Blood clots in his lungs. Received a plasma treatment Tuesday. 55 y/o in good shape. Doesn’t smoke. Picked it up at work. He was one of a 12 or so that had a positive test.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My next door neighbor and his wife said they had it and are now well. I don't know who told them they had Covid, but I assume they were tested. They are in their 60s, about ten years older than my wife and I. The mother-in-law, in her 90s, lives with them, and she never got sick.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My hunting buddy from CO Springs, been sick a month with it. Oxygen at home, it was bad enough for him. He's waitng to get the second negative test before he goes back to work.

Clients, she is a rural hospital nurse and her husband. She thinks her kids had it in January, then her husband, she was the last to get sick with it. She insisted on being tested and it came back positive. Husband tested positive, the teenage kids were clear over it and they didn't test them. They're all better now.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ahmaud Arbery

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
buddy of mines sister in law.

Nurse practioner. Got tested positive. Only reason she knew she had it.

Spent her quarantine feeding cows, walking dogs and fishing.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

An acquaintance that lives in Denver. He’s mid 50s and recovering just fine.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
A couple from my town had it & recovered and a good friend of mine and his wife in Connecticut also had it & recovered. They all said it was like a real bad case of the flu.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Credit union the wife and I use has been closed for several weeks. Finally re-opened and I stopped by. I was talking to the manager, Telling her I thought it was a mistake shutting down. Turned out one of the girls there come down with it and passed it on to the manager and her and the managers husband came down with it. Maybe it wasn't so crazy. I can tell you for a fact though that branch doesn't have nearly the traffic they had before this whole thing started.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Four people --- Mother and daughter (age 65 and 43) got it late Jan / early Feb on a vacation in Morocco with a group of Italians from northern Italy -- very sick but not hospitalized, Air Canada allowed them to fly home even though they said they were ill as they had not been travelling in China. Mother said it was the worst she has ever felt with her whole body being sore and pneumonia symptoms.

Fellow in our community. He drives an airport shuttle and thinks that is where he got it - he was hospitalized (non-ICU) and has been back home for about a month, John says he is still out of breath, body aches and head aches - he is in his mid 60's,

Caregiver to a family across the street. She is also a office clerk at a medical clinic where a group of doctors were infected at a curling bonspiel. He brought it into the office and she got it there. She is no longer a caregiver for the family as their son is immune system compromised.

Hugh
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Sister, brother-in-law and my stepdad had covid19! Tested and confirmed. Sister and brother-in-law are well, retested and cleared! My stepdad died after catching it, was to much for his 90 years old system to fight! They are in eastern Washington. Know two nurses in town that had covid, and recovered over a month ago!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Sitting here on the edge of NY's epicenter I know many people who have confirmed CV. Some have recovered from it, a few still battling it and one that didn't make it. IIRC we have confirmed 330,000 positive cases to date. Although things are moving in the right direction each day that we remain on "Pause"; we still see over 2,000 new confirmed cases every day.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Don’t know anyone who knows anyone.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My small community is/was one of the hotspots. I’ve lost six friends. Every one of them are black.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,670
Posts18,474,777
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.